Katawa Shounen

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Callowir

Katawa Shounen

Post by Callowir »

C'mon. You've thought about it, ladies. Katawa Shounen sounds like a good idea, to me. I'd want to see that put together, though not nessesarily by the dev team (poor guys are bogged down with work). It probably wouldn't take much re-writing, possibly done easiest with an art patch and the like.

The thought occured to me after seeing this (http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2395), and some fanart depicting all the girls as males. I think if it were to be done, the boys would need different disabilities. What do you think, guys?
Juno

Re: Katawa Shounen

Post by Juno »

Yes, it sounds like a good idea. To you.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

I don't even want to know what male Rin would need male Emi's help with instead of a period.

Just saying.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Lawls

Post by Lawls »

What do you think, guys?
I think the whole idea should have been kept to yourself.
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

"But it’s looking like it may actually happen before we all die." - cpl_crud
  • "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Aside from the fact that changing disabilities around would require a LOT of rewriting and redrawing - to the tune of "make your own game from scratch", really - patching KS is an absolute no-no according to the terms of our license.

So if you want to make this, more power to you. But not in the way you seem to be suggesting.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

So, OP, if you were to write such a VN, would you keep the protagonist male?
Burial_By_Fire

Post by Burial_By_Fire »

Well, I think it could work. Especially since you could use the same school.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

kosherbacon wrote:So, OP, if you were to write such a VN, would you keep the protagonist male?
So not are you only the most well known yuri lover on the forum, you seem to enjoy asking questions pertaining to the opposite.

I think that idea you have would best be served as its own story completely unassociated with KS. Writing the entire thing utilizing different characters with different disabilities/personalities. Most VNs, from personal experience, are from the males point of view looking at several girls. VNs that are hoping to sell also in america, after getting a translation, are more designed for the male audience. I would personally support this project as it is always interesting to me to read from a female point of view...leave out the H-scenes though on my part. Come on, i'm still a guy you know. :wink:
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

... And how does genderbending all the characters + changing their disabilities NOT make much of a re-write?
A fanart from time to time- fine.
a fanfic- fine.
changing the story to yaoi/ practically deleting all the characters most fans already like- not fine.
Rocket Science

Post by Rocket Science »

I wish I could retroactively unread this entire thread.
Yuurei

Post by Yuurei »

DO NOT WANT
Listen a girl at least.
Sgt_Frog

Post by Sgt_Frog »

Wow, geez everybody, it was just a random idea the OP had. No need for all this hate.

Anyway, I could enjoy the whole reverse harem thing. Just my two cents there.
Darlat

Post by Darlat »

Well, it isn't really hate as much as opposition to the idea.
I'm a rabbit.

I'm fluffy and i get violated by humans a lot : (.
Shockproof Jamo

Post by Shockproof Jamo »

Good idea? Maybe, maybe not. I'm mostly put off by the idea that some yaoi might be included.

Post by Guest »

I could fap to a genderswapped KS. Rin is already on the androgynous side. All you'd really have to do is remove the boobs and add some exposed collar bones. And for the H-scenes, it's hard to tell what's going on with the mosaic and all anyway. I honestly don't see what the problem would be.