What's the girl talk like?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Burial_By_Fire

What's the girl talk like?

Post by Burial_By_Fire »

Hanako - Lilly

Rin - Emi

Shizune - Misha

Just want to hear thoughts on how you think the dynamics are in the pairs of girls. I'm just curious because the chemistry they each share is very unique from one pair to the other, and it just sets me to thinking. One of the big allures to the VN is it will test the line in the old White Christmas song "Lord help the mister that comes between me and my sister and lord help the sister that comes between me and my man!"
G3n0c1de

Re: What's the girl talk like?

Post by G3n0c1de »

Hanako and Lilly I'm not sure about. There are probably long instances of the two just staying silent, and that's just the way they want it. When they do talk, Hanako may be less timid than usual because of the bond the two share, but I can't see her being too open. Lilly would be calm and reserved. She'd use a warm, motherly tone with Hanako. She would be patient with her. Most of their conversations will be about neutral or mundane topics, with Lilly doing most of the talking. I can imagine little gems of moments where Hanako, for a second or two, lowers her guard and seems happy. She talks about normal girl subjects, or she goes on about something that interests her. Her face would light up. She would be unaware of this, but it would bring a slight smile to Lilly's face.

Emi and Rin's day to day talk would probably seem like a comedy show. Ever upbeat, I don't think Emi would leave much room for silence when around Rin. I imagine that Rin would be doing something in addition to talking to Emi, to keep her mind occupied. She might seem inattentive, but she's listening. As the most normal of the girls, I imagine that Emi would talk to Rin about normal girl stuff. Emi would definitely do most of the talking, with Rin delivering her deadpan lines. Occasionally Rin would go off to cloudcuckooland and rant on about a concept completely foreign to anyone but her, but Emi is used to this.

Shizune and Misha's dynamic is one I've thought on for awhile. As Misha knows sign language, she is Shizune's connection to the outside world. This is why the the two are so close. I imagine that they would share the conversation equally, talking about normal highschooler stuff. I'm not sure if Shizune is competitive with Misha. Maybe they aren't normally, but when they play games, or are in some sort of structured activity they compete. She's probably used to following Shizune, but her opinion carries more weight with her than most people. Because Shizune has only Misha as a confidant, she is probably very open with her, leaving few secrets between the two.
Last edited by G3n0c1de on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Rin wrote:"You know, how she just talks talks talks about nothing for hours. It's like her head is made of bubblegum foam bath jelly."
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
blackrising

Post by blackrising »

You mean besides the moans, screams and pleas for more that's obviously going on behind closed (or not) doors? :mrgreen:

Well, I don't think Lilly and Hanako talk much. I can imagine it's enough for them to enjoy each other's presence. Hanako is not much of a talker anyway and she probably likes just sitting in the tea room and feeling the safety Lilly provides. And Lilly is happy as long as Hanako feels comfortable.

Rin already told Hisao that Emi talks like a waterfall about nothing at all.

Shizune and MIsha are definitely a lot closer than normal friends. I think they're very open with each other, talking about anything that comes to mind. Although there may be a few things they keep to themselves, honesty is key. Not to mention that Misha seems to be really bad at lying anyway.
Misha worshipper to the core. WAHAHAHA~

Misha>Rin=Hanako=Lilly>>Shizune>Emi

Since I was no bigger than a weavil they've been saying I was evil
That if "bad" was a boot that I'd fit it
That I'm a wicked young lady, but I've been trying hard lately
O fuck it! I'm a monster! I admit it!
Wan-wanniche

Post by Wan-wanniche »

blackrising wrote:Well, I don't think Lilly and Hanako talk much. I can imagine it's enough for them to enjoy each other's presence. Hanako is not much of a talker anyway and she probably likes just sitting in the tea room and feeling the safety Lilly provides. And Lilly is happy as long as Hanako feels comfortable.
I agree with blackrising that there is likely to be a larger amount of comfortable silence between these two than most people would think. But I personally believe that a certain amount of candid, comfortable talking about various things likely crops up. Lilly seems to me to be a person who enjoys chatting, and probably likes discovering more about people she's fond of, and so would most likely find quite a few topics that Hanako feels comfortable with and gently probe to find out more. It wouldn't be prying, but chatting, and Lilly would gently lead the topics into more personal areas once in a while. Hanako feels comfortable, Lilly gets to chat, and they both deepen their friendship. Good stuff :)

Shizune and Misha are the two that are most likely to have what could be considered 'regular' girl talks. A bit of gossip, worrying about stuff they need to (eventually) do for the student council, chatting about boys, what their favorite things are, etc. You know, regular stuff.
Just all in JSL.

As previously mentioned, Rin quietly listens to the endless waterfall of bubblyness that is Emi talk, while throwing in her two cents worth of philosophical stuff every once in a while.
Rin takes an unexpected lead in the updated polls.
Surprised? a little
Is this unexpected? Have you met Rin:)?
Expect the unexpected. lol
Yuurei

Post by Yuurei »

What about Shizune and Lilly instead?
It would be pretty funny, as well as slightly aggressive.
Burial_By_Fire

Post by Burial_By_Fire »

Well, in addition to hating each other Lilly an Shizune have no way to communicate with each other outside of direct physical contact. That could get ugly...or hot.

I think it would be interesting, though if Shizune were to teach herself Braile just to press dots onto paper and pass Lilly vindictive notes. That was one of my favorite scenes in act one when she did that to Hisao.
Sgt_Frog

Post by Sgt_Frog »

Burial_By_Fire wrote:Well, in addition to hating each other Lilly an Shizune have no way to communicate with each other outside of direct physical contact. That could get ugly...or hot.

I think it would be interesting, though if Shizune were to teach herself Braile just to press dots onto paper and pass Lilly vindictive notes. That was one of my favorite scenes in act one when she did that to Hisao.

On the flip side, due to "proprioception" (read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proprioception), Lilly could learn some basic sign language. Not that she'd be able to get replies back...
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Burial_By_Fire wrote:Well, in addition to hating each other Lilly an Shizune have no way to communicate with each other outside of direct physical contact. That could get ugly...or hot.
This pic seems relevant here.

[shimmie]913[/shimmie]
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

Csihar wrote:
This pic seems relevant here.

[shimmie]913[/shimmie]
Ah yes the language that involves tapping their palm.

I believe Shizune is saying "I Will fuck you even blinder"
scineram

Post by scineram »

Her facial expression definitely says that.
Burial_By_Fire

Post by Burial_By_Fire »

I'm starting to think that Misha and Shizune would have the oddest dynamic. First of all because Misha is Shizune's means of communication with the outside world, and not a great one at that. Rarely does she say "Shiichan says." She only translates sign language directly without thinking. This makes Shizune's interaction with everyone else a bit skewed. The second major aspect that forms their relationship is how domineering Shizune is. Even with Misha being Shizune's only link to communicate with the rest of the world, you know Shiichan treats Misha like she's the boss. A great example of this is During her end of act one where Misha flirts with Hisao for a second, and Shizune tells her to stop being stupid.
Burial_By_Fire

Post by Burial_By_Fire »

Bump.

I just had an odd thought relating to the game's structure. First off, seeing that the girls have been roughly associated into pairs. Second, hearing that the structure of the game is different from most VN's because the girl you get in act one is the girl you're trying to keep until the end. I'm just wondering if in each "pair" there is competition over you. Like you might get one of three endings; first you get the girl you are chasing and avoid her pair-off, or you get NTR'd (Whatever that means) by the second girl in the pair and end up with her in a semi-bad end, or if you mess it up really bad you end up alone or Kenjidead.