Damn You Shizune

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Leotrak

Re: Damn You Shizune

Post by Leotrak »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
G3n0c1de wrote: Getting to my point, I think Shizune would not take Hisao ending up with Misha as well as Misha would had the situation end up like it does in the game.
Interesting that you should say this... :twisted:
Stop advertising your fic here, Mirage :P

As for other comments made here... There is definitely more build-up towards Hisao's inner love-confession than just the moment of the fireworks scene. Consider this - why would Hisao go along with Shizune's competitive antics so much if he didn't at the least have a passing interest in her (level of innocence of said interest will not be mentioned)? A lot of people here have, in the past, stated that they hated how hesitant Hisao kept being about joining the student council. Could that be just another case of Shizune's competitiveness influencing Hisao? Aren't his attempt at "escaping" the pair a little too playful to be taken seriously?

So yes, I definitively see more of a build-up towards the fireworks on the roof scene than may be apparent at first glance. This could also be an argument in favour of me having read KS too often ">_>
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
tony246

Post by tony246 »

bradpara wrote:Hmmmmmmmmm well Shizune also does have First Girl Wins going for her if you take her route
It depends on your interpretation of first girl wins, doesn't it?

I mean, sure we 'talked' to Shizune first but the first description of one of the girls would be Hanako. And if we were really going for first girl it would be all the way back up to Iwanako.
I'm not good with this sort of thing, so I"m just going to say it here:
Thank you, Four Leaf Studios.

That is all.
ElisaMasah

Post by ElisaMasah »

Deimos wrote:I agree that beauty has a somewhat subjective angle to it, but some parts of this comment sound suspiciously like moral relativism, although I think it would be inappropriate to discuss this here.
love and pleasure are nothing more than an acquired taste of chemical release in the brain, and taste have long been the only true subjective in all human history, is not moral relativism, hell morality is not even a matter in all this game, just ... de gustibus non est disputandum ... there is no positive or negative way to like Shizune or Hanako or Lilly or Rin or The Nurse ... just a simple matter of subjective taste.
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!
Naevius

Post by Naevius »

ElisaMasah wrote:
Deimos wrote:I agree that beauty has a somewhat subjective angle to it, but some parts of this comment sound suspiciously like moral relativism, although I think it would be inappropriate to discuss this here.
love and pleasure are nothing more than an acquired taste of chemical release in the brain, and taste have long been the only true subjective in all human history, is not moral relativism, hell morality is not even a matter in all this game, just ... de gustibus non est disputandum ... there is no positive or negative way to like Shizune or Hanako or Lilly or Rin or The Nurse ... just a simple matter of subjective taste.
Couldn't agree more. As any self-respecting economist will tell you, value is inherently subjective. Any decision you make about whether a particular narrative or buildup is good or bad is by its very nature a value judgment that applies only to you. It is no more or less valid than MY value judgment. Personally, I fell for Shizune at the Risk game. I found the buildup in her story to be wonderful and Shizune really charmed me. Others might disagree. I am no more or less correct than those other people, so it's pointless to debate it. Now, there can be an intersubjective consensus regarding whether a certain thing is good or bad (for example, Shizune's Act 1 ending is regarded by most people as very good) and anyone who is offering a product or story or whatever should pay attention to that. None of this has to do with morality. Morality arises from recognizing that each person has private property rights both in their own body and in the land/items they hold--it is therefore an OBJECTIVE standard.

All right, sorry. I'm done. I'm an economist of the Austrian School of Thought, though, so when people start discussing subjective and objective value I HAVE to jump in.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

ElisaMasah wrote:
Maybe we just misunderstood each other. I said that I can agree to your claim regarding aesthetics, notwithstanding the Kantian point of view that an illusory objective property in terms of beauty exists. I just found it curious that you went on to equate it with differing moral judgments like the contrasting viewpoints of good and evil of the White and Black Knight as aesthetics are not necessarily thought of as similar to ethics.

And this is the final thing I have to say on this matter in this thread.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
ElisaMasah

Post by ElisaMasah »

Dude ... White Knight is a common slang in da Intarweb to indicate that guy on which moe character like Hanako is a sure shot to their hearts ... is only proper that since this guy are White Knight, Shizune lovers must be Black Knight (and badass about it) and good and evil are related to taste in my topic (good taste - evil taste).

Relax and leave Kant dead as much he deserve to be, especially here.
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

What is, is. There's no point prattling on about in a philosophical manner.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Wrench Wench wrote:What is, is. There's no point prattling on about in a philosophical manner.
Too late they already done did their philosi-sizing thang.
(Does this count as getting hit with drive-by philosophy? Dunno, and who really cares. :wink: )

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

Bara wrote:
Wrench Wench wrote:What is, is. There's no point prattling on about in a philosophical manner.
(Does this count as getting hit with drive-by philosophy? Dunno, and who really cares. :wink: )
You want drive by philosophy? Try what I have to put up with. Five metric shit tons of books on philosophy coupled with his constant rambling.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Wrench Wench wrote:
Bara wrote:
You want drive by philosophy? Try what I have to put up with. Five metric shit tons of books on philosophy coupled with his constant rambling.
And just what is the matter with a few measly metric butt tons of books? He should really look into getting an e-reader. I was able to get rid of over 500 dead tree books when I got one. How much of his library is available digitally is a question though.
For the constant rambling... well I guess it sucks to be you. Learn to think of it as a "charming eccentricity"? :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

Oh Dear God what have I started.

Prehaps it is the fact the Shizune's ending is the only one where Hisao flat out states he is falling in love with the girl that does it for me.

I played Act One again and Shicchan seems to have tightned her hold on me.
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

Bara wrote:
Wrench Wench wrote:You want drive by philosophy? Try what I have to put up with. Five metric shit tons of books on philosophy coupled with his constant rambling.
And just what is the matter with a few measly metric butt tons of books? He should really look into getting an e-reader. I was able to get rid of over 500 dead tree books when I got one. How much of his library is available digitally is a question though.
For the constant rambling... well I guess it sucks to be you. Learn to think of it as a "charming eccentricity"? :lol:
Oh it's charming by all means in that age old English eccentric gentleman manner. Which really does describe him rather well overall but still. It can get annoying.

As for being back on topic.
Yes Brapara. Come to the Shizune side, we have threesomes.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

bradpara wrote:Prehaps it is the fact the Shizune's ending is the only one where Hisao flat out states he is falling in love with the girl that does it for me.
That just sets him up for a huge disappointment later. :lol:
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

neumanproductions wrote:That just sets him up for a huge disappointment later. :lol:
All the paths are going to have good ends, Shizune's included. Any dissapointment will be the player's fault.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

Come to the Shizune side, we have threesomes.
New official motto of the Shizune club?
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.