Damn You Shizune

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Rocket Royal

Re: Damn You Shizune

Post by Rocket Royal »

So I guess you prefer the chocolate? I don't blame you. I might not have said it so clearly, but the fact she was there and so persistant, even when you wanted to take other routes, was a downer.

Also, something like sand paper sprinkles or sandpaper chunk would work.
Shujoxa

Post by Shujoxa »

Totz the Plaid wrote:You may think of Shizune as "vanilla" but until her path actually appears toward the end of Act 1, she was grating, mean, manipulative, controlling, and just would not leave you alone. What flavor would that be? Sandpaper? It may not exist (or even make sense), but as far as ice cream flavors go, Shizune was like eating sandpaper. True, all of that was still there by the end, but it's the OTHER side of her that made her appealing, while the rest made me "hate" her until then.
Everyone has off-putting qualities at first, it's a wall of sorts...except Emi, which is a leap way too far in the other direction imo, as she is way too annoyingly jumping all up-in-your-face energetic and happy and carefree and whatnot. I don't think any of the girls wanted Hisao to like them, or at least, didn't care whether he did or not, and thus either didn't make much effort to befriend him or went out of their way to try not to (again, except for Emi).

And with Shizune, her flaws in the beginning of Act1 are multiplied because she has to do all of her talking through Misha, who is just as grating and all of those things, only she's a lot louder about it (obviously) and doesn't use it as a wall, that's just how she is. I noticed that a lot of Shizune's better qualities came out in the 2 or 3 scenes when Misha wasn't around. So while I can't deny (even though I'd like to) that Shizune can have some less than pleasant moments, I don't think it's really her, not entirely at least. Once Hisao learns sign language I think he and Shizune will connect a lot better and we'll see a lot more of the good side you were talking about.
It would be beautiful if KS was released for download on October 7. Greatest. B-day gift. Ever. (This is not meant to be taken as telling the devs to hurry up, so please don't take it as such, it's just a dream of sorts.)
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

Shujoxa wrote:Everyone has off-putting qualities at first, it's a wall of sorts...except Emi, which is a leap way too far in the other direction imo, as she is way too annoyingly jumping all up-in-your-face energetic and happy and carefree and whatnot. I don't think any of the girls wanted Hisao to like them, or at least, didn't care whether he did or not, and thus either didn't make much effort to befriend him or went out of their way to try not to (again, except for Emi).

And with Shizune, her flaws in the beginning of Act1 are multiplied because she has to do all of her talking through Misha, who is just as grating and all of those things, only she's a lot louder about it (obviously) and doesn't use it as a wall, that's just how she is. I noticed that a lot of Shizune's better qualities came out in the 2 or 3 scenes when Misha wasn't around. So while I can't deny (even though I'd like to) that Shizune can have some less than pleasant moments, I don't think it's really her, not entirely at least. Once Hisao learns sign language I think he and Shizune will connect a lot better and we'll see a lot more of the good side you were talking about.
I think alot of Shizune's personality stems from the fact that she is an extermely driven young woman who is at the same time, dependant on others for baisic communcation. This must be a very frustrating situation for her. I suspect that as we go down her path and Hisao learned to communicate with her, we will se more of her dere-dere side and probably even some vunerablity from her. Part of me is wonder if prehaps we might see Shizune just break down and cry for some reason during her path. I have a feeling that she is probably holding alot of insecurities back.
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
Shujoxa

Post by Shujoxa »

bradpara wrote:I think alot of Shizune's personality stems from the fact that she is an extermely driven young woman who is at the same time, dependant on others for baisic communcation. This must be a very frustrating situation for her. I suspect that as we go down her path and Hisao learned to communicate with her, we will se more of her dere-dere side and probably even some vunerablity from her. Part of me is wonder if prehaps we might see Shizune just break down and cry for some reason during her path. I have a feeling that she is probably holding alot of insecurities back.
Probably. Actually, you know, now that I think about it, (and I'm not just saying this because I don't like Misha) Misha might be the source of some of those insecurities. Before the Misha fanboys jump me through the internet, hear me out. Misha is her crutch, basically, pretty much her only way of communicating with others. When you have to depend on something like that, sometimes you realize that without it you're completely SOL. What if that bothers her? She obviously has a softer side, (If she were really the cold hard bitch we saw at the start, she wouldn't be cuddling with a cat plushie at the end of act one) so if she has been holding insecurities back, which is highly possible, now that you mention it, there's also at least a partial chance that, albeit unintentional, Misha is the source of some of those insecurities. (Which would probably mean Shizune's happier ending(s) would involve Hisao helping her come to peace with it, or however you want to word it.)
It would be beautiful if KS was released for download on October 7. Greatest. B-day gift. Ever. (This is not meant to be taken as telling the devs to hurry up, so please don't take it as such, it's just a dream of sorts.)
Roy-Kr

