Route ending title

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Smoku

Re: Route ending title

Post by Smoku »

Schematic here: Name- Good end/normal end/ bad end (Mind you I'm insane and totally irrational now)

Hanako- Bright future/ Check mate / dinner with candles

Lilly- The colorful world/ Blind date / Misunderstanding

Rin- Then again maybe.../ together on the train of thoughts/ Art is a blast

Shizune- Hug me/ I can't hear you/ Risky

Emi- Running up that hill/ Marathon/ The Fall

Misha- Wahaha/ With Hicchan/ Yuri only

Kenji- Justice/ Whiskey in the jar / a higher roof

My train of thought runs so far away, I'm amazed.
Lawls

Post by Lawls »

Hakamichi- talk the talk(good end), risk taker(true end)

Ikezawa- never gonna give you up(true end), Flame in my heart(normal end)

Ibarazaki- Rise over Run(true end), Standing tall(good end)
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

"But it’s looking like it may actually happen before we all die." - cpl_crud
  • "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Aura wrote:(btw it's totally hilarious coming up with the 250+ pretty much totally arbitrary names needed for this game)
Yeah... And it's all just to spite us poor translators ^^°
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Esquire

Post by Esquire »

Gonna follow the same format Smoku used here: Good/Normal/Bad. I tried to theme them more towards their likes, interests and disabilities if I could.

Hanako - The Queen's Gambit/ Like an Open Book/ Trial by Fire

Lilly- A Bright Future in Sight/ Tea for Two/ Touch and Go

Rin- Rin-aissance / Painting by Numbers/ A World Without Colour -or- Colourblinded

Shizune- All Signs Point to Yes/ Love Conquers All(Stralia)/ Silent Treatment (Sorry for the terrible pun, Its 4 AM here, and I thought of it after re-reading my post XP)

Emi- Running Free/ In High Spirits/ False Start

Misha- Thinking Pink/ Thats What She Said/ Spiraling Out of Control

Kenji- Unconditional Surrender/ War Never Changes/ Keep your Enemies Closer
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Blast! I had a similar list, now i'm gonna have to rethink another one.
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

Well giving the ending the same name as the final scene makes sense, I guess? After all the final scene IS the ending.

I would drop a couple of tantalizingly arbitrary final scene names here but looking at the list they're all so bad that we're going to have to change them before release anyway.
Scarlet Fox

Post by Scarlet Fox »

If you're going to change them, how about telling us anyway? :)

I think it'd be better if there was no name for the ending. Like, Katawa Shoujo never ends. So the developers have to work on it forever.

Being serious now, is it confirmed how many endings per person there'll be? Maybe it varies from person to person?
Rocket Science

Post by Rocket Science »

Everyone has at least two according to the FAQ. I can't see anyone having more than three, since that's overkill.
Lawls

Post by Lawls »

Rocket Science wrote:Everyone has at least two according to the FAQ. I can't see anyone having more than three, since that's overkill.
Two endings per heroine. I am interested in seeing if there will be more than five bad ends (one for each act) as act 1 had only one bad end (manly picnic) I wonder if in the other acts whenever you trigger a bad end will it lead you to the same bad end regardless of route.
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

"But it’s looking like it may actually happen before we all die." - cpl_crud
  • "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare
Sgt_Frog

Post by Sgt_Frog »

I'm lost here. Okay, Good End and Bad End are self-explanatory, but what is the "True/Normal End"? Is it like a more realistic ending (as opposed to the idealistic Good and the cynical/pessimistic Bad)?
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

-abscess

Post by -abscess »

Lawls wrote:I wonder if in the other acts whenever you trigger a bad end will it lead you to the same bad end regardless of route.
Yeah, all of them will open your browser in the Shira Oka homepage. Devs are truly evil beings.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I'm lost here. Okay, Good End and Bad End are self-explanatory, but what is the "True/Normal End"? Is it like a more realistic ending (as opposed to the idealistic Good and the cynical/pessimistic Bad)?
Characters' "normal end" in dating sims is often either a "back to the way things were"-end that doesn't leave the player with an overly pessimistic feeling yet still contains that "it could have been more"-vibe (variation 1) or an end where the protagonist does end up with the girl, but something still seems off or less-than-ideal. (variation 2)

For short:

- Good end: Protagonist and girl end up as boyfriend and girlfriend in a balanced relationship.
- Normal end variation 1: Protagonist and girl don't end up dating, but after graduation they spend some time looking back on the good times they had together and promise to keep in touch. A few years later, the protagonist turns on the TV and sees the girl accepting some medal or award. Game ends as the protagonist smiles to himself upon seeing his old friend again.
- Normal end variation 2: Protagonist and girl end up together, but more like friends-with-benefits than genuine lovers. Game ends with the protagonist admitting to himself he's having fun, but he's wondering if the relationship will last.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Or in Tsukihime, the True End is a Bad End and the Good End is a Slightly Less Bad End.
In Akiha's "Good" End she is reduced to a blood-sucking vegetable, while in her True End, she survives, but the Main Character dies.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
GMKGoat

Post by GMKGoat »

Every girl's True End ends with Hisao ending up with Clannad's Nagisa.