what are the best quotes from the game?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

CrimsonKnight0

Re: your favorite quotes

Post by CrimsonKnight0 »

From Shizune´s route:
"Is that for me?" - Kenji.
Everything Kenji and Jigoro say are simply awesome quotes.
When Yamaku is... ashes, you have my permission to die.
purple haired Katawa Shoujo character

Post by purple haired Katawa Shoujo character »

"Gimmie the chocolate Hisao!"
-Hanako
F4lk

Post by F4lk »

Finally made it to join the Forum, after weeks and months of reading ^^

Having played only the Hanako and Lilly route so far (and right now with no interest for playing the others), i have to nominate these 2 quotes:

"I merely have a healthy adolescent sex drive." from Lilly's route. Made me laugh so much with her pouting face ^^

and

"From then on, I believed that it didn't matter if nobody else acknowledged me. All my existence ever did was to make people troubled, after all. It was...easier ...if I just didn't exist."
"But after meeting Lilly, and then you..."
"I tried, but I...couldn't make myself think that way again."
from Hanako's route.

This one made me so sad about her...if it would have been possible, I would have gone into the game and taken her in my arms, just to be there for her. In my opinion, this was the saddest moment i have ever experienced while playing a VS/game. I have my own first person experiences with such kind of feelings. Thankfully, I found that special person in my life who dragged me out of of this deep, deep hole. But to know how much this must have hurt Hanako, how she must have felt...I really shed some tears at that point. And I'm so glad that things turned out well when I was able to keep on reading.
"The reason I feel people are getting such Feels [while playing KS], is that the border between fantasy and reality is thin in this game. It feels real, and when you are done, its like spending a week getting to know someone intimately and then never seeing them again."
- Bix
TOZ

Post by TOZ »

Things should be done by the book! It's just that the book hasn't been written for every situation, so there are times when it can be ignored. - Misha
I have to use this in my gaming arguments...
thexxxtictac

Post by thexxxtictac »

Rolanberry wrote:My fav quote due to how deep it is and funny at the same time due to the situation its used in. Its in Shizune's rout but I forget which act...think its 2.

Hisao monolog: 'When he is pushed to the edge of despair, a man has no choice but to sink, or grasp at the fleeting wisps of hope, fight with all his power against the inevitability of his fate and struggle against the impossible. For even if he fails, at least fail knowing that he dared greatly.'
I would have to agree, this has so far been the best quote of the game. Others have delivered more emotion but this is the most thought provoking.
When he is pushed to the edges of despair, a man has no choice but to sink, or grasp at the fleeting wisps of hope, fight with all his power against the inevitabilities of his fate and struggle against the impossible. For even if he fails at least fail knowing that he dared greatly.
Deltamon

Post by Deltamon »

Panty Supervisor wrote:Hisao' narration on the Shizune path in Act 1:
I crush the note in my fist dramatically, bot no one is there to see it, and that makes me sad.
Oh god THAT, so much THAT! Best line in the game.
Hanako = Shizune = Rin = Lilly = Emi
I just don't like categorizing people. Even if Hanako will always be the dearest for me, I still prefer if they all get equal share of love.
waynoinsano

Post by waynoinsano »

Rin Do you want me to do it with my foot or my mouth? laughed so hard when I saw that
PharaohSauron

Post by PharaohSauron »

Discounting all serious/heartrending ones, here are some of the ones I bothered to write in my notes as I played (each line is a different quote):

Shizune's path:
Kenji: "Why would I rebut? I like my butt."
Hisao: Bureaucracy really puts me in the mood.

Hanako's path:
One guy. With two girls. In a dorm room. With a tea set.

Rin's path:
Rin: "Do you want me to do it with my foot or my mouth?"
I can't find the exact quote, but it entails Reality is subjective, never as good as in your head.
Hisao's inner monologue: Planet Rin. The thought makes me almost laugh, she really does seem to be from another planet at times, minus green skin and possibly some tenticles. Way to Rin out there, Hisao.
I'm probably going to start calling them a flock of butterflies now because of Rin.

Lilly's path:
Hisao: DEATH... in the form of a single paper.
Lilly: I just have a healthy adolescent sex drive.
Lilly: DAMMIT! Technically serious, but not in my head right now...

Emi's path:
Emi: All part of my master plan.
Hisao: Woah, language.
Hisao: It seems as if time has slowed down for the express purpose of annoying the hell out of me.
Mutou: Egad! You've contracted some kind of amnesia!
Emi: Science should approve! *mental image of Mutou nodding head and checking off a box*
Hisao: I'm ready to go all the w--- Talk to the Nurse, Emi.
Hisao: I can't help being clever.
Hisao's inner voice: “Somewhere, a man is drinking a cup of coffee. He freezes with the cup at his lips.” My favorite, because I did just that in that scene :D
Remember, folks:
I'm watching you.
Palas

Post by Palas »

PharaohSauron wrote:Hisao's inner voice: “Somewhere, a man is drinking a cup of coffee. He freezes with the cup at his lips.” My favorite, because I did just that in that scene :D
Man.

That's the most awesome occasion I can think of. You're blessed.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
TheKingOfFacade

Post by TheKingOfFacade »

"It was like that, but with poo"
NubChaos

Post by NubChaos »

Rin: Just be.
Been a KS fan since late 2010, and am grateful for all the devs do! You guys rock!

My faves:
1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune
Tahtorak

Post by Tahtorak »

I don't remember the line specifically, but I'm pretty sure it had the word "clusterf@&#" in it.
.., ,
-M
shadowoutoftime

Post by shadowoutoftime »

during emi's route (act 3 i believe)
"Muto: hang around after class and we can either discuss it or i can show you how to make explosives in the lab."
ziamatt

Post by ziamatt »

I can't pick just one, or even a few. This game is loaded with gold in terms of quotes. Everything Jigoro says. "You probably like huffing glue, but that doesn't make it right" immediately comes to mind. Kenji has a lot of good quotes. "Women are terrible at stabbing things." There are still a dozen more I could list. I'd have to go through every part of the game and pick out the best quotes. There are just way too many to list the "best".
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

"Rules doesn't change human nature. It can only suppress it."

-Lilly in Hanako's route.