Are You Ready For Release?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

vaelant

Re: Are You Ready For Release?

Post by vaelant »

Silentcook wrote:
vaelant wrote:I'm sure that they'l eventually start something new, due to the boredom
I'm sorry, is "boredom" some kind of slang for "addiction to mental pain, suffering, and headdesking" that I'm not aware of? :roll:
yeah, let's go with that, it's a lot better than the dictionary definition of boredom, "the state of feeling bored", which doesn't really help if you don't know what it means
Hanako > Shizune > Lily > Rin > Ami
ReinerSkye

Post by ReinerSkye »

If I had to guess the amount of soul crushing bullcrap that goes into making something like this probably heavily outways the fun parts so I'd say the devs probably won't make something else solely out of boredom. (not to say they wont do anything just that boredom isn't going to be a large factor.)

Although the real reason I posted here is i noticed in vaelant's sig Emi is so far down the list of his favorites he couldn't be bothered to spell her name right and since Emi is also my least favorite I found this quite amusing.
Hanako = Rin > Lily > Shizune > Kenji > Emi > Misha
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

Silentcook wrote:
vaelant wrote:I'm sure that they'l eventually start something new, due to the boredom
I'm sorry, is "boredom" some kind of slang for "addiction to mental pain, suffering, and headdesking" that I'm not aware of? :roll:
I thought everyone enjoys mental and physical pain and suffering
Anon

Post by Anon »

Having recently finished the classics (F/S Night, Ever17) I'm super duper excited for this to come out. I feel hooked on VN as my entertainment medium and can't wait to get that excited feeling when I find out it's out.

If the Dev's ever release a date, I'll be counting down with insane enthusiasm.
But for some reason I expect the Devs to just someday say, after a month of silence, "It's done!" and put it up
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

Anon wrote: If the Dev's ever release a date, I'll be counting down with insane enthusiasm.
But for some reason I expect the Devs to just someday say, after a month of silence, "It's done!" and put it up

This.

my patience has rapidly dwindled down now, I look like a junkie waiting for his next hit... (rocking back and forth, muttering to self, twitchy, etc etc

my concentration is shot to hell too, i been popping in HOURLY just to see if there is even a hint to when KS is coming...

and I think i've read about 30-40% of tvtropes... yeah, im bored and (im)patiently waiting
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
DaMan65

Post by DaMan65 »

Shades of gray wrote:
Anon wrote: If the Dev's ever release a date, I'll be counting down with insane enthusiasm.

This.

my patience has rapidly dwindled down now, I look like a junkie waiting for his next hit... (rocking back and forth, muttering to self, twitchy, etc etc

my concentration is shot to hell too, i been popping in HOURLY just to see if there is even a hint to when KS is coming...

and I think i've read about 30-40% of tvtropes... yeah, im bored and (im)patiently waiting
yeah..... me too
By reading this you have given me temporary control of you mind
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Then perhaps it would be best if the devs just released the game as a surprise. I'd hate to see the forums in chaos in the days leading up to an announced release date...
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Red_Machine

Post by Red_Machine »

Friday's my birthday. Maybe the devs will say "Actually, we lied. We had everything pretty much done in April!"
Hanako>Misha>Emi>Lilly>Shizune>Rin
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

Red_Machine wrote:Friday's my birthday. Maybe the devs will say "Actually, we lied. We had everything pretty much done in April!"
HAHA! Not likely. Although that would be epic :D
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe..."
-Albert Einstein

Friends are temporary, love is eternal.
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

I have solved my boredom with an old blackhole of mine

Harvest Moon. yeeeeah now watch as time passes for me
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

G3n0c1de wrote:Then perhaps it would be best if the devs just released the game as a surprise. I'd hate to see the forums in chaos in the days leading up to an announced release date...
you kidding, man? if I was one of the devs, I'd give out the release date as far ahead as I could. just to see people completely lose their shit as it got closer. :lol:

so yeah, we should all be really glad I'm not one of the devs. :mrgreen:

also: it is now August. KS is now less than five months away. awesome.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

I could see a late December release happening, for a number of reasons:

1: Even if it's already done, it gives as much time as possible for refinements and tweaks while still keeping in a 2011 deadline.

2: The devs could call it a Christmas present, because, you know, they love us. :lol:

3: Much of the target audience(college age folks) would be on winter break from school, and so would be more likely to actually notice a release and actually have a chance to play through a good chunk of the story.
Anon

Post by Anon »

kosherbacon wrote:I could see a late December release happening, for a number of reasons:

1: Even if it's already done, it gives as much time as possible for refinements and tweaks while still keeping in a 2011 deadline.

2: The devs could call it a Christmas present, because, you know, they love us. :lol:

3: Much of the target audience(college age folks) would be on winter break from school, and so would be more likely to actually notice a release and actually have a chance to play through a good chunk of the story.
I also think if there's anything to expect it's a late December release. I admit that yes, in December I'd be able to bunker down for a few nights and play the hell out of it, but I can't lie... I want KS as soon as possible. I'm definitely going to be a pretty busy student this year, but if I think about it it means I'll be able to play Ks over a longer period of time. :D
Or, more likely, skip some classes, stay up way too late, and shirk my responsibilities while playing nonstop.
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

Anon wrote:Or, more likely, skip some classes, stay up way too late, and shirk my responsibilities while playing nonstop.
Fuck responsibility, fuck cripples
contown

Post by contown »

I really hope it comes out in december, during my winter break. I really wouldn't be able to play it at college with my two roommates. :? And if it comes out before then, I'll probably have something spoiled for me during my wait to play the game.