Katawa Shounen

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Caesius

Re: Katawa Shounen

Post by Caesius »

I dunno, a genderswapped Lilly or Shizune could be interesting...
Yuurei

Post by Yuurei »

In the case of Shizune, tsundere males are the worst.
Darlat

Post by Darlat »

Yuurei wrote:In the case of Shizune, tsundere males are the worst.
Personally, I find spineless men who can't decide which freaking girl to take are worse.
I'm a rabbit.

I'm fluffy and i get violated by humans a lot : (.
Yuurei

Post by Yuurei »

Why are you automatically excluding tsunderes from the unsure 'til death category?
It's not a perfect tsun example, but it works at least a bit: just see Hisao during the class rep ruote. He's not kind of an invincible and determined man.
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

Honestly I see the male Shizune as a man who makes you work for it. Strings you along making his interest quite clear and he is more than willing to put a lot of work into the relationship but he expects the same from you. If you don't put the work then he just leaves deeming you not worth the time or effort.
gekiganwing

Post by gekiganwing »

This thread is relevant to my interests. After all, I make no apologies for my bromantic love for Kanji Tatsumi, or declaring that Sakuya Morimura is my "husbando." Furthermore, I spent quite a bit of time playing RE: Alistair and the fan translated version of Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side, and a fair amount of time playing Date Warp and Memoirs of an Angel.

That said, I believe that "Katawa Shounen" would benefit from either using the same setting as Katawa Shoujo and all original characters, or else exist in its own universe. Other options should be considered...

* Romance game with simulation gameplay, or visual novel?
* Girl x boy pairings, boy x boy pairings, or none at all? (In other words, it might just be about friendship, or a larger plot.)
DMGnome

Post by DMGnome »

Genderbent Rin leads to some interesting problems.
Male Rin: Yes, I'm wearing a girl's uniform. Pants are hard to wear without arms.

But Female Kenji would be awesome.
Fans destroy things by loving them too much. This is one of the fundamental laws of the universe.
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

Female Kenji would probably be like my older sister. Convinced that all men are evil and out to dominate women.
Darlat

Post by Darlat »

Wrench Wench wrote:Female Kenji would probably be like my older sister. Convinced that all men are evil and out to dominate women.
You mean we aren't?
I'm a rabbit.

Jaksio

Post by Jaksio »

Darlat wrote:
Wrench Wench wrote:Female Kenji would probably be like my older sister. Convinced that all men are evil and out to dominate women.
You mean we aren't?
Hush. You'll destroy our great plan.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Jaksio wrote:
Darlat wrote:
You mean we aren't?
Hush. You'll destroy our great plan.
I thought we ditched that plan in '97, in favor of the "Forget the women, where's the Eroge" ideology?
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Kwopper

Post by Kwopper »

Callowir wrote:C'mon. You've thought about it, ladies. Katawa Shounen sounds like a good idea, to me. I'd want to see that put together, though not nessesarily by the dev team (poor guys are bogged down with work). It probably wouldn't take much re-writing, possibly done easiest with an art patch and the like.

The thought occured to me after seeing this (http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2395), and some fanart depicting all the girls as males. I think if it were to be done, the boys would need different disabilities. What do you think, guys?
And where is this fanart you speak of?....
Darlat

Post by Darlat »

I'm a rabbit.

Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Hisao as a female. now THAT'S AWESOME
RedSavant

Post by RedSavant »

^^That last picture just disturbs me for some reason. As does the first one. The second one is good, though.