Pirate dakimakura shop caught

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

hir

Re: Pirate dakimakura shop caught

Post by hir »

neumanproductions wrote: Actually this posses a question I want to ask any dev. "Am I able to print out a picture of Emi and iron it onto a tee-shirt I have for this upcoming convention, with maybe the KS logo on the back?"
If we go by the CC license, the answer would be yes as long as you don't make money out of it.

If you plan to sell those shirts then cross your fingers that the devs say ok...
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

neumanproductions wrote: Actually this posses a question I want to ask any dev. "Am I able to print out a picture of Emi and iron it onto a tee-shirt I have for this upcoming convention, with maybe the KS logo on the back?"
I don't know, are you?
Jokes aside, sure, why not. It's not like we can stop you anyway, and if you're not selling them, no harm done.
If we go by the CC license, the answer would be yes as long as you don't make money out of it.
Strictly speaking, the CC license only applies to the game distribution as an unmodified file (and it in fact states it can't be modified or derived from). Anything not covered or not specifically allowed by the license is covered by the same automatic copyright that applies to pretty much any creative work that does not come with a specific license, which means you're pretty much allowed nothing except consuming/using it - plus possibly claiming fair use depending on your jurisdiction, but that is such a vast topic I won't even start.

Making a T-Shirt for your personal use using game assets is nothing that would make us frown though, unless you come up with a horrible design and pretend it's official.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Thanks guys! Much cheaper than cosplaying and it's free publicity for KS. I guess it will also give me a rough idea of the fan spread around Appleton, Wisconsin. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Member22

Post by Member22 »

Lol looks like Japanese police maybe bagged another dakimakura pirate!

http://kotaku.com/5695888/the-great-hug-pillow-arrest

I wonder if you could pick out the KS pillows (if any) from the article picture
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

The Japanese blog and Kotaku cite the same source and the images are of the same setup. Kotaku is just slow as usual.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

I just like the idea that this is what people do to earn money to go to school now of days. I wonder if those police are actually going to try contacting any of you devs about the KS ones. Have them confiscated, then send them out to your adoring fans.
Anyway, at least he's wasn't selling something that was detrimental to your heath; though some might think otherwise.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

You kidding? They'll confiscate it for themselves
Esquire

Post by Esquire »

delta wrote:Making a T-Shirt for your personal use using game assets is nothing that would make us frown though, unless you come up with a horrible design and pretend it's official.
What about a T-Shirt that just had the last couple of panels from the old "Gimmie the Chocolate" comic? ;)

I've seen plenty of knock off stuff in my day though at flea markets (I worked at one for a while) and a few of the stores in my city. This kind of thing happens all the time, they're just the first one to get caught making cuddle pillows...