Katawa Brides

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

bitpeg

Re: Katawa Brides

Post by bitpeg »

I don't think Rin would even want to be married. To explain, I'll use a real life example about my friends' sister.
Her and her spouse love each other very much, but they don't want a marriage. Marriage is simply a tradition, nothing more. The fact that you want to spend the rest of your life with someone is the most important part of the relationship, so there's not much point in bothering with a wedding. Plus, you avoid many of the complications that come attached to married status, like not having to update your insurance policy, updating your bank account(s), paying for a wedding, etc.
These fermions smell positively ionic.
Saraquill

Post by Saraquill »

Grand Haberdasher wrote:
G3n0c1de wrote:Kenji would run in screaming "I OBJEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECT!!!!!!!!" at every wedding.
Unless Hisao talks him out of it beforehand. Then he'd just get drunk and end up hooking up with a bridesmaid.
If he does hook up and end up fornicating with her, expect him to go berserk the next day and possibly storm Hisao's honeymoon. "THEY TRICKED ME AGAIN!" and attempt to "rescue" Hisao before he ends up weak and exhausted from too much proximity to a female.
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Grand Haberdasher wrote:
G3n0c1de wrote:Kenji would run in screaming "I OBJEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECT!!!!!!!!" at every wedding.
Unless Hisao talks him out of it beforehand. Then he'd just get drunk and end up hooking up with a bridesmaid Misha
Fix'd :P
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

Saraquill wrote:
Grand Haberdasher wrote:
Unless Hisao talks him out of it beforehand. Then he'd just get drunk and end up hooking up with a bridesmaid.
If he does hook up and end up fornicating with her, expect him to go berserk the next day and possibly storm Hisao's honeymoon. "THEY TRICKED ME AGAIN!" and attempt to "rescue" Hisao before he ends up weak and exhausted from too much proximity to a female.
LOL that is perfect, one hoped the Kenji shall continue to provide comic releif throughout the full game. Esp in Lilly, Hanako and Rin's arcs where is is most likely to continue showing up
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

We haven't even gotten to the boyfriend-girlfriend stage and we're are already speculating the marriage aspect.
I'm very interested in what everyone has said here, though I have to state from one of my fics that Emi and Hisao might have a kid first, on one possible path, that would cause them to get married before the child is born.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

I gotta agree that there's no way to know, especially now, if they'd get married after the game is over or whatever. and yeah, getting hitched right away after high school seems kinda quick. but hey, speculation is fun. :mrgreen:

probably right about Emi having the outdoor ceremony, I dunno if it'd have tons of people but probably a lot. one thing I can see her getting nervous about, though, is dancing - sure, she can tear around the track, but can she do more complicated stuff? maybe we'll get an answer to that in the game, but it'd be kinda funny for her to have to take dancing lessons with Hisao so they can figure out how the hell she can make it work.

Rin would probably be like, okay, we're getting married today, they go to the courthouse or however they do it in Japan, then she and Hisao go home and have sex and the rest of the day's like any other day. either that or she'd make an entire room into her canvas and have the wedding there. actually, I like that idea better. it would be the weirdest wedding ever, and I'm good with that.

definitely something quiet with a few people at most for Hanako - maybe only Lilly, like someone else said. she might not even want whoever performs the wedding to see her face, 'cause by then Hisao will have (he better have, damn), so I don't think even getting married would make her less nervous about that. then again, who knows how she changes over the game's story, she might get more confident and be okay with people seeing her. no idea if she'd ever be okay with the attention a bride usually gets.

Misha getting married would be really, really loud. so would the wedding. :mrgreen:

for Lilly and Shizune both, pretty much I agree with what's been said. I like the whole Shinto wedding thing for Lilly, though, if it's got all kinds of other stuff she can hear and smell and feel, so it's not like she's missing out. and I can totally see Shizune insisting on music and dancing and her getting really good at dancing just because she's going to have that first dance with Hisao and everyone's going to be watching and all that. heh.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Sgt_Frog

Post by Sgt_Frog »

Oh man, bridezilla Shizune would be so many different kinds of awesome and hilarious.
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

Sgt_Frog wrote:Oh man, bridezilla Shizune would be so many different kinds of awesome and hilarious.
I know, and now have the mental image of some poor unfourtunate caterer/florist trying his best to get away from tag team of Shizune in his face signing furiously while Misha stands on the otherside translating and saying things as loudly as possible. ("Shicchan specifically said she wanted PARADISE ROSES why are there ROYAL HIGHNESSES here" "Why is there Merlot here SHICCHAN IS NOT DRINKING MERLOT") all the while Hisao is looking for a place to hide.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

It would be awesome if a KS version of this were made.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

... wtf did I just watch... O.o
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

Leotrak wrote:... wtf did I just watch... O.o
Something realted to Touhou I am geussing.

While I would draw a picture of the girls wearing wedding dresses sadly, I am a crappy artist.
checkerthinker

Post by checkerthinker »

Saraquill wrote:
Grand Haberdasher wrote:
.....this is probably the single most entertaining mental image of the year :D .......
Sgt_Frog

Post by Sgt_Frog »

Hanako's probable guest list:

-Hisao's parents

-Lilly

-Lilly's sister, Akira

-Their parents

-Hanako's mother

-And if any picture, portrait, or photograph of Hanako's father survived the fire, it would be put into a nice frame and set up in a chair next to Hanako's mother.

And...that's probably it. If she gets a little more out of her shell, she might be comfortable inviting the other 3 path girls (and maybe their families). Maybe.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Sgt_Frog wrote:Hanako's probable guest list:

And...that's probably it. If she gets a little more out of her shell, she might be comfortable inviting the other 3 path girls (and maybe their families). Maybe.
Why would she ever invite Shizune???
Not that she has any good reason to invite Emi or Rin either...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

Anything is fine as long as we get Yuuko as a bridesmaid.
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin