any similar games like KS?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Re: any similar games like KS?

Post by Guest »

sure, lets see here.

Your a HS student who is only attending HS for reasons of getting away from your actual job. You're actually in works with the yakuza.
This is because of your debt that you inherited from your father some time at the age of 8. So your basically the Maverick of negotiations
right hand man of leader of the yakuza.
stealing property and running companies into the ground. Nothing illegal but also nothing to be proud of.
During your time you come across main characters, 5 girls and 1 guy.(excluding your mentor and step father the leader of the yakuza.)
During your time you come across this leader is the character named Maoua and a girl named usami who's been chasing maou and
they decide to have a war right in your city. In Japanese meaning the Devil. This person is just as smart as you and doesn't play by the rules.
Nothing is outta play when it comes to him and his plans reach a much grander scale.
The strange thing is that he's actually attacking your friends who you also in one way or another have to manipulate,
steal from or straight out ruin their lives.In accordance with your boss and step father the leader of the yakuza.
It's up to you if you wanna follow his lead and take advantage of your friends and let things run their course so you can go after Maou or
Protect your friend.

Now for the character role call,
There is Tsubaki - to give you and Idea the Misha of the game. She's Happy go lucky, naive and always polite.
Kanon - The Emi of the group, good at figure skating and is also your step sister.
Usami - The Rin of the group, scatter brained at times but sharp as a katana when it comes to Maou she knows better then anyone, hunting him down for her own personal reasons.
Shiratori - The Hanako of the group, except for the fact that she hates you. Ironically she has purple eyes too, go figure. outsider and no friends.
Eiichi - Just a pervert spouting nonsense most of the time, your his friend for some reason. Not really a lot of development from him.
Yuki - FBI and professional manipulator.

Ok last things to say, Music score is pretty good. Can get a little exhausting after hours of play but like I said you can't play it in one go.
Lastly each character's story is introduced one by one. You meet them all right away but there stories and your interaction with them is one by one.
Meaning no picking at the end who you really love, to move to the next piece of the story you either choose the girl or move on. (save)

the H scenes I gotta say aren't forced but they do have "oh your big" and "its my first" stuff like that but the stories leading up to them have meaning
and reason behind it. "There is no, oh you like this because your a big pervert like me." kinda stuff

Granted I would have enjoyed much more if you could have more of a role and control the ability of who you give the shaft and
YoungJersey

Post by YoungJersey »

That was my post ^ sorry for posting under guest.
Roy-Kr

Post by Roy-Kr »

PasterOfMuppets wrote:Don't think anyone's mentioned it yet, or if this is on topic.
There's a Data-base website of free visual novels ranging from "Lol-wtf" genre, to "damned beautiful."
Just gotta google :P
Can also use http://vndb.org
Hamachi ID: Melty Blood EU
Password: sugoisugoi
Fretless

Post by Fretless »

I don't know why, but the game has now reminded me of The Oblongs.
PasterOfMuppets

Post by PasterOfMuppets »

Roy-Kr wrote:
PasterOfMuppets wrote:Don't think anyone's mentioned it yet, or if this is on topic.
There's a Data-base website of free visual novels ranging from "Lol-wtf" genre, to "damned beautiful."
Just gotta google :P
Can also use http://vndb.org
You read my mind~
Good joke... Everybody laugh... Roll on snare drum... Curtains...

Hanako = Shizune = Lilly = Rin > Kenji > Placeholder > Emi
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

I only heard 'em mentioned once, but both Higurashi no naku koro ni and Umineko no naku koro ni are pretty good reads. They're a little different from most VNs as there aren't any choices you're forced to make. The real fun is trying to figure out all the mysteries before you get to the end. These stories are also somewhat darker than, say, KS. Lots of murder and suspense, also trying to separate characters' fantasies from the reality of the story.

I also have to second Ever 17, this was my first VN, and I still love it dearly. The final end will blow your mind :D
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
YoungJersey

Post by YoungJersey »

Sajomir wrote: These stories are also somewhat darker than, say, KS. Lots of murder and suspense, also trying to separate characters' fantasies from the reality of the story.
While I'll agree with you on the fact that I'm sure KS wont have any murder I have yet to say it's not going to be darker. We have yet too see all the endings to KS and one of them could be suicide or something of the sort. So I'd hold my judgement on that. I would like one thing in particular though, A second chance. I'm sure everyone who as played the demo all the way through with 100% completion has seen the ending with him falling off the roof. I would love to see that story line continue too. Like him falling in a bush or something but that's just me. I personally think that it was a pretty dark turn for the game at least.
Roy-Kr

Post by Roy-Kr »

YoungJersey wrote:
Sajomir wrote: These stories are also somewhat darker than, say, KS. Lots of murder and suspense, also trying to separate characters' fantasies from the reality of the story.
While I'll agree with you on the fact that I'm sure KS wont have any murder I have yet to say it's not going to be darker. We have yet too see all the endings to KS and one of them could be suicide or something of the sort. So I'd hold my judgement on that. I would like one thing in particular though, A second chance. I'm sure everyone who as played the demo all the way through with 100% completion has seen the ending with him falling off the roof. I would love to see that story line continue too. Like him falling in a bush or something but that's just me. I personally think that it was a pretty dark turn for the game at least.
I'm willing to bet the clothes i'm wearing on KS not turning out remotely close to as dark as Higurashi, or even Umineko.
Hamachi ID: Melty Blood EU
Password: sugoisugoi