what are the best quotes from the game?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

BcDed

Re: Favorite quotes

Post by BcDed »

Now that the full version is out and I'm using these forums again, I feel that a bump is in order. With the release of the full version what are some of your favorite quotes?
For instance I like when Rin is asked how she feels she says "Medium Normal."
Is it really just a game, or is it a religious experience.
Nevis

Re: your favorite quotes

Post by Nevis »

"I like doing it in a horizontal position more. If you know what I mean"

-Rin Act 1
CosmicGhost

Post by CosmicGhost »

I... IGOTTODOSOMETHING. -Hanako
Chocolates, lol.

'Love With a Hint of Luck' is my fanfic. I just started with the fanfic business, so don't expect me to deliver professional writing.
NubChaos

Post by NubChaos »

Shit, son, just about shed more manly tears at the end of Emi's Act 3

Spoiler tagging just in case

Hisao: However, it seems to me that someone who managed to come out of that wreck and still be as cheerful and energetic as you are would be determined enough to face that fear.
Emi: Determination? What do you know about determination?!
Hisao: I know there's a girl so determined to take care of a total stranger that she'd steal his food at a festival. I know that there's a girl so determined to help me with my own problems that she'd draw up a complete dietary and exercise plan, and that she'd not only draw up the plans, but she'd follow them with me, even when she couldn't run. Determined enough to keep me at arm's length; that'd she put herself through emotional pain if she thought that was the right thing to do. Although, there's one thing that this determined girl didn't quite plan for, which was that I might feel that same kind of determination to keep her from being hurt. I fell in love with you, and I refuse to let that be thrown away because you're afraid of losing me.
Emi: Why are you doing this..? Why can't you just leave me alone?!
Hisao: I'm sorry Emi... You helped me when I first arrived here, so now I have to help you. It's only fair.
Emi: You're utterly hopeless, did you know that...?
Hisao: Funny. I could say the same about you..

Those kind of scenes tug at my heartstrings like no other (where someone constantly reminds someone else of what they've been through together, albeit indirectly). A similar scene between Tomari and Hazumu near the end of the anime adaptation of Kashimashi ~ Girl Meets Girl damn near killed me it was so emotional. This scene nearly topped that one. And the fact that "Innocence", one of my absolute favorite tracks in the game, was playing during this scene only made it better.
Been a KS fan since late 2010, and am grateful for all the devs do! You guys rock!

My faves:
1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune
Evvinartopski

Post by Evvinartopski »

After all these years, I still think

Kenji: (after hearing Hisao's plans in the end of Act 1) Don't go to the festival.
Hisao: Okay. *Goes anyway*

is pretty awesome. Simplicity sometimes is the simplest comedy.
Harco

Post by Harco »

Act 1, Lilly's/Hanako's route:

- Kenji: "That blind broad is up to no good; I can feel it in my spleen, man. Her presence is like a dark shadow that's in the way of my great vision. As expected of blind people."
- Hisao: "What."

And, Hanako's route, Act 4 I believe.

- Miki: "Screw math. It's boring as hell."

Also, Emi's route, somewhere along Act 3:

- Emi: "Hey, you guys still in there?"
- Nurse: "Just a moment, Emi."
- Nurse: "Give us a second to put our pants back on."
- The door bursts open and Emi glares knives at the nurse.
- Emi: "Asshole."
- Nurse: "Didn't mean to get your hopes up."
Evvinartopski

Post by Evvinartopski »

Even after 100%ing the full version just now, Act 1 remains freshest for some reason.

Emi: "Not so fast! You were just going to try sneaking some more of that fried crap, weren't you?"
Hisao: "I was not!"
Another glare.
Hisao: "Okay, maybe I was going to get a little..."
The glare continues.
Hisao: "Okay, a lot."
Jesus, I'm a danger to myself and others, aren't I?

I'm sure everyone's had this sort of conversation at least once in their life. Some perhaps even more. (cough)
Rolanberry

Post by Rolanberry »

My fav quote due to how deep it is and funny at the same time due to the situation its used in. Its in Shizune's rout but I forget which act...think its 2.

Hisao monolog: 'When he is pushed to the edge of despair, a man has no choice but to sink, or grasp at the fleeting wisps of hope, fight with all his power against the inevitability of his fate and struggle against the impossible. For even if he fails, at least fail knowing that he dared greatly.'
~ J O K 3 R ~

Post by ~ J O K 3 R ~ »

Jucez wrote:
Rveniss wrote:Hanako route:

"This is me. All of me."
This. I love her :cry:

DimirAgent wrote:I played Emi's route after Lily's route. In Act 2 of Emi's route you run into Lily during Tracking Absences.

She says "I've not heard from you in quite some time. I was beginning to think you'd forgotten all about me."

I immediately stopped and could not play for the rest of the day......
I know that feeling bro... Hanako and Lilly's route have turned me upside down, i don't know if i'll ever find the courage to play others routes. I can't betray them...
Same here. It's as if when you play Hanako's route then go right to Lily's you can't help but still hold feelings for Hanako. And once you finish Lily's and branch out, you can't help but feel very bad.

Almost like cheating~! o Ao

I know for certain Hanako's route turned me upside down. :(

Why Hanako?!?! Why?!?! Q ~Q
“There is something beautiful about all scars of whatever nature. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed and healed, done with.”
- Harry Crews

(Somehow this reminds me of Hanako and yes, I'm a fan~ * W* ~ ♥)
AshWullfer

Post by AshWullfer »

Hey...i found a new fave quotes.

Act. 2
Capter Litle Wing

Before The Exam :
I Sweat Profusely, awaited the dread moment
each tick of the clock tenses my muscles that much more, every minute making more
hairs stand on end

-----------------------Death.

Death in the form of a single sheet of paper.
scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

"Just this once... let me cry..."
I think that line has a lot of meaning coming from Lilly and holds a lot of weight.
Arcassa

Post by Arcassa »

[ I'll devour you! ]
Last edited by Arcassa on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uwa

Post by uwa »

I don't know why, but when this (image spoiler for Shizune's path) appeared on my screen I died laughing for over a minute.

For some stupid reason Misha wearing that just broke me. I still chuckle when I look at it. Maybe it's because it was the middle of the night. I also laughed out loud at Jigoro's opinion of Hisao's sweater mentioned earlier.
Emi > Lilly > Misha > Hanako = Rin > Shizune... I might just prefer women who put out a lot.
Mind-stickiness: Hanako > Misha = Shizune > Rin > Emi > Lilly
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

Sadly, I can't post the entirety of the text of Rin's path, so I'll just settle for this:

"What's the word for when it feels inside your heart that everything in the world is all right?"

Excuse me while I go FEEL ALL THE THINGS.
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

"Then, please accept my first gift to you,"
- Hanako
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'