Katawa Shoujo Act 1 v5 released!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Sgt_Frog

Re: Katawa Shoujo Act 1 v5 released!

Post by Sgt_Frog »

When I first read the title of this thread, I COMPLETELY missed the words "Act 1 v5" in the title. I was like "OH MY GOD YES IT'S FINALLY RELEASED" and then I read the rest and was like "Oh, it's just Act 1. Dang."

I am such a spaz.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

Sgt_Frog wrote:When I first read the title of this thread, I COMPLETELY missed the words "Act 1 v5" in the title. I was like "OH MY GOD YES IT'S FINALLY RELEASED" and then I read the rest and was like "Oh, it's just Act 1. Dang."

I am such a spaz.
at least you're not the only one. :mrgreen: my heart seriously went THUD when I saw "release" in the blog entry, totally threw me for a second.

but I gotta say, it's awesome that the translation teams are still hard at work on this thing. the more people who get to experience KS the better, I say.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Snapped wrote:Are the translators being let work on the finished scripts so they can get the translations for the full game out sooner, or are they just working on the publicly released stuff only? You could have the translators be part of the play-testing team too, so they can learn the material better before they translate too.
No, we don't get to see any material that is not already in Act 1. We do get the script files to work with, so we don't have to transcribe the text from the game.
It's true that we could get the translations out sooner if we could already start doing them now, but like the devs, we don't have any deadlines to meet. So when the full game is released, I'm going to play it like anyone else and then start on the translation.
Regarding playtesting. The only translator I'm sure is part of the playtesting is SC, who IIRC is doing the Italian translation. If I was asked to help I'd probably do it, but I'd rather enjoy the complete game bug-free upon release.
Playtesting is not fun. It was the part I liked the least about doing the translation.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

Porque todavia no hay una traducion en Español, carajo?!? No me digas que las chicas Katawas no interesan los Latinos. Si tienen tetas, no importan que no tienen manos o piernas o ojos que funciona.

Translation: I wonder why no one has translated the game into Spanish? I doubt there is insufficient interest. Certainly the girls have attracted Spanish-speaking fanbases.
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
Juno

Post by Juno »

Cervantes is spinning in his grave.
Napalm

Post by Napalm »

Goldilurks wrote:Porque todavia no hay una traducion en Español, carajo?!? No me digas que las chicas Katawas no interesan los Latinos. Si tienen tetas, no importan que no tienen manos o piernas o ojos que funciona.

Translation: I wonder why no one has translated the game into Spanish? I doubt there is insufficient interest. Certainly the girls have attracted Spanish-speaking fanbases.
Supongo que va a haber una cuando salga el juego entero. O no. Lo que sí se es que en un momento hubo un equipo de traducción al español, pero nunca me enteré de nada más.

-

I suppose there will be one when the full game is released. Or not. What I do know is that in a time there was a translation team, but I never heard anything else about them.

I personally wouldn't mind helping with the spanish translation, but I'd hate to have the story spoiled because of it.
Nyo ho ho~
Golden

Post by Golden »

Did anyone else flip when they saw the little circle around "downloads"?
I right about fell out of my chair.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Red_Machine wrote:I would suggest people not download this unless you need to, it resets your save data and you lose your unlockables.
I just use that as an excuse to play the whole game again. :D
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
SilverCitizen

Post by SilverCitizen »

Golden wrote:Did anyone else flip when they saw the little circle around "downloads"?
I right about fell out of my chair.
I admit I did. :lol:
I have to think about this one carefully...
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

Napalm wrote:I personally wouldn't mind helping with the spanish translation, but I'd hate to have the story spoiled because of it.
Yo tambien, pero no tengo la educacion en Español que la traducción necesita. As you could probably tell by my spelling and grammar. I'll ask after the final release if anyone else is game.
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
FailureImminent

Post by FailureImminent »

I will see if I can get a group of people for a Thai translation, but it's not likely. Possibly when the full version is released.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Goldilurks wrote:Porque todavia no hay una traducion en Español, carajo?!? No me digas que las chicas Katawas no interesan los Latinos. Si tienen tetas, no importan que no tienen manos o piernas o ojos que funciona.

I like how you made your "translation" cleaner than the original. :twisted:

The Spanish translation team has surged with members, bickered about the flavor of Spanish to use, and dropped out of sight - not necessarily in this order. The only "officially" surviving member is Pato2747. People interested in helping him should contact him.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

Just send it through Babelfish. What's the worst that could happen? :twisted:
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

Silentcook wrote:I like how you made your "translation" cleaner than the original. :twisted:
De que hablas? *innocent look* I was wondering if anyone would get that.
Panty Supervisor wrote:Just send it through Babelfish. What's the worst that could happen? :twisted:
Oh don't even joke man, if you think the result sounds stupid when you translate something blindly into English...
jijhijhet

Post by jijhijhet »

How many translation team are there now anyway
I kare not about grammer ro speling