Katawa Shoujo breaks up with you

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

traitor

Re: Katawa Shoujo breaks up with you

Post by traitor »

It'll be too boring if every good ending ends with you and your waifu living happily ever after.
You can pull out more drama when things aren't going so well.

Take Lilly for instance, you two will probably part ways for college, so the day before graduation she'll touch your face for the first time, one thing leads to the other then and you two spend the night in each other's arms for the first and the last time. The scene with her tears under the moonlight is going to look absolutely beautiful, and this is the kind of chapter in your life that you'll never forget.

Then we'll fast forward 7 years later when you two meet each other, having moved on with each other's lives, or something.
Nightlinks

Post by Nightlinks »

Shujoxa wrote:
Again, each path is going to have multiple endings, so even if that is one of them, there is a good chance of a more romantic one for her path. When the FAQ says "at least two endings" it honestly makes me expect 3: good, neutral, bad. That could be her neutral ending.

...then again, that's too "uniform" for the devs, so I'm probably wrong.
I see what you mean, I keep forgetting that there are the possibilities of multiple paths in each girl's storyline. It'll be interesting to find out what the good/bad endings are and how the "breakups" happen during the bad endings, if there are bad endings, that is.
As of now.
Lilly > Hanako = Shizune > Rin > Emi > Misha
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

Nightlinks wrote:
Shujoxa wrote:
Again, each path is going to have multiple endings, so even if that is one of them, there is a good chance of a more romantic one for her path. When the FAQ says "at least two endings" it honestly makes me expect 3: good, neutral, bad. That could be her neutral ending.

...then again, that's too "uniform" for the devs, so I'm probably wrong.
I see what you mean, I keep forgetting that there are the possibilities of multiple paths in each girl's storyline. It'll be interesting to find out what the good/bad endings are and how the "breakups" happen during the bad endings, if there are bad endings, that is.
I suspect there will be bad endings. That's almost a guarantee, along with good ones. Whether there are bittersweet and "best" ones for each path as well... well, we'll just have to wait and see. And it's completely possible that a temporary breakup might end up happening earlier in at least one of the paths as well. Only the Devs know for sure at this point, but I look forward to finding out all the possible twists and turns when the full version ends up released.

And as for the endings itself, we don't know if there'll be epilogues to any of them either yet. Just because the game might end with Hisao and [insert girl here] happy, the Devs might leave it up to us to decide whether we want to believe it lasted forever or if it ends eventually, how it ends, etc. Personally, I think I'd prefer some certainty, but good things can be said for both.

Now for a joking non-canon breakup so that this thread doesn't get entirely derailed: Kenji "dumps"* Hisao and becomes an almost complete hermit after discovering that gay sex tires him out just as much as straight sex. Nobody's going to get any more of HIS essence!

* = Read "completely freaks out and nearly gives our poor protaganist another heart attack".
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Aren't you all forgetting about the three months thingy?
Now, that's not supposed to be an exact number, so some of the paths might run a bit longer, but I'd be surprised if any path included christmas, and I'm pretty sure that graduation and stuff like "studying abroad" or "finding a job" are not going to be an issue.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Nightlinks

Post by Nightlinks »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Aren't you all forgetting about the three months thingy?
Now, that's not supposed to be an exact number, so some of the paths might run a bit longer, but I'd be surprised if any path included christmas, and I'm pretty sure that graduation and stuff like "studying abroad" or "finding a job" are not going to be an issue.
Probably not, but what happens at the end of the school year? Where are the girls heading? Someone like Lilly or Shizune probably have far-off plans and would have to leave Hisao behind. Thus, a breakup, the 'bad ending'.
As of now.
Lilly > Hanako = Shizune > Rin > Emi > Misha
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Nightlinks wrote:Probably not, but what happens at the end of the school year? Where are the girls heading? Someone like Lilly or Shizune probably have far-off plans and would have to leave Hisao behind. Thus, a breakup, the 'bad ending'.
Shizune would probably just drag Hisao with her. She's that type of person.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Verett

Post by Verett »

Panty Supervisor wrote:You are forced to break up because the police shows up and arrests her for sexual abuse of a minor. :D
That tends to ruin a relationship, yes.
ElisaMasah

Post by ElisaMasah »

I like this topic, since I'm a firmly beliver that "everything come to an end".
Darlat wrote:Pfft, yeah right, a break up in anime/manga/visual novels between the protagonist and one of the heroines? You'd have an easier time finding a time machine in a toilet.
Here the Chron-O-Jhon, Day of the Tentacle say hi.

Backing on topic, here come my INMHO:

Lilly: Lilly is an evil bitch in a Mary Sueep clothes, sooner or later Hisao will figure it out. Probably while eating a muffing He will got his moment of clarity and will flee away from her and her secret yakuza armies lead by Akira.

