Are You Ready For Release?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

G3n0c1de

Re: Are You Ready For Release?

Post by G3n0c1de »

Shades of gray wrote:My question to everyone is simple : Which "path" will you play first upon release? and why?
Shizune, hands down. She's my favorite character.

But I'll probably hit a bad end first. I got Kenji my first time around.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Shockproof Jamo

Post by Shockproof Jamo »

Shades of gray wrote:My question to everyone is simple : Which "path" will you play first upon release? and why?
Hanako. When I played the demo, I got her first, and I really wish to see how well the devs have understood the complex psychology behind her scared and bewildered behaviour. From there, I'll probably move on to Rin, because I'm expecting her to be the comedy character with the biggest amount of funny in any of the paths. Beyond that, it'll be anybody's game.
DaMan65

Post by DaMan65 »

I'll probably play Rin's route or Hanako's first. Most likely Rin
By reading this you have given me temporary control of you mind
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Easy for me. Rin, Lilly, Hanako, Emi, Shizune, in that order. Saving my favorites for last.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

I personally have decided to read the Emi path first, mainly due to the fact that was the first path I got in the demo (i got Kenji second :/ )
got the exact same thing, man, that's funny. :mrgreen: also funny is that I thought I was going for Hanako on both of them.

but I'll probably do the Lilly path first, 'cause she's the one I'm least actually attracted to, and 'cause we only get to see her actually having a sense of humor right at the very end of her path. so it's like griffon8 said, saving the ones I like better for later. after Lilly, probably either Shizune or Emi, Rin, then Hanako.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

G3n0c1de wrote:
Shizune, hands down. She's my favorite character.

But I'll probably hit a bad end first. I got Kenji my first time around.
Are you, me?
"...!"
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

Probably Hanako and then Rin are the first two, as their my favourite :mrgreen:
A1phaDrag0n

Post by A1phaDrag0n »

I can't decide between Hanako and Rin... it's pretty hard to decide
Hanako=Rin>Lilly>Misha=Emi>Shizune

"They probably think you're a furry, your signature screams it. If they don't they definitely think your a newfag..."

"... lurk moar?"

"Probably your best bet at this point..."
Shujoxa

Post by Shujoxa »

I personally have decided to read the Emi path first, mainly due to the fact that was the first path I got in the demo (i got Kenji second :/ )
I had the same luck, Emi then Kenji.

I'll also play Emi first, mainly because she's just annoying imo, I want to get her out of the way quickly. Then propbably Lilly, Hanako, Rin, and finally Shizune, though I've been juggling Rin and Hanako back and forth for a while now.
It would be beautiful if KS was released for download on October 7. Greatest. B-day gift. Ever. (This is not meant to be taken as telling the devs to hurry up, so please don't take it as such, it's just a dream of sorts.)
Nightlinks

Post by Nightlinks »

I'll probably go from my least favorite to my most favorite in that order. And then the Kenji ending for the laughs.
As of now.
Lilly > Hanako = Shizune > Rin > Emi > Misha
Rocket Royal

Post by Rocket Royal »

I wanted Shizune first time through, thought Lilly was right and got stuck with Emi cause I thought not exercising was stupid. Second I get Kenji's end. I'm going to simply replay as I did before, which would get me a Rin or Emi route.
Roy-Kr

Post by Roy-Kr »

Route: Rin
Reason: Love

Seriously though. We've all just read through Act 1, which is just an introduction. None of us know anything and it's not unlikely we'll be surprised and have our priorities swapped around several times throughout the full version.
Hamachi ID: Melty Blood EU
Password: sugoisugoi
DaMan65

Post by DaMan65 »

by Roy-Kr on Fri May 06, 2011 4:49 pm
Route: Rin
Reason: Love

Seriously though. We've all just read through Act 1, which is just an introduction. None of us know anything and it's not unlikely we'll be surprised and have our priorities swapped around several times throughout the full version.
This is a valid point I was gonna say something like this till I saw your post, oh well :roll:
By reading this you have given me temporary control of you mind
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

I got the kenji path when I tried to get the Lilly Path. :?
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi
Wreckusu

Post by Wreckusu »

Rin first for sure.
Then I'm torn between Lilly and Hanako.
Then Emi and finally finish with Shizune.

I think the only ones set in stone are Rin in first place and Shizune in last. A bit different from the order I went for in Act 1, I actually was more interested in Emi going into it. Rin stole the show when she was introduced though so after that and after playing her Act 1 path she's definitely my favourite. Lilly and Hanako pushed themselves up into joint second (I think currently Hanako has the edge), Emi dropped down to fourth and Shizune remains at the bottom.

I don't know why, she just doesn't do much for me. I actually find her and Misha a little grating.

Either way exciting times ahead, I have a good feeling KS will be released this month. And if not this month then the next.