The game will come out when it comes out, in 2011

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Burial_By_Fire

The game will come out when it comes out, in 2011

Post by Burial_By_Fire »

I withdraw my statement and replace it with this one.
Last edited by Burial_By_Fire on Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:09 am, edited 5 times in total.
Caesius

Re: TBA?

Post by Caesius »

For them to pin down a "date" is stupid unless they're like 24 hours from release.

Last I heard they were aiming for 2011.
Rhaegar

Post by Rhaegar »

setting a target date is useful.

telling us about it is probably less so.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

Last I heard it was "hoping" that it'd be out by the end of 2010, but that the only set thing was "before the end of 2012"
PureLionHeart

Post by PureLionHeart »

Really wish I knew what that release date Crud had for Manifest was.
Stupid Aura, keepin' us ig'nant.
"We ruin the countries we govern and the people in our care. We slaughter our enemies, and sacrifice all our allies. We'll keep killing until there's nothing left but to destroy ourselves. It will never be enough. We are incorrigible warmongers, aren't we?"
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

At least, when the time comes they won't delay the release "due to commercial reasons", waiting for the nearest christmas/haloween/easter/valentine's day to swindle us of our money. :(
Last edited by NoOne3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

I'll say this much: NOBODY in any sort of publication business would commit to release dates if not for the realities of economy and business forcing them to do so. We do not have to dance to the tune of stockholders or game stores, and won't have to generate hype to maximize sales, so why exactly would we want to give up the single biggest advantage of being independent: complete freedom of doing our thing as we want, at the pace we want?

Anyway, I don't really mind threads about speculation as long as they have some substance (then again seriously, how difficult it is to understand "do not ask about release/progress"?), but every whine post including ones who try to mask themselves as legit (like the OP) will be rewarded with an instant ban and I will lock the thread unless the following posts give it a reason to live. That said, Suriko, SC or delta might (rightfully) feel less magnanimous about this thread and lock it anyway.

And finally, Pimmy had no idea what she was talking about with her 2010 comment and yes it still is 2011 or bust as per Suriko's comment back whenever.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Aura wrote:I'll say this much: NOBODY in any sort of publication business would commit to release dates if not for the realities of economy and business forcing them to do so.
I'm reminded of what a friend of mine who worked for a game store told me about release dates for product. Bear in mind that this was in the '80s. He told me that the percentage of game products that actually came out when they were announced to come out was about 50%. If you eliminated TSR, the percentage was 0%. :shock:
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
ubergeneral

Re: The game will come out when it comes out

Post by ubergeneral »

it's safe to say that it will be sometime next year. I can't imagine it taking longer considering how much is done already.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

ubergeneral wrote:it's safe to say that it will be sometime next year. I can't imagine it taking longer considering how much is done already.
So how much is done already?

nobody else answer this question I'm making a point maybe
PureLionHeart

Post by PureLionHeart »

It's an unavoidable topic, really. Ever since Act 1 released especially, a damn decent following and anticipation has followed the project, and let's face it, every once in a while someone is just going to be unable to resist asking the question everyone wants to know. We can all understand that basic truth that Aura stated, but deep down, we just wanna play the game, as soon as possible, after all. >_>
"We ruin the countries we govern and the people in our care. We slaughter our enemies, and sacrifice all our allies. We'll keep killing until there's nothing left but to destroy ourselves. It will never be enough. We are incorrigible warmongers, aren't we?"
Burial_By_Fire

Re: The game will come out when it comes out, in 2011

Post by Burial_By_Fire »

Thank you for the clarity, Aura. Just knowing that it's 2010 and not 2011 is information worthwhile for me to hear. I'm not interested in badgering, trolling or making light of the devs or mods. The work you're doing out of simply the desire to make something of quality is greatly appreciated not just by me but by the KS community worldwide. Thanks for the elucidation, discussion and patience with your eager fanbase and that is, of course, extended to every member of the project. Godspeed.
Neronicus

Post by Neronicus »

I'm willing to bet that unless the devs decide to release the game on the last day of the secret santa, it's going to be 2011, not 2010.

People seem to be forgetting that there's only about 20 days left in 2010 anyways >_>
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

The game will come out when it comes out. Never.
Anajamois

Post by Anajamois »

Wrench Wench wrote:The game will come out when it comes out. Never.
The negativity of this post is almost enough to turn me Emo.

Stop doing that.