Hanako: Easy ... once the moe induced perceptive alteration wear off Hisao you will figure that she is indeed ugly, He will be more and more detached until he will disappear from her life without saying anything, bringing her to suicide.

Shizune: Once the joy of the conquest wear off Shizune will get bored with Hisao, she will kill him and feed his corpse to Misha to dispose of any evidence.

Emi: She will found you eating a triple chocholate parfait, a big fight will follow and Hisao after giving her a piace of her mind will go to search a less strict girlfriend ... Kenji.

Rin: keeping on with Rin's logic will bring Hisao to to verge of madness, sooner on lather he will have a nervous breakdown and left her for a more mental sane girfriend ... Hideaki.

Misha ... you can break from Misha because, she has no path ... she is not worthy to hook up so she is not worthy of break up.
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!
traitor

Post by traitor »

ElisaMasah wrote: Lilly: Lilly is an evil bitch in a Mary Sueep clothes, sooner or later Hisao will figure it out. Probably while eating a muffing He will got his moment of clarity and will flee away from her and her secret yakuza armies lead by Akira.

Hanako: Easy ... once the moe induced perceptive alteration wear off Hisao you will figure that she is indeed ugly, He will be more and more detached until he will disappear from her life without saying anything, bringing her to suicide.

Shizune: Once the joy of the conquest wear off Shizune will get bored with Hisao, she will kill him and feed his corpse to Misha to dispose of any evidence.

Emi: She will found you eating a triple chocholate parfait, a big fight will follow and Hisao after giving her a piace of her mind will go to search a less strict girlfriend ... Kenji.

Rin: keeping on with Rin's logic will bring Hisao to to verge of madness, sooner on lather he will have a nervous breakdown and left her for a more mental sane girfriend ... Hideaki.

Misha ... you can break from Misha because, she has no path ... she is not worthy to hook up so she is not worthy of break up.
I like the way you think, you sadistic person

come to think of it, what will the graduates be doing after 3 months? Will they be going to cripple college? Or disperse throughout regular colleges in Nippon? Or will they immediately take up occupations offered by government or special-people employers such as 7-11?
Their families are all probably pretty rich to afford the school, so I wonder what would their plans be in 4 years after the storyline. Emi and Rin seem to have staple career paths, but I can't say the same about the rest.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Nightlinks wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:Aren't you all forgetting about the three months thingy?
Probably not, but what happens at the end of the school year? Where are the girls heading? Someone like Lilly or Shizune probably have far-off plans and would have to leave Hisao behind. Thus, a breakup, the 'bad ending'.
Well, to me that's not a topic for discussions but rather Fanfiction, but suit yourself ;-)
Their families are all probably pretty rich to afford the school, so I wonder what would their plans be in 4 years after the storyline. Emi and Rin seem to have staple career paths, but I can't say the same about the rest.
Not necessarily. Hisao's parents don't seem to be very wealthy, and at least in Shizune's path Hisao is chronically short on money.
Yuuko also mentions lots of wealthy sponsors, so I guess a fair number of students are there on scholarships.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Palas

Post by Palas »

About this end-of-the-year ending, which you are referring to as an obviously bad one, well... it's the natural ending, what would be the Good Future in this context? The couple getting stuck in a time vortex and the year becoming neverending?
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Already been done in the fanfic…
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
ze spy

Post by ze spy »

griffon8 wrote:Already been done in the fanfic…
And THIS is why I'm scared of you guys.
"That weird motherfucker"
DaMan65

Post by DaMan65 »

by Palas on Mon May 02, 2011 8:25 pm
About this end-of-the-year ending, which you are referring to as an obviously bad one, well... it's the natural ending, what would be the Good Future in this context? The couple getting stuck in a time vortex and the year becoming neverending?
I read the fic about that its pretty good

Hiaso goes INSANE WHAHAHHAHAHAHHA :lol:
By reading this you have given me temporary control of you mind
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

Palas wrote:About this end-of-the-year ending, which you are referring to as an obviously bad one, well... it's the natural ending, what would be the Good Future in this context? The couple getting stuck in a time vortex and the year becoming neverending?
I'm pretty sure he meant to equate the end of the year (graduation) to the end of whatever relationship Hisao's in. I find this to be a pretty flimsy equation myself, since I've only once seen a high school relationship end at graduation. Usually they break up later as the long-distance situation (assuming they go to different colleges) becomes too hard, or the relationship slowly dissolves of its own accord. (...or if they go to the same college something else happens, or whatever.)

The good ending in this scenario, as I see it, would either be them staying together for the forseeable future (whether it be a "and they eventually got married" thing, or the Devs leaving it up to your own imagination) or at worst a 'no-hard-feelings' GENUINELY mutual breakup.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who