Imminent Embarkation

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Re: Imminent Embarkation

Post by Shades of gray »

I'm going down Kenji/Roof fall path to see if hisao survives... although i wonder if all paths will have a "death" path in them.... hmmm yep, mesa thinks so
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

Yandere Hanako
Emi exercising you to death.
Shizune taking a competition too far.
Lily accidentally pushing you in front of a bus.
Rin making you OD on drugs.

Oh yes plenty of ways to die.
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

Wrench Wench wrote:Yandere Hanako
Emi exercising you to death.
Shizune taking a competition too far.
Lily accidentally pushing you in front of a bus.
Rin making you OD on drugs.

Oh yes plenty of ways to die.
Says the woman who, if I remember correctly, cracked her boyfriend's ribs once during sex.
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
vaelant

Post by vaelant »

Shizune, you're being a perfectionist
Hanako > Shizune > Lily > Rin > Ami
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

actually, I'm in a toss up on playing Kenji or Rins path first...

i shall decide with my "lucky" coin (its a £2 coin with "for auld lang syne" on the back)

but then what about suizune... or hanako... or lilly... or emi? arrrggghhhhhhh

I shall coin toss at EVERY decision in the game, where it takes me shall be my first path
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

Minister of Gloom wrote:Says the woman who, if I remember correctly, cracked her boyfriend's ribs once during sex.
That only happened once and I've not done anything that bad since.
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Man it's a shame Deimos isn't as active anymore. You loquacious types would love each other.
静音是买外夫
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

I'll be going in reverse order of my sig. I will patiently wait to achieve a romance with Shizune. Before that Emi will get me in shape for a marathon session. But to start, Rin will confuse and delight me.

It's not that I don't like Rin; I just like all the others more.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

So, a question that's been bugging me for a while:
What are you going to do if your girl doesn't turn out the way you want her? For example, what if you've been imaginging Hanako as some timid wallflower, but it turns out that she's actively involved in Greenpeace's "terrorist" activity?

Will there be rage? Tears? Should I Buy A Dog?
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
DemonOfRandgris

Post by DemonOfRandgris »

Wrench Wench wrote:
Minister of Gloom wrote:Says the woman who, if I remember correctly, cracked her boyfriend's ribs once during sex.
That only happened once and I've not done anything that bad since.

We will never let you live it down. Ever.

cpl_crud wrote:So, a question that's been bugging me for a while:
What are you going to do if your girl doesn't turn out the way you want her? For example, what if you've been imaginging Hanako as some timid wallflower, but it turns out that she's actively involved in Greenpeace's "terrorist" activity?

I don't really see people flipping out that far over character development. Aside from 2ch and Japanese in general. Seriously. People have snapped their DVDs, burnt their posters, actively attacking mangaka/animation studios because of how they "ruined their waifu."
G3n0c1de wrote:Harvey Dent is not moe.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

I wonder how much of that is due to the length of connection to the characters though.

The Japanese have the luxury of enjoying things as they were intended, and in a timely manner. Even with a licenced series with accurate translation (let's not talk about fansubs...) you still get everything in one hit. You don't build up that connection to a character for years as you read the manga, just to have someone screw it up when it gets animated.

This time we are on that side of the fence....

Or maybe I need to stop looking into this so much...
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
DemonOfRandgris

Post by DemonOfRandgris »

I do see your point.I wouldn't worry about it though. It's impossible to please everyone. I highly doubt people are going to be angry with how any of the characters develop, but even if they are, there's always going to be people who enjoyed playing through that character's path.
G3n0c1de wrote:Harvey Dent is not moe.
Napalm

Post by Napalm »

I will adopt a fetal possition in a corner and cry for a week. After that I would probably get over it. And by that, I mean, pretend I never played the VN.

Nah, in all seriousness, considering they have pretty well stablished personalities by Act 1, I don't think they can possibly screw up so badly. But, on the worst case scenario where I totally hate what the character has turned into, I would probably move on to my second favourite, and so on.
Nyo ho ho~
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

DemonOfRandgris wrote:We will never let you live it down. Ever.
Bah you and the local hospital staff. Every time I carry him in it's "oh for fucks sake you've broken him again?!"

As for the question about if their personalities are different from what we expected. I doubt they'll change that much. We all know Hanako is into scat after all.
ElisaMasah

Post by ElisaMasah »

I'm more of a Cat Person.
But you know if Hanako is a GreenPeace "Terrorist" I'll like her even more ... actually she would be third favorite character "Let's save some tigers sista!".

But after all I'm a Lilly is Evil Cult Follower so anything will surprise me ... except maybe a Utterly Serius and Logical Rin ... this will be too much.
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!