what are the best quotes from the game?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

kirbycide

Re: your favorite quotes

Post by kirbycide »

Kenji (The Anchor/Shizune Route):
"She was going to kill me. Kill me and replace me with a woman version of me. But then the sunlight reflected off my glasses and blinded her, saving my life. It was like Behold, Optic Blast."
I read the last part in the voice of Cyclops.

Jigoro (Confrontation/Shizune Route):
"Even if I were to get up from this couch, walk over to you right now, and punch you in the forehead with brass knuckles with a condensed edition of my life story on them, leaving my biography imprinted on your face, you would not understand"
Carnificus

Post by Carnificus »

I've yet to play all of the routes but so far this is my favorite quote:
"They are real, I can tell you that. All of this is... real, you know? If you think about it, nothing really lasts for long. Even something like my life or yours is just a blink of an eye in the history of everything, like one of those rockets. Poof, and we're gone. But we're here, aren't we?"
That quote + Aria de l'Etoile playing in the background = Winning
"Stories never begin nor do they end. They are comprised of people living, an endless cycle of interacting, influencing each other, and parting ways. As long as stories are told they shall not have clear endings." -Vice President Gustav St. Germain
PasterOfMuppets

Post by PasterOfMuppets »

Anything Jigoro said.
Good joke... Everybody laugh... Roll on snare drum... Curtains...

Hanako = Shizune = Lilly = Rin > Kenji > Placeholder > Emi
ihatepeace22

Post by ihatepeace22 »

Rolanberry wrote:My fav quote due to how deep it is and funny at the same time due to the situation its used in. Its in Shizune's rout but I forget which act...think its 2.

Hisao monolog: 'When he is pushed to the edge of despair, a man has no choice but to sink, or grasp at the fleeting wisps of hope, fight with all his power against the inevitability of his fate and struggle against the impossible. For even if he fails, at least fail knowing that he dared greatly.'
This reminds me of Black Butler.

Aside from that, the walls of text that Rin spouts when trying to connect with Hisao touch me in a way I can't begin to describe...

Post by Guest »

scoopnokes wrote:"Just this once... let me cry..."
I think that line has a lot of meaning coming from Lilly and holds a lot of weight.
...Welp, looks like it's time to do Lilly's path again. Manly tears shall be shed. Manly tears.
scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

Guest wrote:
scoopnokes wrote:"Just this once... let me cry..."
I think that line has a lot of meaning coming from Lilly and holds a lot of weight.
...Welp, looks like it's time to do Lilly's path again. Manly tears shall be shed. Manly tears.
yes manly tears
Ovan

Post by Ovan »

"No Way. These are just the eyes of a man who has seen things. A shamans eyes. Terrible things, that you cant imagine."

-Kenji

I think in future, when one of my co-workers asks me if I havent slept enough because of the dark rings under my eyes, I will tell them just that.
"No Way. These are just the eyes of a man who has seen things. A shamans eyes. Terrible things, that you cant imagine."

-Kenji
Babli

Post by Babli »

"I think I broke Misha."

Especially funny with her sad face on screen.
Harco

Post by Harco »

From Lilly's route, Act 4, "Out and About":

- Lilly: "Is there anything with some kind of fish in it?"
- Hisao: "Let's see..."
No. No. No. No. Aren't those poisonous? No. No. No. They eat that stuff? No. No. No. No... Ah, here we go.

I like Hisao when he's deadpan.
Babli wrote:"I think I broke Misha."

Especially funny with her sad face on screen.
It came out of nowhere, too, which made it even funnier in my opinion.

(Clickable)

It's at moments like this that her sad face is just too adorable.
CrimsonKnight0

Post by CrimsonKnight0 »

NubChaos wrote:I don't remember the full-quote, but Kenji said something along the line of "our supple Japanese women being raped by sociopathic lesbian supremacists"

I believe it was in the same scene as the
Red_Machine wrote:Kenji: "Who is this bitch? Why are bitches all up in my business, stealing what I do?"
quote, as is this following particularly long-winded rant that Kenji once had for Shizune:

"I walked up to the desk and said to her, 'Hey, you fascist woman! What is this badge idea?! How out of touch can you be, here in your ivory tower, smugly looking down at us like we're a bunch of idiots? Who do you think you are?! Your level of elitism is terrible! You're probably one of those outrageous rich people who have chaffeurs drive them around slums so they can point and laugh... and only drink pricey coffee beans shat out by the last living dinosaur and brewed in a solid gold skull!! And how could you? Go open up a history book; don't you know that the bourgeoisie are always overthrown in bloody revolution for shit like this?! Stupid! You're an idiot! Sure, the revolutionaries end up turning everything into an utter clusterfuck later on, but a maniac is the only kind of person who would create a policy like this... it's like something I would create to make people suffer, only real and you want to institutionalize it! Where will this desecration of our rights end?! We are people! This is not justice!' That's what I said. Then I added in a cry of 'They can take our things, BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOMM!!!' to appeal to the masses like in that movie about the life of William Wallace where they took his things but not his freedom. and then killed him. ...But she just ignored me and didn't even look up from writing in her little paper shit. Maybe I overwhelmed her with my logic, so badly that she just retreated into denial. Maybe she's just an asshole. Either way, she didn't reply, and the future refused to change."

Oh Kenji... you have so many more awesome moments in Shizune's path than the others... :3
For me, that´s been my favorite Kenji´s moment so far. Simply epic/insane.
When Yamaku is... ashes, you have my permission to die.
CowPrint

Post by CowPrint »

I really like the mentioning that everyone would be apart of a cloud in act 1 during Rin's path. I thought it was really beautiful and deep.
Ry74

Post by Ry74 »

I do like Hisao's internal narration at times.

This is the first time I've heard the words "I'll tutor you" used outside of dirty movies. I'm not nearly as turned on as I'd have expected.
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

some times its the thing not meant to be funny that crack me up lol (im weird)

Emi's Route Act 3 Storage space Personal lubricant, Lemon-flavored
Haseo

Post by Haseo »

Palas wrote:"But if I were going to kill someone, I'd do it by throwing them off the roof and making it look like an accident."

~Kenji, Emi's route, Act... 2, I guess
I....forgot he mentioned that in Emi's route. So... the Deep End of Act 1 is really something Kenji planned because He thinks you are part of the Feminist Conspiracy??
Sperance

Post by Sperance »

"It can't be helped, I think. ...but... if you say that... It makes me feel a little better."

Rin, Act 4 "Raison d'etre" after Hisao tells her that complete understanding is probably impossible but he wishes he could understand her anyway.

I loved that scene. Not only because it's actually the first time you see Rin blush, but because it was at that moment that I knew that, even if nothing was perfect and things wouldn't be easy, in the end everything would be all right.