what are the best quotes from the game?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Evvinartopski

Re: your favorite quotes

Post by Evvinartopski »

"Oh you, Hisao" moment of the month:

Hisao: "Didn't you guys think of taking umbrellas? It really looks like it'll rain."
Rin looks at her limply hanging sleeves and shrugs her shoulders.
Harco

Post by Harco »

From Emi's route, when Emi ends up giving Rin a cold and Hisao wondering he will get is as well, seeing as he was pretty close (in the same bed) with Emi yesterday.
Hisao: So what did she and Rin do that got her ill?
Hisao: ...
Hisao: Steady on, old lad. Don't go down that road.
kidlat020

Post by kidlat020 »

Somewhere in Emi route. Forgot what she precisely said, but it was in the lines like:

When there's any problem that must be fixed, I must do it by myself. because that's just how it is. I can't depend on others.

Really beautiful

Post by Guest »

"Anal."
-Emi
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

[I'll devour you!]
-Shizune
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Kirsty101

Post by Kirsty101 »

"What's the word for when it feels inside your heart that everything in the world is all right?"
-Rin to Hisao (Rin's route)

"...So I'm not going to help you because I think you need rescuing. I don't want to be a knight rescuing the damsel in distress, but even knights helped each other out, you know. I want to help you, even though I know you can do it on your own."
-Hisao to Emi (Emi's route)

And then there's the grave scene in Emi's route (I won't post it here to avoid a wall of text) where Emi admits a bunch of secrets to Hisao, each secret getting bigger the further she goes, until she finally tells him about the accident the claimed her legs and her father's life.
Kyler Thatch

Post by Kyler Thatch »

"You can't just set your life up and expect it to stay that way forever; sometimes stuff happens that you have to roll with, even if it means hurting yourself or others."
-Akira (Lilly's route)

"Try to look behind the superficial. There's not a single student here who isn't just a normal kid behind whatever they might seem at first glance."
-Mutou (can't remember where)

"The problem must be in your pants!"
-Rin
Nakz

Kenji Quotes

Post by Nakz »

So not sure if there is already a topic for this, but I did a quick search and didn't find one. Basically what I'm asking for is quotes from Kenji from this game. They can be your favorite one(s) or just some you've collected. I find him to be pretty funny and thought it might be good to get a post with nothing but Kenji quotes~

So come on lets hear em'! :D

Post by Guest »

-Shizune

(That one really got me right there)

Post by Guest »

"We'll go on living until we stop. And when we stop living we'll be able to know that at least we've had time together, and I wouldn't have it any other way..."

Hisao in 'Whispers of the Past', Emi path.

I had just lost a friend recently, it was very sudden and I had been in shock about it for a while. When I read that, it was like an explosion in my mind. It was so true to me. Brought me to tears with a smile on my face.
jaycee

Post by jaycee »

Hanako Route:
It doesn't matter. You're a wonderful person Hanako. Your body doesn't change that Hisao to Hanako

Act 1:
Hisao:But how should I deal with these people? Forcing myself to act overly casually only makes me feel phony. Like I was supposed to ignore the elephant in the room.
Yuuko: I think it's an elephant only if you think that way.

Lilly's route
Hisao: I'm sorry I'm like this. As much as I didn't want to make you concerned for me, I couldn't do anything to prevent it.
Lilly: Don't apologize for it. Please don't. Have I ever apologized for my blindness? You can't help the way you were born, Hisao. There's no point in apologizing for who you are. You are a beautiful person, Hisao. Please don't ever apologize for that.
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

"Hisao"
"What is it?"
"What's the word when your heart knows everything in the world is right?"
- Rin

Made me cry harder than I ever had in my life, especially after that whole path.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

I don't have any quotes to add, but reading all of these reminds me how much I need to replay the whole thing.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
talhos

Post by talhos »

Rin's route - Self destruction:
Hisao about Rin
Trying to comprehend and follow her train of thought feels like wadding through the jungles of Borneo equipped with a wooden spoon and a map of Hokkaido.
Routes played: Emi (good end) - Hanako(good end) - Lily(good end) - Rin (first try bad end, second try good end) - Shizune (playing now)

Favorites so far: Hanako - Lily - Emi - Rin
Ivan The Mouse

Post by Ivan The Mouse »

"We're just two children pretending to be adults, aren't we?"

Hisao, in Lilly's route.

This sentence fucking broke my heart.
Warning:

This poster is prone to fits of auto-pilot typing, in which he will make posts with butchered grammar and sentence structure without knowing it.