Act titles

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

delta
Feels Badman

Re: Act titles

Post by delta »

Also heavily fifthing "Parties Unknown".
Losstarot
Editor

Post by Losstarot »

I feel a little bittersweet on Parties Unknown.

But I guess it works...
"The eyes of ordinary people could not see it for the real moon was nothing but an invisible full moon to them."
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

It won't be named Parties Unknown.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

I will admit, it's 8 am after a graveyard shift, and I really should be working (woot! only 3 hours left!) but is parties unknown something I wrote? If it was, and if you've got a problem with that, then get some bloody education...

That aside, I will have to dig up a screenshot of what I"m talking abotu for Higu; it would probably make sense.
Also, it gives us a chance to add the "unlocked" material mid-game (ie, you get it added to the menu, but you can take a "time out" from the game to look at the unlocked stuff).
Er... I think I had apoint, but mostly I'm just skiving from work 'cause I'm no longer getting double time-and-a-half (I dropped back to straight double time at 6am. Still, making a week's worth of pay in a day is pertty sweet).

The coffee shop jsut opened. Woot.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Anonymous22
sounds kinda gay

Post by Anonymous22 »

One of the Rin/Emi acts should be called Immaterial and Missing Limbs
hurr durr
PyTom
Programming/Tech

Post by PyTom »

One thing is that the act titles can be different once you've switched onto a Girl's path. So for one girl, the title of act 3 can be "A New Hope", while for another it can be "Thinking with Portals" or whatever.

(The examples are bad, but hopefully the idea came across well enough.)
Ren'Py Creator - KS Forum Host
Lulz

Post by Lulz »

Anonymous22 wrote:One of the Rin/Emi acts should be called Immaterial and Missing Limbs
OH U
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
TcDohl

Post by TcDohl »

Here's the act title. It's a pun.
Attachments
TL note for the name
TL note for the name
kstlnote.JPG (76.97 KiB) Viewed 6364 times
Eyecatch for act 1
Eyecatch for act 1
kseyecatch.JPG (85.61 KiB) Viewed 6364 times
<@Delta_Kurshiva> I'm tiny~

[10:43] <@A22> Damn Dohl never changes, all he thinks about is ass
Losstarot
Editor

Post by Losstarot »

Huzzah, Bundle of Hisao made the final cut.
"The eyes of ordinary people could not see it for the real moon was nothing but an invisible full moon to them."
Otaku Dash

Post by Otaku Dash »

I second Losstarot. Back when it was discussed it gained a bit of popularity.. but I still wondered if it would make the final cut. I guess now I know.
"Pain is your friend... while you still feel it, you know you are alive"

"How can a nightbringer be the companion of an Angel? ... easy... by smiling"
Anonymous22
sounds kinda gay

Post by Anonymous22 »

The Act 1 title really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really sucks.

Pretty much everyone agrees. Perhaps this needs to be discussed again.
hurr durr
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

I kinda tend to agree.

It's a pun, sure, but not only is it a *bad* pun, it's a bad pun that needs to be explained.

That kinda removes from the humor.

I guess this is one of those thigns that happened whilst I was away (in in that period of confusion when I got back).

It can't hurt to go back over some suggestions.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
frumplstlskn

Post by frumplstlskn »

A pun... with an explanation? Yeah, that makes no sense and defeats the purpose. It's not even funny. It's something that an annoying kid would say, "Bundle of Hisao, GET IT!? GET IT!? Okay, I'll explain it to you!"

Where did this name come from anyway? I don't remember anything about it from before it was announced.
Last edited by frumplstlskn on Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lulz

Post by Lulz »

I suggest "Fatal Attraction". I don't have to explain.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Anonymous22
sounds kinda gay

Post by Anonymous22 »

"Life Expectancy" or "Change of Heart" seem to be the least bad Act 1 titles so far. Maybe one of those?
hurr durr