Misha not officially plump?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Kantaro

Re: Misha not officially plump?

Post by Kantaro »

neumanproductions wrote:
Plus she is the tallest and heaviest, but it is Misha's height to weight ration that gives her this title. (Weight/Height in kg/cm)
L: 0.35
M:0.36
S: 0.34
H:0.32
E: 0.27
R: 0.31
Sorry to correcting you, but your method isn't adapted, for two reasons.

First, it's not (Weight/Height in kg/cm) which should be used, but Weight/(Height * Height) in kg/m, according to the Body Mass Index method, (AFAIK, it's the more used method for doctors), so the numbers would be

Lilly : 20.2
Misha : 22.8
Shizune : 21.2
Hanako : 19.3
Emi : 18
Rin : 19.3

The "normality" is between 18~18.5 and 25 (see this for more details), so everything is fine for all of them (even if Misha is a little larger)

But (and second), whatever mathematic method is used (valid as the BMI or fanciful), they don't apply to people who have been amputated or who have members missing due to physical malformation, so for Emi and Rin, they cannot be compared to the other girls.
blackrising

Post by blackrising »

Mercutio wrote:
scott1and wrote:In the end though, I would say just wait until the release of the game to settle this, as we will have a much easier time having this argument when we have evidence to go by rather than going by what may or may not be true.
yeah, I gotta agree with that. not like we're going to like the game any more or less 'cause of a character's boob size. (at least I hope not.) in 13 days, the CGs will tell all. :lol:

and hey, there's still hope that we get to see Misha in something other than her school uniform, and the eternal question that started this thread might be a little less eternal.
You do know you just gave me a heart attack at the thought of seeing Misha in something other than her school uniform?

...I shouldn't be so excited about this, should I?
Misha worshipper to the core. WAHAHAHA~

Misha>Rin=Hanako=Lilly>>Shizune>Emi

Since I was no bigger than a weavil they've been saying I was evil
That if "bad" was a boot that I'd fit it
That I'm a wicked young lady, but I've been trying hard lately
O fuck it! I'm a monster! I admit it!
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

blackrising wrote:You do know you just gave me a heart attack at the thought of seeing Misha in something other than her school uniform?

I'm here to help. :lol:

and hey, I like the idea of the girls in other outfits. I remember the first time I played, it seemed kinda weird to see Emi in her uniform, 'cause I was used to her in the PE stuff. and I think there was something once about Shizune and Misha being in traditional Japanese clothes for the festival, but there wasn't time to do the sprites. so here's hopin'. :mrgreen:
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

Mercutio wrote:
blackrising wrote:You do know you just gave me a heart attack at the thought of seeing Misha in something other than her school uniform?

I'm here to help. :lol:

and hey, I like the idea of the girls in other outfits. I remember the first time I played, it seemed kinda weird to see Emi in her uniform, 'cause I was used to her in the PE stuff. and I think there was something once about Shizune and Misha being in traditional Japanese clothes for the festival, but there wasn't time to do the sprites. so here's hopin'. :mrgreen:
You never know, Act 1 may get a revamp. For starters, the devs mentioned a while a go they were adding cutin CGs into the game, this would be for things such as Hanako's chessboard, the cat doll at the festival and anything after Act 1. So they may add new sprites for the girls at the festival or change some bits around. Rin might even get a pair of overalls.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

scott1and wrote:So they may add new sprites for the girls at the festival or change some bits around. Rin might even get a pair of overalls.
Aura wrote:Now, directing emphasizes function over intrigue. An example from the development of KS: certain alternative outfit sprites that some characters get are drawn alternate poses as well, instead of drawing the outfit over the old sprite base. This was because drawing a new pose altogether was appealing to the artists. However, it made delta fly off the handle. The entire expression/pose palette, the "language" he had accustomed to using to the communicate the atmosphere, body language and mood of the characters was now unusable when they were in the alternate outfits.
http://katawashoujo.blogspot.com/2010/1 ... ggles.html

Yeah, I think we can expect some more sprites than just what we've seen in Act 1. You know, if these sprites have already make delta flip his shit, it's likely that they exist.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

scott1and wrote:then you both lose, as according to those measurement Lilly has the biggest breasts, although it has been noted before to not trust those measurement.
Again, the 1cm difference is explained by Lilly being much larger than Shizune. Lilly is 13 cm taller, and her hips are 9 cm wider. Proportionally, Shizune still is the biggest.

And I don't think the debate will be completely resolved with the release of the game. You've seen how everything is subjective here. I'm pretty sure people will still have wildly different opinions after playing through the game.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

It's been quite a while since I last did this, so here goes.

:3
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Palas

Post by Palas »

Hey, it's contemporary amateur (great) artists making the game, not the goddamn Teen Mutant Ninja Turtles if you get the reference. I don't think they should ever care about the proportions established in the site. It won't make a difference after all.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

Palas wrote:I don't think they should ever care about the proportions established in the site. It won't make a difference after all.
Too true, and to be honest, I'm not that big of a breast person, I just enjoy a good argument. And thinking about it, the CG's that contain breasts won't all be the same size, so in the end it doesn't really matter how big or small the girls are.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

There's an obvious way to resolve it: have a harem scene. :twisted:
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Palas

Post by Palas »

griffon8 wrote:There's an obvious way to resolve it: have a harem scene. (twisted)
"My, My, Hisao... but it would be awkward... it is ok when it is with you, but he's in my classroom. How could I ever look at his face the next day?"
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Palas wrote:
griffon8 wrote:There's an obvious way to resolve it: have a harem scene. (twisted)
"My, My, Hisao... but it would be awkward... it is ok when it is with you, but he's in my classroom. How could I ever look at his face the next day?"
The start of that sounds like Lilly, but…

Also, nobody has been asking about Kenji's bust. :P
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Griffon8's Writing
Sturlson

Post by Sturlson »

Palas wrote: "My, My, Hisao... but it would be awkward... it is ok when it is with you, but he's in my classroom. How could I ever look at his face the next day?"
I don't see Kenji participating - we already know how he feels about sex.
Also, I see what you did there (even if Lily doesn't).
"You wouldn't shoot a policeman, and then steal his helmet. You wouldn't go to the toilet in his helmet...and then send it to the policeman's grieving widow...and then steal it again!"
Erybis

Post by Erybis »

Sturlson wrote:
Palas wrote: "My, My, Hisao... but it would be awkward... it is ok when it is with you, but he's in my classroom. How could I ever look at his face the next day?"
I don't see Kenji participating - we already know how he feels about sex.
Also, I see what you did there (even if Lily doesn't).
Are we going to have to do this, again? You people are so short sighted...
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Erybis wrote:Are we going to have to do this, again? You people are so short sighted...
Don't worry Rin; ’e’s ’armless.

Griffon8's Writing