Imminent Embarkation

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

blackrising

Re: Imminent Embarkation

Post by blackrising »

ElisaMasah wrote:
cpl_crud wrote:So, a question that's been bugging me for a while:
What are you going to do if your girl doesn't turn out the way you want her? For example, what if you've been imaginging Hanako as some timid wallflower, but it turns out that she's actively involved in Greenpeace's "terrorist" activity?

Will there be rage? Tears? Should I Buy A Dog?
I'm more of a Cat Person.
But you know if Hanako is a GreenPeace "Terrorist" I'll like her even more ... actually she would be third favorite character "Let's save some tigers sista!".

But after all I'm a Lilly is Evil Cult Follower so anything will surprise me ... except maybe a Utterly Serius and Logical Rin ... this will be too much.
There is a Lilly is Evil Cult? What is this travesty, and where can I join? >:D

Anyway.
If one of my favourites turns out to be totally different from what I imagined her (in the bad way), I'll spend the next day (ALL day) bitching and whining and crying about it (I bet my friends and family will be ready to murder me by late morning). Then, after I've run out of steam, I will hide in my bed and sleep, trying to forget. This step may or may not involve ungodly amounts of alcohol. After I can't stay in bed anymore, I will do nothing but play X-Box all day, basking in the comforting presence of my other Waifus. And after that, I have hopefully learnt to deal with it.

Well, either that, or I simply choose a new favourite girl. That's the god thing about not being able to choose a favourite in the first placa. They're all kind of awesome in their own way.
I'd totally buy a cat if I had that option, though. There's nothing better than a warm, furry presence in your lap when you're feeling bad. :)
Misha worshipper to the core. WAHAHAHA~

Misha>Rin=Hanako=Lilly>>Shizune>Emi

Since I was no bigger than a weavil they've been saying I was evil
That if "bad" was a boot that I'd fit it
That I'm a wicked young lady, but I've been trying hard lately
O fuck it! I'm a monster! I admit it!
3-----------------20

Post by 3-----------------20 »

What are you going to do if your girl doesn't turn out the way you want her? For example, what if you've been imaginging Hanako as some timid wallflower, but it turns out that she's actively involved in Greenpeace's "terrorist" activity?

Well, so long as she still undergoes character growth a few iniquities are inconsequential. Now if it was something profoundly annoying, and seemingly out of character I would likely seek violent catharsis. I have a punching bag specifically for this purpose. Although if she turned out to have violent tendencies I would very likely enjoy that. Due to my interests in such things of course.

I, like others have said, prefer felines. Though this is because they are more elegant killing machines, also they are less noisy.
"...rest assured that Katawa Shoujo will be released in 2011."
whathaveicreated

Post by whathaveicreated »

I think you should buy a dog regardless.
ElisaMasah

Post by ElisaMasah »

Actually ... after some thinking ... I suspect I'll be more disappointed, you know the bad cofee taste disappointed (and just that ... after all is just a game and I've played enough VN to knows that the Devs always screw something ... since the pratical rape of Seya in Season of Sakura) if some of them keep being just what they look ... there is enough subtext in the dialogue that show that some of the girls does wear a mask or have some hidden discordant personality.
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

If there are no threesomes I will be mildly but not terribly disappointed. Other than that, I don't have too much in the way of expectations.
Wrench Wench wrote:
DemonOfRandgris wrote:We will never let you live it down. Ever.
Bah you and the local hospital staff. Every time I carry him in it's "oh for fucks sake you've broken him again?!"
To be fair it's the sort of thing that sticks in memory. Although if you're carrying him into the hospital on a regular basis I'd find that worrying for a different reason. Did you test that boy for osteo yet or does he not have enough milk in his diet?
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

Goldilurks wrote:If there are no threesomes I will be mildly but not terribly disappointed. Other than that, I don't have too much in the way of expectations.
Misha and Shizune is probably a given.
But Lily and Hanako? Doubtful although Emi and Rin would be interesting, "Between us we make one woman!"
Goldilurks wrote:To be fair it's the sort of thing that sticks in memory. Although if you're carrying him into the hospital on a regular basis I'd find that worrying for a different reason. Did you test that boy for osteo yet or does he not have enough milk in his diet?
It's not like I break his bones constantly. It's just that sometimes something tears or breaks or pops out of its socket. Doesn't happen often though, just too often. I can't help being monstrously strong dammit!
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

Wrench Wench wrote:Misha and Shizune is probably a given.
But Lily and Hanako? Doubtful although Emi and Rin would be interesting, "Between us we make one woman!"
I'm holding out for Yuuko/Hanako. Time for some fun in the library...
Wrench Wench wrote:It's not like I break his bones constantly. It's just that sometimes something tears or breaks or pops out of its socket. Doesn't happen often though, just too often. I can't help being monstrously strong dammit!
:shock: I'm going to pretend you wrote "He gets into accidents for reasons entirely unrelated to my physical strength" and then never bring up the topic again.
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

Misha and Shizune is probably a given.
That really depends on how you define a "woman". Because a combination of four limbs is not necessarily it. Still bound to be interesting, though. And freaky.
Lilly and Hanako... Unlikely, although Hanako strikes me as one of those girls who'd jump off the roof if Lilly told her to... So it all depends on how much of a pervert Lilly secretly is beneath the whole "nice lady" guise.
It's not like I break his bones constantly. It's just that sometimes something tears or breaks or pops out of its socket. Doesn't happen often though, just too often. I can't help being monstrously strong dammit!
Have you ever thought of making a movie of your life? Some kind of wacky romantic comedy? Because I'd watch it (and then I'd say that the whole situation is completely unrealistic).
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
blackrising

Post by blackrising »

Seriously, I think a threesome is pretty unlikely.
Hisao can barely keep up with ONE girl (remember his little heart problem?). I'm afraid to find out what happens when he's got two girls to deal with.

