Question for the Devs regarding Donations

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Juno

Re: Question for the Devs regarding Donations

Post by Juno »

Usual blood donor here; blood donation is not restricted at all in Spain.
You fill a questionnaire to answer questions like that of having been in GB during the 80-96 period and other infection risk related issues, plus do a short interview with a doctor so they ascertain your blood meets the safety criteria and your health is good. If all checks correctly only then you can go through the donation process.
moonpalace

Post by moonpalace »

Teclo wrote:I understand your reasons and I'm not trying to tell you what you do. [...] it seems like it would be good to at least make the most of that situation by doing an official release that at least points people in the direction of various charities on the download page. You don't even have to be the middlemen; you can just offer it for free download and say "Rather than a pay-what-you-think-it's-worth scheme, instead you might like to pay that amount to one of the following charities..." Just a thought but, as always, it's your project and all we can do is offer suggestions or ideas.
Well firstly I just want to say thanks for the game to all the devs and community for some amusing fan work and discussions.

I played the demo a few weeks ago and enjoyed it very much.

Thinking about it, an idea formed in my mind and since I haven't seen it so far I thought I might as well mention it.
You guys have already said some of the things I thought of before posting i.e. donating to a charity which seems to have the highest effieciency and not wanting to go through the hassle of forwarding other people's money.

In case anyone doesn't know of them these guys are a great resource for charities http://www.justgiving.com/ (particularly if you are a UK taxpayer and therefore eligible for Gift Aid).

What I thought was, perhaps as an extra incentive for people to donate to charity (and to take advantage of the game's popularity), you could offer the completed game a period of time (a month?) earlier than the official release with a donate what you want tag on it in order to download the game earlier.

It would be like a fundraising event. You could even make an account and use justgiving as a tool for that purpose.

Like Telco said up there, if you still don't want to be that involved you could have some links on the download page etc.

Anyway whatever you decide to do, thanks for the great work and I look forward to the end result.

Edit: I wanted to add what inspired me to think of the above. When I looked at the stats box thing for vistors to the blog and I saw 10,000 vistors I thought, "I wonder how many of those have downloaded/played the demo and intend to do so for the full release? Multiply that by even just 1 dollar and it's a figure not to be scoffed at!"

I also forgot to mention I thought to make a "pre-release for charity" edition even more special there could maybe be an extra CG or something...

Post by Guest »

Hello all,

I found this topic while searching the forums for good charities to donate too, and figured I'd make this post here rather than make a new topic.
Anyway, I have recently come into possession of a considerable sum of money, so my question is simple: Does anyone here know any good, trustworthy charities worth donating to that are directly related with disabilities? Ideally ones that deal with moe burned girls. All the ones I've found have been for causes that I hold no interest in or causes that were way too vague for me to consider. I don't want to dump money into something that's only lining the pockets of some lardass.

Sincerely,
Anonymous
Kantaro

Post by Kantaro »

Hello,

I don't know where country you are from, so regarding your country, you should know some organizations I don't know, and inversely (a lot of organizations who act at an international level are only well-known in their home country).

The only one I know dealing with disabilities and only disabilities, and which is present at an international level, is Handicap International.

Otherwise, you can browse this wikipedia categories

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:C ... led_people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:C ... ed_Kingdom

Also, you can think about who you want to help, not about what they have, but about where they are : people all around the world, or people in your own country. (you already answered to "Which persons who are needing help should I help ?", now you should answer to the location question.)

Decision is yours, I just say this because in my country, I frequently see persons who donate for people who are at the other side of the world (a good thing), but who never give something to the homeless/begging persons who are sleeping in a cardboard in the same quarter (a bad thing).

Sincerely,
Kantaro
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

I'll have to admit, I do get a little jaded at charities. The last "Charity" fundraising event that I worked on had a pricetag in excess of AU$300k. It raised a total of AU$500k (gross). I'll leave you to do the maths...

Jadedness aside, I now also realise that those events do increase public awareness and the flow-on effects of the feild will probably raise more than the cost of the event... but I digress.

Personally, I prefer charities that look after the needs of children. If you can affect the child, then you affect the adult (behaviourally, of course). Either that or Cancer/Disease research. I'd imagine that everyone here would only have to look within their own family to find someone that suffered from something that is currently branded "incurable."
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money