Katawa Shoujo breaks up with you

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

traitor

Katawa Shoujo breaks up with you

Post by traitor »

Fictional high school romance always stops after the best part,
what they never show is that most highschool/college romances don't last very long, and couples usually break apart after they get bored of each other.
How do you think each of the disability girls would eventually break up with Hisao?

Consider the following:

Emi:
Turns out to be extremely possessive and controlling, over time you feel that your freedom is being restricted and conflicts eventually spark.

Rin:
Rin finds you boring and you find her unpredictable, the two of you break up over a text message

Lilly:
Lilly is always perfect and in control of everything. She never shares any of her weaknesses with you, and you feel that there's always an invisible barrier between the two of you. Over time you feel incompetent and begin to worry that Lilly can get someone better. You grow jealous and bitter, and you two eventually have so much distance that it's better if you've just remained friends.

Shizune:
Possessive and grinds you with her extreme jealousy, although you two are used to getting into small bickers often, you finally grow bored and irritated over her constant pestering and snapped out at her. Her reaction was first shock, then fear, followed by solitude and then seeking lesbian comfort with Misha.

Hanako:
You gave Hanako confidence to overcome her shyness, over time she opens herself up and makes more friends. After meeting so many people and having a real social circle, Hanako realizes that her feelings for you isn't really love; you are important to her, but you are not a lover to her, she's just extremely grateful that you and Lily are the only people to care for her at her weakest moment. Over time that thought crushes Hanako with guilt, and she pushes you away giving you that "she's not worth your time there are better girls for you" speech

Misha:
The two of you have intercourse for the first time, and out of nervousness you couldn't get it up, her laughing at you didn't help either. You took a great hit on your masculinity and worry that deep inside maybe you're a closet homo. In the end you deny your feelings and become a misogynist.
G3n0c1de

Re: Katawa Shoujo breaks up with you

Post by G3n0c1de »

traitor wrote:Misha:
The two of you have intercourse for the first time, and out of nervousness you couldn't get it up, her laughing at you didn't help either. You took a great hit on your masculinity and worry that deep inside maybe you're a closet homo. In the end you deny your feelings and become a misogynist.
I don't know about the rest but this is Kenji's origin story.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
traitor

Post by traitor »

G3n0c1de wrote:
traitor wrote:Misha:
I don't know about the rest but this is Kenji's origin story.
O RLY
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

This is a really depressing topic, but I agree with you about everyone except Lilly.

She never really seemed to hide the fact that blindness causes some difficulties for her, so to me Lilly seems more like the type where Hisao would get sick of her being too concerned for him all the time, too motherly. Like she'd be oversensitive about his condition and that would frustrate him to no end.

Now, I like Lilly. She had the weakest ending to me, but I really like her so this is nothing against her. I'm just saying that if anything were to cause a breakup between her and Hisao, I think that'd be it.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

Yuuko:
You are forced to break up because the police shows up and arrests her for sexual abuse of a minor. :D
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

She never really seemed to hide the fact that blindness causes some difficulties for her, so to me Lilly seems more like the type where Hisao would get sick of her being too concerned for him all the time, too motherly. Like she'd be oversensitive about his condition and that would frustrate him to no end.
He wasn't talking about her physical vulnerability, but her emotional one. The Lilly you interact with for most of Act 1 is a measured, carefully controlled Yamato Nadeshiko who is kind and gentle, but also keeps a polite distance from those she interacts with. (contrast to Shizune, who has no issues about busting into a male's dorm room uninvited, despite only knowing that male for a couple of days) On rare occasions, you see a few cracks in her almost artificial lady-act when Shizune gets her worked up enough or when she gets comfortable enough around Hisao to show some occasional playfulness, but even then she tends to subtly dodge or deflect any inquiries about her personal life.
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

Guest Poster wrote:
Totz the Plaid wrote:She never really seemed to hide the fact that blindness causes some difficulties for her, so to me Lilly seems more like the type where Hisao would get sick of her being too concerned for him all the time, too motherly. Like she'd be oversensitive about his condition and that would frustrate him to no end.
He wasn't talking about her physical vulnerability, but her emotional one.
I still disagree that that would be the cause of the breakup as I feel Hisao got to see a decent bit of the other side of Lilly at Shanghai with Akira and during the festival. I just think that Lilly will open up to him more as they get closer romantically-speaking (and you'll probably see a bit of that in Hanako's path, too.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
Darlat

Post by Darlat »

Pfft, yeah right, a break up in anime/manga/visual novels between the protagonist and one of the heroines? You'd have an easier time finding a time machine in a toilet.
I'm a rabbit.

I'm fluffy and i get violated by humans a lot : (.
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

Panty Supervisor wrote:Yuuko:
You are forced to break up because the police shows up and arrests her for sexual abuse of a minor. :D
Damn. Shoulda waited a few more years.

Suzu: Break up? You bastard rapist, she didn't even know you were dating!
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
traitor

Post by traitor »

Totz the Plaid wrote:This is a really depressing topic, but I agree with you about everyone except Lilly.

Now, I like Lilly. She had the weakest ending to me, but I really like her so this is nothing against her. I'm just saying that if anything were to cause a breakup between her and Hisao, I think that'd be it.
yeah that makes more sense, I couldn't relate Lilly with a realistic case because the only woman who barely resembled her is my mother. This makes me wonder what kind of bad ends are available with Lilly, can't wait to find out.

YES
and I bet Hisao's friends would be high-fiving him left and right shortly after the incident.
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

traitor wrote:This makes me wonder what kind of bad ends are available with Lilly, can't wait to find out.
If you break up with Lilly, you get beaten up by Akira and her Yakuza friends. :(
traitor wrote:YES
and I bet Hisao's friends would be high-fiving him left and right shortly after the incident.
Which friends? Lelouch? :mrgreen:
His only friends are Kenji and the girls - and for some reason, I doubt that they would high-five him for that...
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
traitor

Post by traitor »

Panty Supervisor wrote: Which friends? Lelouch? :mrgreen:
His only friends are Kenji and the girls - and for some reason, I doubt that they would high-five him for that...
naw, Hisao's gonna walk in the hallway and every single guy will wave at him and go "YOU THE MAN NOW DAWG", that is the day Hisao becomes king of cripple high and hang out with a huge circle of bros. Nothing boosts your highschool status faster than shagging a college girl.
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Hm... Nah, they're all gonna have a "and they lived happily ever after"-ending, until Hisao dies at the age of 35 (45 in case of Emi due to healthier food habits).

Darlat wrote:Pfft, yeah right, a break up in anime/manga/visual novels between the protagonist and one of the heroines? You'd have an easier time finding a time machine in a toilet.
inbefore "TARDIS parked in public toilet" :P
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

Leotrak wrote:inbefore "TARDIS parked as public toilet" :P
Fixed :mrgreen:

Actually while I'm here, inbefore someone makes a crappy "Doctor Loo" pun
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Darlat wrote:Pfft, yeah right, a break up in anime/manga/visual novels between the protagonist and one of the heroines? You'd have an easier time finding a time machine in a toilet.
Yosuga no Sora, protagonist dumps a heroine to bang his sister... fun huh?
I found out I hate twincest stories, but I was very impressed how the other characters in the story were written as they each reacted to the situation differently.
Last edited by Sajomir on Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D