Hisao's heart condition

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Re: Hisao's heart condition

Post by Shades of gray »

feh, I have impressive strength (especially impressive since I'm thin, and look weak) and after you reach a certain point, it becomes impossible to "tone down" the strength used. learning to control the output of strength you use is difficult, so i can understand Wenchies problems.

lemme put it this way, my punches will put someone "larger" then me down quickly, a single kick from me can kill (according to the gym trainers i've had) if I aim at the head or chest.

I blame my Scottish heritage.
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
3-----------------20

Post by 3-----------------20 »

Shades of gray wrote:feh, I have impressive strength (especially impressive since I'm thin, and look weak) and after you reach a certain point, it becomes impossible to "tone down" the strength used. learning to control the output of strength you use is difficult, so i can understand Wenchies problems.

lemme put it this way, my punches will put someone "larger" then me down quickly, a single kick from me can kill (according to the gym trainers i've had) if I aim at the head or chest.

I blame my Scottish heritage.
Do you happen to be hypoglycemic?
"...rest assured that Katawa Shoujo will be released in 2011."
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Please don't wander too much into the wilderness of derail, people.

It's a deadly country.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

I guess WW's tales of boyfriend abuse aren't on topic unless said boyfriend also, like Hisao, has a heart condition. And if he doesn't have a heart problem after all he's been through then he is one lucky son of a bitch. :wink:

More on topic, though, I'm curious as to how the artists will draw Hisao's chest scar. Any images you guys using as references, Silentcook?
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

It's just a standard open heart surgery scar, a single vertical slash down his chest. Here's robin williams' nipples.

<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Looks like something popped out of his chest and the doctor on the Nostromo figured "no problem lol"
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Goldilurks wrote:I guess WW's tales of boyfriend abuse aren't on topic unless said boyfriend also, like Hisao, has a heart condition. And if he doesn't have a heart problem after all he's been through then he is one lucky son of a bitch. :wink:

More on topic, though, I'm curious as to how the artists will draw Hisao's chest scar. Any images you guys using as references, Silentcook?
The specific image we're using is http://www.gamesanityblog.com/images/gdsurge3.jpg

It's a standard scar from bypass surgery, with a line down the middle of the chest which doctors use to access the inside when keyhole surgery isn't used.

Post by Guest »

So this is where Iwanako ripped Hisao's heart out of his chest.
Hanako's gonna like that.
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

Suriko wrote:
Goldilurks wrote:I guess WW's tales of boyfriend abuse aren't on topic unless said boyfriend also, like Hisao, has a heart condition. And if he doesn't have a heart problem after all he's been through then he is one lucky son of a bitch. :wink:

The specific image we're using is http://www.gamesanityblog.com/images/gdsurge3.jpg

It's a standard scar from bypass surgery, with a line down the middle of the chest which doctors use to access the inside when keyhole surgery isn't used.
÷\

In all seriousness, what in particular is the lower scar for? I can imagine slicing open the chest to get at the bits, but that tiny little thing?
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

ContinualNaba wrote:
Suriko wrote: The specific image we're using is http://www.gamesanityblog.com/images/gdsurge3.jpg

÷\

In all seriousness, what in particular is the lower scar for? I can imagine slicing open the chest to get at the bits, but that tiny little thing?
The picture depicts bypass surgery and as such I venture to guess that no suitable bypass grafts were found in the thorax or, at least, in insufficient numbers and consequently the surgeons had to 'look elsewhere' to acquire them.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

ContinualNaba wrote:In all seriousness, what in particular is the lower scar for? I can imagine slicing open the chest to get at the bits, but that tiny little thing?
That could have been caused by many things. My experience with chest-cracking is limited and more than 10 years old, but if I had to, I'd bet on residue from intraoperatorily-placed chest drainage tubes or a PEG. I am not being dramatic: you don't "slice" chests open for this kind of thing, you crack them.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

Ah, I always had wondered how surgeons got at the heart and lungs with all them bones and other hard, tricky-to-saw things. Always assumed they exposed the meaty bits and bludgeoned them into function.
Edit: No, wait, I don't know nearly enough about Long QT sundrome and ventrical fibriliation to ask questions like that. Don't think a transplant would help.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Silentcook wrote:
ContinualNaba wrote:In all seriousness, what in particular is the lower scar for? I can imagine slicing open the chest to get at the bits, but that tiny little thing?
That could have been caused by many things. My experience with chest-cracking is limited and more than 10 years old, but if I had to, I'd bet on residue from intraoperatorily-placed chest drainage tubes or a PEG. I am not being dramatic: you don't "slice" chests open for this kind of thing, you crack them.
The one video I saw of bypass surgery involved what looked and sounded like a rotary saw going BZZZZZT right through the sternum. Was pretty exhilarating, given how quickly it went through the bone. Afterwards they just stapled the bone back together, if I'm not mistaken.
静音是买外夫
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

Staples sounds about right. You'd be amazed the ways you can put the human body back together. Staples, glue, string even duck tape will do it and you can actually expect them to recover assuming it doesn't kill them by some other means.
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

don't forget spray on second skin stuff. had it used on my largest scar just after surgery , stung like a bitch when it was put on, itched like hell for 2 days.

but god, it speeds up the healing process by a huge amount.
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.