Are You Ready For Release?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

G3n0c1de

Re: Are You Ready For Release?

Post by G3n0c1de »

Mercutio wrote:...dude. with all due respect, if you think you won't enjoy canon because of fanon, that's your own damn fault. :mrgreen: yeah, I like a lot of the stuff that people come up with, especially on the Shimmie, but acting all sad 'cause that's not actually part of the game? c'mon, man, that's just lame.

dunno about anyone else, but when the game comes out, I'm going to enjoy it for what it is, not whine because it's not what I want it to be. give that a shot and see if it works for you. :?
This, and think about how much fanon was inspired by act 1. Now just imagine how much more fanon can be created after the full game is released. Yes, I think we'll be just fine.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

and thats the truth right there....

I just hope the forums/site can handle the influx thats bound to happen when the game hits.

now a Q for all, Torrent or normal Download? I'm going torrent when it comes out
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
GMKGoat

Post by GMKGoat »

Can't see a reason not to torrent it.
MrKnives

Post by MrKnives »

I don't care about that feeling, we're still going to be discussing many things after the full game comes out.
Be my lifeline... for this lifetime.
Suffer in pleasure... for ever and ever...
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Download. Torrent always makes me think of unprotected sex with a few hundred people all at once.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

G3n0c1de wrote:This, and think about how much fanon was inspired by act 1. Now just imagine how much more fanon can be created after the full game is released. Yes, I think we'll be just fine.
yeah, no kidding. but when KS comes out, it's done, so it's not like there's going to be more canon created. I dunno if the devs are going to make a sequel (probably not, from some stuff they've said here), but that's the only way we'd get more canon. I guess I don't have a problem with fanon once canon is finished, it was the complaining about fanon not being canon for a canon that we don't even have all of yet that got me. :mrgreen:

and even through griffon8 had a great metaphor about torrenting, I still think I'm going to torrent the thing when it comes out. I mean, the demo was over 100 megs, so the whole game will probably be somewhere between half a gig and a gig. that's a hell of a lot for a server download, yeah? torrenting seems like the best idea.

and it's not like I'm going to need my connection much when I'm playing KS. :lol:
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Mercutio wrote:yeah, no kidding. but when KS comes out, it's done, so it's not like there's going to be more canon created. I dunno if the devs are going to make a sequel (probably not, from some stuff they've said here), but that's the only way we'd get more canon.
Yeah, I can't see the devs putting themselves through hell again to crank out a sequel. Especially when they're not being paid to do so. But perhaps the writers and artists have cool little ideas that didn't make it into the game, and they'll release them on here or the shimmie as word of god after release, if they want to. They could be little side stories, or epilogues.

Oh, and I'll torrent. My internet connection isn't that stable, so I'd hate to direct download most of the game, and see it just go away when my connection cuts out.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Shockproof Jamo

Post by Shockproof Jamo »

Shades of gray wrote:now a Q for all, Torrent or normal Download? I'm going torrent when it comes out
Torrent, just because I'm predicting heavy network traffic on the DDL server on release day.
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

I will personally drive by the Four Leaf Studios headquarters and get my very own copy of the game.
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
Shujoxa

Post by Shujoxa »

I'm ready for the release.

...I'm not, however, ready for the "well, fuck, now what" feeling after 100%'ing the game.

...that was a great metaphor, btw, regarding torrents...
It would be beautiful if KS was released for download on October 7. Greatest. B-day gift. Ever. (This is not meant to be taken as telling the devs to hurry up, so please don't take it as such, it's just a dream of sorts.)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I wonder...
What is the advantage of torrenting, when there is a perfectly good download link available?
Downloading is faster, less complicated and not dependent on other people seeding.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Shujoxa wrote:...that was a great metaphor, btw, regarding torrents...
Thank you!

I guess it does make my decision easier having a reliable high-speed connection.

I just saw a comic making a comment about downloading a movie through torrent.

"[It's] been stuck at 92% for the last three days."
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Griffon8's Writing
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Torrent all the way, implications of "groupsex" notwithstanding >_>

Srsly, why'd you have to go and pop that image into my brain at 10:30 AM? >_<"
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

... Torrent, and never remove. :mrgreen:
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Leotrak wrote:Torrent all the way, implications of "groupsex" notwithstanding >_>

Srsly, why'd you have to go and pop that image into my brain at 10:30 AM? >_<"
'Cause that's when you read it… ^_^

Griffon8's Writing