Lilly/Shizune Feud

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

bradpara

Lilly/Shizune Feud

Post by bradpara »

I was actually kinda curious as to whether anyone here had any ideas as to what these two don't like eachother or if this is going to be explored in the full game. Yeah, their respective disablities make communcation between the two difficult at best, but if anything, that mainly just aggravates the deeper problem that their personalities simply just clash at a fundemental level (intense uber competitor vs. cool and collected Yamato Nadeshiko)

As to how it started here is my idea.

A younger more chibi Shizune is just starting school at Yamaku when she first meets Lilly. Seeing that she is as capable a student as she, she first attempts to befreind her. The communaction issues however, pretty much nip that in the bud. Shizune, being Shizune, decides that if she can't have Lilly as a freind, she might as well have her as a Schoolgirl Rival since she sees her as the perfect person to compete against. Lilly at first tries to ingore her, but one day, it gets to be too much for her and eventually she snaps at her says something to the efect of "You are such a child" and Shizune has never forgotten the insult.

Anyone else have any ideas
Last edited by bradpara on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
DemonOfRandgris

Re: Lilly/Shizune Feud

Post by DemonOfRandgris »

As far as Act 1 is concerned, it's based fairly more on their differing personalities. Shizune is more competitive and driving than Lilly who from what I gathered, takes things in stride. Of course it has been a while so I could be totally off but derp.

Also obligatory inb4G3nocide post
G3n0c1de wrote:Harvey Dent is not moe.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Actually, I'm pretty sure that
DemonOfRandgris wrote:Also obligatory inb4G3nocide post
uh_huh.png
uh_huh.png (78.98 KiB) Viewed 9195 times
Anyway, I think that there must be something that set off a feud of this scale. They'll probably bring up the incident when asked by Hisao. As to what I don't really know. But the differences in their personalities, and the fact that it is impossible for the two to communicate one on one isn't the cause of their rivalry. Those are just fuel for the fire. Don't get me wrong, these are important to how the two interact. But I'm sure there are blind kids that Shizune doesn't care about either way, same with Lilly and other deaf kids. This is more personal than that. However, it is very likely that this rivalry was started by Shizune, the competitive one. It's actually surprising to see Lilly's reaction. Sure, she's still very reserved during the confrontation scene, but Lilly responds with passion, and is fighting back. The interesting part is that she is fighting back at all. You'd think Lilly would be calmer, and would just brush off Shizune's attacks, acting more mature. If Shizune is able to provoke Lilly this much, then this tells me that something big went down in the past.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
DMGnome

Post by DMGnome »

They're ex-lovers.

Obviously.
Fans destroy things by loving them too much. This is one of the fundamental laws of the universe.
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

Shizune drew a moustache on Lilly's face while she was sleeping :lol:
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

DMGnome wrote:They're ex-lovers.

Obviously.
Is that you Kosher?
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
Sgt_Frog

Post by Sgt_Frog »

Yeah, the differing personalities...also their respective class representative duties. Shizune likes things done as soon as possible; Lilly will get them done in a timely manner, but doesn't feel the need to rush it along.

Also, the fact that they may eventually be fighting over Hisao...
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

G3n0c1de wrote:The interesting part is that she is fighting back at all. You'd think Lilly would be calmer, and would just brush off Shizune's attacks, acting more mature.
Well, sure, if Lilly were as Mary Sueish as she was originally written. But instead it turns out she has human foibles.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
ElisaMasah

Post by ElisaMasah »

Lilly stole Shizune boyfriend (yes Lilly is not a virgin).
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!
Wan-wanniche

Post by Wan-wanniche »

ElisaMasah wrote:Lilly stole Shizune boyfriend (yes Lilly is not a virgin).
... despite being a fan of Lilly, I shall not rise to your petty insinuations.

Nonetheless, it's likely both of them are responsible for the current feud. It takes two to tango, after all. A fight has to have two or more sides, and they have to act antagonistically towards each other.
Rin takes an unexpected lead in the updated polls.
Surprised? a little
Is this unexpected? Have you met Rin:)?
Expect the unexpected. lol
Sgt_Frog

Post by Sgt_Frog »

I'm very sorry in advance to all Lilly fans, but that would make sense. Just because a girl lost her virginity by having sex that one time does not make her a raging slut. Lilly could very well have had a sexual partner before (I'm not specifying the gender of said sexual partner, since we all know how much the fanbase likes yuri) and still be the calm "Yamato Nadeshiko" we know and love.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

Wan-wanniche wrote:
I'm a fan of Lilly and would be a-okay with her not being a virgin. Sometimes I really don't get this "ruined for marriage" thing.
Silver Turkey

Post by Silver Turkey »

SirMax wrote:
Wan-wanniche wrote:
I'm a fan of Lilly and would be a-okay with her not being a virgin. Sometimes I really don't get this "ruined for marriage" thing.
I think in the case of Lilly specifically it would change my mental image of her somewhat. She seems very modest and reserved, and I just can't really picture her not being a virgin. Although the eventual H-scene will probably have the same effect. The ruined for marriage thing does seem a little weird to me, but I think it usually only applies to girls like Lilly or Hanako. It creeped me out a little when I found myself disappointed that Sakura from F/SN wasn't a virgin, but I've never felt that way about anything besides VNs, so it seems to be restricted to that medium.
Lilly>Hanako>Emi>Shizune>Rin>>>>>Misha
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Lilly does seem mature/stable enough to have had a sexual realtionship in the past. It wouldn't really surprise me. But I guess Lilly has an air of 'purity', which leads many to think she still is a virgin. In my mind, she could just as easily still be a virgin, but there's nothing really holding her back.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
ElisaMasah

Post by ElisaMasah »

Wan-wanniche wrote:

Nonetheless, it's likely both of them are responsible for the current feud. It takes two to tango, after all. A fight has to have two or more sides, and they have to act antagonistically towards each other.
You know, Virginity is this kinda of thing that guy value so much ... but being a Virgin for me is more an hassle than all and a big pain to lose too. So I'm not really insulting Lilly actually I can even envy her a lot if she is'nt.
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!