Iwanako

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

kiljaedan

Iwanako

Post by kiljaedan »

Ihave a question when the game starst here is a girl Iwanako who is asking that he becomes her boyfriend, and i also heard that Our protagonist is going to heal in the middle of the game woudn't it be fair that he finally gets back his own life and comes together with this girl Iwanako ? i mostly write this to the dev team who is probably finishing the final touches in this game sorry for writing it to late but this would have been an interesting outcome to the game with a 6 girl in the picture. Anyway feel free anyone to post to this message but id like an answer from the dev team to this answer
gromulke

Re: Iwanako

Post by gromulke »

First, Hisao won't HEAL from his condition. It'll eventually get better, but he'll always have some trouble with it.

Which means he won't go back to his old life. Even though I don't know anything about what'll happen in the game, I can assume that Hisao'll graduate from Yamaku.

Second: where have you heard that the game is almost over? Las time I checked, there was still a long way to go before the release.

Plus the writers refused to make a Misha path, so an Iwanako path is obviously not an option.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

kiljaedan wrote: i also heard that Our protagonist is going to heal in the middle of the game
I've never heard anything like that. His condition is supposed to stick with him for the rest of his life. Don't tell me you heard this on 4chan.

woudn't it be fair that he finally gets back his own life and comes together with this girl Iwanako ?
In my unprofessional opinion, no. Iwanako is in the past. He needs to move on and accept his condition.

i mostly write this to the dev team who is probably finishing the final touches in this game sorry for writing it to late but this would have been an interesting outcome to the game with a 6 girl in the picture.
You do know there's already going to be a Misha route, right? (don't believe the guy who posted above me, he can't be trusted)
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

gromulke wrote:Second: where have you heard that the game is almost over? Las time I checked, there was still a long way to go before the release.
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
gromulke

Post by gromulke »

Caesius wrote: You do know there's already going to be a Misha route, right? (don't believe the guy who posted above me, he can't be trusted)
Huh... Well, good, I guess :mrgreen:

As for the game being out in a few months, when i said "a long way to go" I meant that the devs weren't about to finish the game THAT soon. I guess I misunderstood what he meant by "final touches".
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Well, I can't remember her visiting him in the hospital, as far as I know she got a serious case of cold feet and never met him again. On the other hand she could have been severely traumatised, and joined a convent because of that. Anyway nothing indicates we're gonna hear about her anytime soon... which is a great opportunity for dev's to put her in the game for some unexpected plot developement.
I've never heard anything like that. His condition is supposed to stick with him for the rest of his life.
The best he could hope for is getting a pace maker I guess.
Last edited by NoOne3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morph

Post by Morph »

Didn't they say something about "special surprises" in the game? :wink:
Darlat

Post by Darlat »

Morph wrote:Didn't they say something about "special surprises" in the game? :wink:
I think they meant.... a horse riding kenji riding misha riding a sheep... okay i don't actually think they meant that, but whatever.
I'm a rabbit.

I'm fluffy and i get violated by humans a lot : (.
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

Darlat wrote:
Morph wrote:Didn't they say something about "special surprises" in the game? :wink:
I think they meant.... a horse riding kenji riding misha riding a sheep... okay i don't actually think they meant that, but whatever.
Kenji: Ride Misha like a mechanical bull
ElisaMasah

Post by ElisaMasah »

kiljaedan wrote:and i also heard that Our protagonist is going to heal in the middle of the game
Dude, the only way Hisao could be free from his suffering is by the sound of her wings if you know what I mean, and this usually require a BAD ENDING.
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

NoOne3 wrote:Well, I can't remember her visiting him in the hospital
Actually, during Hisao's hospital stay, he does mention Iwanako being pretty much the only person who would regularly visit him besides his parents. All of his other schoolmates stopped within the first few weeks. Iwanako kept going, but as time dragged on, her visits became less frequent, and eventually she stopped coming altogether.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

G3n0c1de wrote:
NoOne3 wrote:Well, I can't remember her visiting him in the hospital
Actually, during Hisao's hospital stay, he does mention Iwanako being pretty much the only person who would regularly visit him besides his parents. All of his other schoolmates stopped within the first few weeks. Iwanako kept going, but as time dragged on, her visits became less frequent, and eventually she stopped coming altogether.
6 weeks, actually. That's how long she kept showing up :P
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

I'd have no problem with Iwanako showing up later in the game in one (or more) of the paths. Running into her could be a source of drama, where Hisao has to choose between her and the heroine of the path. I mean, if he seriously thought he had a chance to get back together with this girl, or that she hints she'd accept his condition now that he's not stuck in a hospital, that could be a very hard call to make.

Even if he has moved on, if Hanako saw Iwanako acting up with Hisao, she could very easily take it the wrong way.
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

While it's possible that Iwanako could show up later, the fact that her face is never clearly seen suggests to me that she will not.
RedSavant

Post by RedSavant »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:While it's possible that Iwanako could show up later, the fact that her face is never clearly seen suggests to me that she will not.
This. I got the feeling that the only reason she was even given a name was because Hisao had a crush on her as well (I think), and it'd be odd not to mention her name under those circumstances.

Also, it's been said, but Hisao has two options regarding his arrythmia: live with it, or die. He won't be healing up.