Post by Roy-Kr »

Shujoxa wrote:Misha is her crutch, basically, pretty much her only way of communicating with others. When you have to depend on something like that, sometimes you realize that without it you're completely SOL.
She can write, Misha is just a convenience.
Hamachi ID: Melty Blood EU
Password: sugoisugoi
Shujoxa

Post by Shujoxa »

Roy-Kr wrote:
Shujoxa wrote:Misha is her crutch, basically, pretty much her only way of communicating with others. When you have to depend on something like that, sometimes you realize that without it you're completely SOL.
True, but strangely in the KS universe it seems a person's easier to carry around than a pen and paper.
Darlat

Post by Darlat »

Shujoxa wrote:
Roy-Kr wrote:
True, but strangely in the KS universe it seems a person's easier to carry around than a pen and paper.
In fiction, a sword the size of three hundred galaxies right after eachother can be easier to carry than a pen and paper.
I'm a rabbit.

I'm fluffy and i get violated by humans a lot : (.
Napalm

Post by Napalm »

Shujoxa wrote:
Roy-Kr wrote:
Well, yeah, but you just can't sneak out of a restaurant and leave a pen and paper to pay.
Nyo ho ho~
T-Anon

Post by T-Anon »

Napalm wrote:
Shujoxa wrote:
Roy-Kr wrote: She can write, Misha is just a convenience.
Well, yeah, but you just can't sneak out of a restaurant and leave a pen and paper to pay.
So then she is convenient.
Bringerof_D

Post by Bringerof_D »

Although i agree the shizune ending is the best one i feel thats an unfair advantage in the writing.

I am still faithfully a Hanako man. Shizune just seems to have the best written route and as of the Chapter 1 ending has the most theatrical one. She scored pretty well on my list though being 2nd immediately after Hanako. It's mostly based on my taste for characters anyways.
~Hello there Kenji, I'm a psychic spy. But dont worry, I know what you're thinking. It wont hurt at all...~
Martin Crunty

Post by Martin Crunty »

> Your face when Shizune dies in Act 2 and it's actually the Misha path the devs are always uncomfortable talking about beyond vague excuses that Raita did not include her
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Martin Crunty wrote:> Your face when Shizune dies in Act 2 and it's actually the Misha path the devs are always uncomfortable talking about beyond vague excuses that Raita did not include her
Well shit, time to rewrite again. :?

Just kidding, people. Just kidding.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Yonowaaru

Post by Yonowaaru »

All this is moot anyways when it turns out you guys all suck so bad at making good choices you end up at the 'Manly Picnic 2.0' with Kenji in the end even though you were fighting for your girls. If Katawa Shoujo is anything like the real world, that is.
Bringerof_D

Post by Bringerof_D »

Yonowaaru wrote:All this is moot anyways when it turns out you guys all suck so bad at making good choices you end up at the 'Manly Picnic 2.0' with Kenji in the end even though you were fighting for your girls. If Katawa Shoujo is anything like the real world, that is.
it cant be like real life, that's why we're here because it's not real life. real life sucks! it is badly written and the flags are obscure!
~Hello there Kenji, I'm a psychic spy. But dont worry, I know what you're thinking. It wont hurt at all...~
bintoy

Post by bintoy »

Red_Machine wrote:I'm more attracted to Misha, personally.
So that's two in the Misha Camp on this thread? :lol: when the final game's released, I'd play the game like I'm trying to go down the Misha path. Then I'd go for Hanako on my retry if I find out the devs were saying the unblemished truth about no Misha path. :cry:

Or hey, a thought just came to me now, could they have designed Misha to be the 'no-strings-attached' character? Though I'd feel bad to make my character make love to her then end up with another. sounds like cheating, and cheating is so not my thing.
griffon8 wrote:In both Lilly's and Hanako's paths, Hanako needs to lose her dependence on Lilly.
When you go down Hanako's path, she'd most probably lose dependence on Lilly. Even without mention of any religion, nature's designed to have man & woman together, to be the best tandem ever. So anyway, since you(Hisao) would probably the only manly figure ever since Hanako's pap died in the fire, and I think Hisao's going to look obvious that he likes Hanako, she would so be all over you.

and also on the account of whose endings were the best, ever heard of the 5 Love Languages? (Time, Touch, Gifts, Service and Words of Affirmation) I believe it's also subjective on to who's got the best ending. I found playing chess in a quiet room with Hanako very romantic. And the promise of time with Lilly's ending seemed like a commitment to take care of Hanako together. like a pair of parents.

o and have you noticed we all got titles of damning Shizune. :shock:
heresy grows from idleness! -warhammer space marine