However, IF there was a threesome, it'd be Misha/Shizune. Then again, I'd be entirely satisfied with a Hisao/Misha scene. I'm not into threesomes anyway. I mean, the devs can't be so mean and not include at least ONE itty bitty Misha scene, right? RIGHT? D:
Misha worshipper to the core. WAHAHAHA~

Misha>Rin=Hanako=Lilly>>Shizune>Emi

Since I was no bigger than a weavil they've been saying I was evil
That if "bad" was a boot that I'd fit it
That I'm a wicked young lady, but I've been trying hard lately
O fuck it! I'm a monster! I admit it!
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

Minister of Gloom wrote:That really depends on how you define a "woman". Because a combination of four limbs is not necessarily it. Still bound to be interesting, though. And freaky.
Lilly and Hanako... Unlikely, although Hanako strikes me as one of those girls who'd jump off the roof if Lilly told her to... So it all depends on how much of a pervert Lilly secretly is beneath the whole "nice lady" guise.
It was a joke. You know a reference to their "between us we've got enough limbs for one person" thing.
As for Hanako and Lily. I can see Lily insisting that Hisao crap on Hanako as part of some bizarre BDSM play.
Minister of Gloom wrote:Have you ever thought of making a movie of your life? Some kind of wacky romantic comedy? Because I'd watch it (and then I'd say that the whole situation is completely unrealistic).
I have no desire to make a movie about my life. Because it would be mostly boring up until the point he gets involved.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Wrench Wench wrote:As for Hanako and Lily. I can see Lily insisting that Hisao crap on Hanako as part of some bizarre BDSM play.
I will be VERY disappointed if something like that happens in the game :evil:
Other than that... Well if the rest of Emi's path is like "Is carnival" all the time, Emi will definitely climb down my ladder of popularity a few steps - as will Hisao. I'm pretty optimistic that won't happen though.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
ElisaMasah

Post by ElisaMasah »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Wrench Wench wrote:As for Hanako and Lily. I can see Lily insisting that Hisao crap on Hanako as part of some bizarre BDSM play.
I'm stil scared that this whole anfibious organic matter thing keep coming ... is one of the few thing that will make me play the game disabling the H-Scene.
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

ElisaMasah wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:
I'm stil scared that this whole anfibious organic matter thing keep coming ... is one of the few thing that will make me play the game disabling the H-Scene.
I feel very relaxed that the devs don't plan on going into BDSM in any regards of the term. They prefer to focus on the story and less on the immense sexual fetishes of the world. Grant it, i see dress-up and things like that or maybe what i've mentioned before about Rin letting Hisao paint on her body or something like that but i highly doubt any BDSM like that which is in "Cat Girl Alliance" or something like that.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Cylog

Post by Cylog »

neumanproductions wrote: I feel very relaxed that the devs don't plan on going into BDSM in any regards of the term. They prefer to focus on the story and less on the immense sexual fetishes of the world. Grant it, i see dress-up and things like that or maybe what i've mentioned before about Rin letting Hisao paint on her body or something like that but i highly doubt any BDSM like that which is in "Cat Girl Alliance" or something like that.
It would be indeed be awful if devs would bring BDSM in but I appreciate the idea of other, creative fetishes... like Rin letting Hisao paint on her body.
:recursion
In order to understand Recursion, one must understand recursion.
goto recursion
===============
"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange."
3-----------------20

Post by 3-----------------20 »

It seems like a rather poor idea to bring any fetishes into play. Simply do to all the ways that said situations could go wrong, particularly if all the girls run the gamut in a fetishistic sense. This would also undermine the one of the narrative elements, that disabled people are no different from those more fortunate. It would be peculiar for a relationship in which the span is a mere three months to include overt fetishism, as most people would be hesitant to provoke trepidation in their partners, especially if this is their first relationship. This is not to say I wish for there to be no fetishes brought into play either. It is fairly obvious that a large amount of people on the planet have some kink or other. It would simply be strange for this behavior to be exhibited across the board however. Though in keeping with the notion of the character's basic normalcy, it should be expected that at least one of the characters would be inclined to be openly fetishistic. Likely Rin do to her candor, though that would be too expected. I would prefer Hanako stand up for herself as a form of character growth, followed by liking the feel of empowerment and this leads her to take . . . initiative. Though my interests being satiated is of little import if it ruins the story proper, it would feel hollow and lessen the satisfaction, and that would be undesirable.
"...rest assured that Katawa Shoujo will be released in 2011."