what are the best quotes from the game?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

talhos

Re: your favorite quotes

Post by talhos »

Misha: "It's like half... cafe, half restaurant, half sophisticated, half... library..."

Hisao: "That's a lot of halves"
Routes played: Emi (good end) - Hanako(good end) - Lily(good end) - Rin (first try bad end, second try good end) - Shizune (playing now)

Favorites so far: Hanako - Lily - Emi - Rin
Azelas

Post by Azelas »

Kenji: "You're the new guy, so of course you wouldn't know, but around here she's a very divisive figure. Before you came here, she tried to institute a badge policy. It's a long story, so maybe you should sit down."

(I look around for a chair, but can't find one as we are in a goddamn hallway.)
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

Women are terrible at stabbing things.
~Kenji

BAHAHA OH GAWD
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
newnar

Post by newnar »

Hisao: No, you're more than that. I love you Hanako. I love you so much, that the thought of losing you frightened me so much...(Hanako arc)

I was literally saying this in my head even before the words were typed out on screen.
Brisingr

Post by Brisingr »

I'm wearing grape-scented cologne. ~Hisao

Shizune Act 3 "Dewey Decimated".
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

"Wahahahahaha~!"

That's become my new way of laughing at things.

:D
kedash

Post by kedash »

The realization that Rin is always serious hits me with its entire weight.
guest2

Post by guest2 »

Almost all of my favorite quotes come from Rin. She's downright hilarious, probably my favorite route. The one that immediately comes to mind is when she's strung out on codeine and says to Hisao, "Would you like me to show you the places?" [presumably talking about her dorm room], looks down at her half-dressed state, then, "Oh... I guess I already did." I lol'd.
Katawa Shoujo Piano Sheet Music Project
"Jellyfish are like people to me" - Me
"OH GOD MAH DRILLS" - yipyapper
thisismyname09

Post by thisismyname09 »

uwa wrote:I don't know why, but when this (image spoiler for Shizune's path) appeared on my screen I died laughing for over a minute.

For some stupid reason Misha wearing that just broke me. I still chuckle when I look at it. Maybe it's because it was the middle of the night. I also laughed out loud at Jigoro's opinion of Hisao's sweater mentioned earlier.
Oh, god, I know. Shizune's route was probably the funniest, between misha, kenji, and jigoro. Misha's shirt cracked me up so much I had to step away from the computer for a second.
guest2

Post by guest2 »

thisismyname09 wrote:
uwa wrote:I don't know why, but when this (image spoiler for Shizune's path) appeared on my screen I died laughing for over a minute.

For some stupid reason Misha wearing that just broke me. I still chuckle when I look at it. Maybe it's because it was the middle of the night. I also laughed out loud at Jigoro's opinion of Hisao's sweater mentioned earlier.
Oh, god, I know. Shizune's route was probably the funniest, between misha, kenji, and jigoro. Misha's shirt cracked me up so much I had to step away from the computer for a second.
Seconded. I busted out laughing irl when I saw that bush/cheney shirt. :lol:
UncleJellyfish

Post by UncleJellyfish »

From Rin's Act 2 scene, Dandelions:

Rin:
"You just look so sad all the time and become upset so easily and it makes me confused and I really don't remember about yesterday except that you came to my room and that's why it might be because of me so if it's because of me I think that I know why, it's because people don't really like talking to me and you might be the same and that would be sad I know that people and I'm talking about other than Emi too always say that I'm strange and that I talk strange things so I thought I'd try not to say strange things but that just makes me think more and new and strange and colorful that was not a good word but maybe you understand anyways and odd things so if I want to say something I don't really know how and then the words are not the same as the thoughts because something goes wrong on the way out but it's not like the thoughts are really the thing I should be saying it's more like the idea of the thought or the feeling of the idea or the idea of the feeling but it's not really any of those either because there is no word for it unless I invent a new one which is not really useful so I've been thinking if doing things is better than saying so maybe because of yesterday I took those pills and I was feeling a little strange I might have done something that I shouldn't besides I don't even know if it would be any better if I just could say the thought there is no telepathy that's real telepathy isn't there I think it'd be terrible and useful at the same time but right now I wouldn't mind because misunderstanding is so easy but understanding is not and I thought-"

Hisao:
"Take a breath."

My favorite by far.
Last edited by UncleJellyfish on Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a Jellyfish that just so happens to be someone's Uncle.
Rin♥ > Hanako > Shizune/Lilly > Emi
My Katawa Shoujo Impressions.
Katawa Shoujo - Written Novel Project
I hate spoiler tags, so I will never use them in discussion. If you don't want me to spoil something for you, then don't read what I write.
Woody Alien

Post by Woody Alien »

Well, where else could I get beaten with a phone that would make me unable to remember it? The ass?
-Kenji, one of the few times he actually made sense.

Should I wear my pink bowling shirt with matching shoes or the pastel green with flower accents?
-Kenji again, right after declaring bowling "the manliest sport".

Use the notepad! Write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write!
-Shizune

This one surprised me because I was expecting this from Misha, not Shizune. And that's why I love this game.

There will be surely more, I'm only at 33% completion.
Katawa Shoujo is a game that, by all accounts, shouldn't exist, but it does and we're happier because of it!
Shizune è una porcona

Click here for real-life Misha: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddy_mulk/8637512452/
Brisingr

Post by Brisingr »

Hisao thinking: My god Kenji! If you could only see the scheme unfolding!

Act 1 "Proper Exercise".
Last edited by Brisingr on Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guest2

Post by guest2 »

[ You didn't rescue Hideaki. That means you don't get the bonus points. If you were also being graded on style, I'd have to deduct points for a booooooring escape. ]
- Shizune
zanzarra

Post by zanzarra »

I need a shower.
- Emi route

Seriously, this comes up a lot in the beginning and it makes me chuckle everytime.
One day I'll put more than 15 minutes of work into an avatar. One day.