The Night Is Young.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

PasterOfMuppets

The Night Is Young.

Post by PasterOfMuppets »

Just wondering out of plain curiosity~
what's the average if not strict curfew for Japanese schools?
or Yamaku's curfew ?
O.o
Good joke... Everybody laugh... Roll on snare drum... Curtains...

Hanako = Shizune = Lilly = Rin > Kenji > Placeholder > Emi

Re: The Night Is Young.

Post by Guest »

I would assume that curfew's at 8 to 9 or so, you really can't manage all fragile students being outside after dark, there simply isn't enough staff to attend to them.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

From a rather old thread:
Suriko wrote:10:30 curfew, teachers patrol between dorms afterwards.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
atat

Post by atat »

That's a rather late curfew, the boys of greenwood dorm had to be indoors by 9!
Nixons back!!!!
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

It probably scales with the class they're in.
Middle Schoolers won't be allowed outside as long as High Schoolers.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

I've never been to a boarding school, but I'd imagine all of them have a bell or an announcement or something for when it's getting close to curfew. I wonder how that would work for Yamaku. I mean, the majority would be fine with just that, but what about the Deaf members of the student body? Shizune would have Misha or Hisao around to signal her, but what about those who don't have constant companions?

It never comes up in Act 1, though you'd think it'd be mentioned in passing at least.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
Akroma

Post by Akroma »

In a school with so many deaf students, I would assume the signal does not just consist of a bell ringing.

There is probably also flashing lights, as the Deaf use them also for doorbells and whatnot
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Why shouldn't the school simply expect the students to keep track of time themselves? They advocate self-reliance, don't they?
It's much simpler than doing several gongs and light-shows every evening.
If they had a gong signalling a 10:30 curfew to High Schoolers, some Middle Schoolers might be asleep by then - probably some older students as well.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

Akroma wrote:In a school with so many deaf students, I would assume the signal does not just consist of a bell ringing.

There is probably also flashing lights, as the Deaf use them also for doorbells and whatnot
Um... wow. Now that you mention it that seems insanely obvious and I feel like a bit of an idiot for not thinking of that.
Mirage_GSM wrote:Why shouldn't the school simply expect the students to keep track of time themselves? They advocate self-reliance, don't they?
It's much simpler than doing several gongs and light-shows every evening.
If they had a gong signalling a 10:30 curfew to High Schoolers, some Middle Schoolers might be asleep by then - probably some older students as well.
I very much disagree on all points.
1) At least 1/3 of Hisao's grade consist of blind students and I doubt that's only true of his year. You saw in Lilly's introductory scene that they have a more difficult time keeping track of time.
2) There's already a loudspeaker and lighting system, and it's quite easy to have a simple automated system.
3) It wouldn't need to be loud bells to signal it. Maybe just a series of relatively quiet beeps. I mean, if you've ever slept in a house with a dinging clock, you know that once you're actually asleep, it doesn't bother you one bit. Perhaps it's nothing more than a dinging clock/series of flashing lights [for the Deaf] around the grounds to signal the time, but that's still a simple, efficient method of reminding people of the curfew. I'd suspect it's a little more than just a normal signal of the time, but still, you're assuming everyone's as delicate in their sleeping habits as the princess who was kept awake by the pea, and that's just not so.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Went to boarding school for high school and had curfew (or "check-in" as we called it). It scaled up, starting at 9:30 for freshmen and going up by half an hour per year (so 11 by senior year), with modifications during weekends and the winter term IIRC. The dorms had at least one apartment adjoining it where the "head of house" lived, and a rotating staff of teachers would spend the evenings working in the common room after dinner to maintain quiet and serve as "office hours" for students to get help in schoolwork. Students were expected to "check in" for the night by curfew with the teacher on duty, which basically is a promise saying they won't be leaving afterwards.
静音是买外夫
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

MY curfew was when the cousins stopped eating and were upright enough for me to drop kick to their respective rooms.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué