Evil plot twist, good plot twist

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Re: Evil plot twist, good plot twist

Post by cpl_crud »

The whole "audiophile" thing was really jsut a cop out on my part.

I wanted to give Hanako some kind of odd hobby that would set her apart from everyone else.
Originally, people suggested having her designing clothes for Lilly, but that just seemed a little... lame.

I decided to go with the audio nerd thing as it's second nature to me (that is, it's my job), and it's something that not everyone really gets into beyond buyign a fully sick subwoofer for their car.

It's only going to be a small part of her path, basically an excuse to team her and Lilly up on occasions. Having Hisao trying to learn an instrument doesn't really fit in with the path we've written for Hanako.

On the subject of recorded/live music:
Yes, there are speakers that can come close to reproducing a recorded sound, they're called ATC monitors, and the cheapest versions cost about US$8k/speaker. For a 5.1 setup at the high end, you'd basically have to sell your house.
That being said, in a studio, it's a lot easier to isolate the sound you want to record, and control every little detail, like cable length and so forth.

There are about a million facctors that you can use to quantify which is better, however it's not really a fair competition. Both have their advantages. I perfer live sound as it makes more work for me, allowing me to buy more random crap. Anyway, I'm basically just stalling now, as I shold be writing more of hanako's path...

If you wish to continue this discussion, please start a new thread, and I'll be happy tro participate
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Penguinmayhem

Re: Evil plot twist, good plot twist

Post by Penguinmayhem »

Originally, people suggested having her designing clothes for Lilly, but that just seemed a little... lame.
zomg Tomoyo