Yamaku near Sendai?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Red_Machine

Yamaku near Sendai?

Post by Red_Machine »

I don't know if anyone noticed this, but on the TV Tropes entry for KS it says that "word of God" states that Yamaku is in or near Sendai. What with the recent geological events in the region, how do you guys think it would affect Yamaku and the girls?
Hanako>Misha>Emi>Lilly>Shizune>Rin
Caesius

Re: Yamaku near Sendai?

Post by Caesius »

The game takes place ~2007.

Also normally I'd be tempted to say "they all die," but instead I'll just make a point to say that Sendai itself was not hit by the tsunami.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

In any case Yamaku is located on a hill, so they'd hardly be affected at all.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Shujoxa

Post by Shujoxa »

Expected a tasteless joke.

I was pleasantly surprised.
It would be beautiful if KS was released for download on October 7. Greatest. B-day gift. Ever. (This is not meant to be taken as telling the devs to hurry up, so please don't take it as such, it's just a dream of sorts.)
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

From the Yamaku's Location thread:
Confirmed by Crud. Since the game takes place in 2007, most of the characters we know have graduated by now. Yamaku is a boarding school, so after graduation, I'd expect most of the characters to move back to where they were from originally. It's the staff, such as Mutou, Yuuko, and the Nurse who might be in danger, though I'd like to think that they'd do their best to protect their wards throughout this situation, and maybe Hisao and the girls could come back to the school to see if they could help out.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

The people at Brown University should be safe. :D
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
Nightdragon

Post by Nightdragon »

G3n0c1de wrote:From the Yamaku's Location thread:
Confirmed by Crud.
Well then my squadron has more then likely helped out the school along with everyone else. Feels good man.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Line between fiction and reality... blurring...
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

I think they are mostly safe, being imaginary characters in a video game and all.
But you can never know.
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
Darlat

Post by Darlat »

Minister of Gloom wrote:I think they are mostly safe, being imaginary characters in a video game and all.
But you can never know.
Well, we don't know for certain if they have plot armor regarding this.
I'm a rabbit.

I'm fluffy and i get violated by humans a lot : (.
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

Darlat wrote:
Minister of Gloom wrote:I think they are mostly safe, being imaginary characters in a video game and all.
But you can never know.
Well, we don't know for certain if they have plot armor regarding this.
Well, let's see:

- It takes place in 2007.
- Everyone's in their final year there.
- The original art that inspired the whole project says "Play time is three months." So the main plot will have ended before Winter 2007, much less March 2011.

Those things in mind, it's possible that Hisao and [insert name of favorite girl here] might settle down in the area to live afterward, but if the tsunami is even referenced, it will be in an epilogue, and likely only in one for Rin or Shizune since I believe Emi, Lilly, and Hanako's paths were already finished before it struck (not sure about Hanako, but Emi and Lilly, yeah).
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Totz the Plaid wrote:Those things in mind, it's possible that Hisao and [insert name of favorite girl here] might settle down in the area to live afterward, but if the tsunami is even referenced, it will be in an epilogue, and likely only in one for Rin or Shizune since I believe Emi, Lilly, and Hanako's paths were already finished before it struck (not sure about Hanako, but Emi and Lilly, yeah).
The writing might be finished for those paths, but with the game unreleased, they could easily go back and insert this into their epilogues. Even so, I don't think that they'll actually put anything in the game referencing this event. The game is about those girls, not the tsunami.

Though you do bring up an interesting thought, would Hisao and his chosen girl settle down near Sendai, and perhaps even Yamaku? I suppose it's possible. I don't really know what the girls or Hisao want to do in their futures, but given the time frame, the characters would be in college, if they wanted to go.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Obviously the thing to do is to have all of them living near the Fukushima plant and mutate into Katawa Genshi-ro Shoujo* and fight evil Mecha devised by Setou Enterprises.

*Crippled nuclear reactor girls
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

May I attract your attention to this previous thread, ladies and gents?

So let's keep a lid on the lame jokes, okay.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

You would probably just use "Genshi" and not "Genshi-ro".

Besides, it's genshiryoukuhatsuden for Nuclear Power plant (原子力発電).

A couple of points on the geography:
- The "Hill" that Yamaku is set on is the site of the original Sendai castle, and was well above the high-tide line of the tsunami
- I think Sendai survived fairly well, at least compared to the more costal villages.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money