Are You Ready For Release?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Re: Are You Ready For Release?

Post by Shades of gray »

you know the old saying... the more the merrier
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
Darlat

Post by Darlat »

Shades of gray wrote:you know the old saying... the more the merrier
Except when it's a deadly disease.
I'm a rabbit.

I'm fluffy and i get violated by humans a lot : (.
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

Darlat wrote:

Or killer Robot Pirate Zombies :twisted:
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

scott1and wrote:
Darlat wrote:

The Robot Pirate Zombies are on our side though...
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

scott1and wrote:
Darlat wrote:

I counter with my army of Japanese Ninja Robots. (Marty: What you talking about Doc? all the best Stuff comes from Japan. Doc: Unbelievable)
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

I'm ready. I'm pretty much brand new to KS (only found out about it and played Act 1 within the last week), so the fact that the Devs said they're setting the release date as before the end of the year, I'm just assuming it'll be around the Holidays, so I don't have that impatient anticipation thing going on like so many of you long-time fans. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Anyway, I'm curious about one thing, though: I know the Dev team said that the beta will be closed for the full version, but I wonder if they'll announce that the beta is starting anyway just so we'll be able to be ready for the release. I'm voicing this curiosity since I plan to play through the Act 1 release a few more times throughout the intervening months, but I kind of want to avoid playing it at all once the beta starts so I'll be entirely refreshed on it when the complete version drops. I'd hate to have the full thing but be slogging impatiently through Act 1 on skip mode just to get to the new content, y'know. I'd rather be able to enjoy the whole thing for what it is again.

So, yeah, Devs, if you don't mind answering, do you plan to give some kind of prior warning about it like that?
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
Shades of gray

Post by Shades of gray »

?!?!?! where did you read of a Beta? last I checked it seemed they planned to release the final product... no betas...
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

Shades of gray wrote:?!?!?! where did you read of a Beta? last I checked it seemed they planned to release the final product... no betas...
I think it was mentioned in the thread accompanying the completion of the direction of the Hanako Path.

:D EDIT: There it is!
Suriko wrote:
Red_Machine wrote:Is the beta going to be open? I'd be more than happy to test for you guys.
We're not commenting regarding the beta right now. All I'll say is that we probably won't be asking for applications.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

Yeah, Deimos found what I was referring to.

All I'm curious about is whether they'll make an announcement that the beta testing has begun or if they'll just leave us in suspense until the full release. I'm hoping it's the former so that I can avoid my copy of Act 1 until then so that I can enjoy it again and not just impatiently use skip mode to get to Act 2.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
techk8

Post by techk8 »

For once, I get to be the first person to post this picture.
The funny thing is, I just got my 3DS and this picture oddly fits.
techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
Shades of gray

Post by Shades of gray »

alright... who allowed reggie to have a "Rapeface" and let it get out... for shame nintendo... for shame <My standard reply to that picture
DMGnome

Post by DMGnome »

The devs have been posting when each path gets its directing finished, so that's a pretty good indicator of how close they are to release.
Fans destroy things by loving them too much. This is one of the fundamental laws of the universe.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Totz the Plaid wrote:I'm hoping it's the former so that I can avoid my copy of Act 1 until then so that I can enjoy it again and not just impatiently use skip mode to get to Act 2.
Anonymouys22 wrote:Optimistically Summer 2011
Realistically Fall/Winter 2011
Playtesting alone will probably take over a month.
Don't get your hopes up too early.
Here's a rough idea for release. Don't rely on it though.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Shujoxa

Post by Shujoxa »

If we're taking bets, I'll throw mine in for mid-Fall, maybe Oct. It seems like a long wait, but for me 2011's flown the hell by so far, so maybe it'll continue to do so.
It would be beautiful if KS was released for download on October 7. Greatest. B-day gift. Ever. (This is not meant to be taken as telling the devs to hurry up, so please don't take it as such, it's just a dream of sorts.)
Teclo

Post by Teclo »

Wow, I just realised that I signed up to this forum almost 2 years ago. Even if it came out tomorrow, I'd say this is the longest I've ever (more or less) actively waited for a game to come out. I mean, there are general things like how in the early 2000s I was really looking forward to a possible Street Fighter IV, but never with an actually announced game. If you asked a girl out and she said "OK, but in 3 years time" you'd just move on - but not if she's in a VN, it seems.

Rin > Akira > Shizune > Lilly = Emi > Hanako