what are the best quotes from the game?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Sethkowns

Re: your favorite quotes

Post by Sethkowns »

"I was warned that he was not only invincible, but strong enough to probably destory the building with a punch, or at least knock over the painting hanging in the hallway." Hideaki
"I was warned that he was not only invincible, but strong enough to probably destory the building with a punch, or at least knock over the painting hanging in the hallway." Hideaki

Favorite Routes in Order: 1. Hanako 2. Lily 3. Emi 4. Kenji 5. Rin 6. Shizune
Game completion: 100% and aiming to still redo everyone's route.
Favorite Girl: Hanako!!!!!!!!
Oddball

Re: A word for a meal between lunch and dinner

Post by Oddball »

Paddy wrote:This isn't exactly my favourite quote, but I'm playing through again to see Rin, and this popped up:
Rin wrote:What word would you use then? There is no word for a meal you eat after lunch but before dinner, right?
I couldn't help but say:
TEA! TEA! FOR THE THOUSANDTH TIME, TEA!
Did this bother anyone else?
Hisao wrote:But the afternoon is slowly making way for the evening, so our lunch becomes more of a dinner. Or whatever the word for an irregular meal like this is.
TEA!!!
Silly,Paddy. Tea is a drink not a meal.
Not Dead Yet
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

BobBobberson wrote:
Raburesu wrote:Misha: "Shicchan's going to be fine, but I think I might die. Am I going to die, Hicchan?"
Where's this from? I don't recall seeing this
It's actually during Lilly's route, in Slow Steps 'Fore a Waltz. Lilly, Hanako, and Hisao have just returned from their trip to Hokkaido, and Misha is trying to get help from Hisao because she hasn't studied at all for the upcoming exams.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Ah, now I remember that line.

It's funny how it sounds so much more depressing when quoted out of context though.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Roamin12

Post by Roamin12 »

Spoiler tagging everything, just in case.
Lilly: "Healthy adolescent sex drive", "We're just two kids pretending to be adults aren't we?", and "Our pasts may be scattered and at times overshadowed by sadness, but they´re also an irrevocable part of our lives and personalities. Even if I could change a single thing, I wouldn´t, because my past was what led me here.

Hanako: "One guy. Two girls. In a dorm room. With a tea set.", "This is me. All of me.", and "I... IGOTTODOSOMETHING."

Emi: "But if I were going to kill someone, I'd do it by throwing them off the roof and making it look like an accident." (Yes, I know this was said by Kenji), "As long as you're alive you can keep going!", and "Anal"

Rin:"...Change is the scariest thing in the world to me. And I seriously don't know if I want to change into a person who could do the thing the teacher wants me to do. I don't know if I could even if I wanted to.", "I've got to use your window.", and "The problem is in your pants."

Shizune: Shizune: "[Why does he get to see your room and I can't? Is it a guy thing?] Hisao: It's not a secret club being a guy Kenji: It should be. With rings. Rings with big ass emblems. And gold!", "[Blue isn't a color]", and "It's like scientists managed to create a process to suck out all of the hyperactive, infuriating, and childish qualities of a small child and then implant them into the dad, creating a raging jerk dad, and leaving Hideaki."
First Play through: Lilly>Hanako>Emi>Rin>Shizune
Second Play Through: Hanako>Rin>Lilly>Shizune>Emi
I'm a music enthusiast.
Oogy

Post by Oogy »

"Use protection, every time."

You know who.
I don't normaly go on forums, but when I do, it's pretty damn sure that needed more of whatever it is the forums is about.
There just had to be -more- to "The Katawa Shoujo Experience". ( 100% completion D: )

100 pushup program, pretest: 55
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

"Yeah, I like doing it in a horizontal position more, if you know what I'm talking about."

No, Rin, I have no fucking clue what you're talking about.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
Hylan

Re: A word for a meal between lunch and dinner

Post by Hylan »

Paddy wrote:This isn't exactly my favourite quote, but I'm playing through again to see Rin, and this popped up:
Rin wrote:What word would you use then? There is no word for a meal you eat after lunch but before dinner, right?
I couldn't help but say:
TEA! TEA! FOR THE THOUSANDTH TIME, TEA!
Did this bother anyone else?
Hisao wrote:But the afternoon is slowly making way for the evening, so our lunch becomes more of a dinner. Or whatever the word for an irregular meal like this is.
TEA!!!
Oddly enough, in Scotland the word "Tea" usually means dinner, and "dinner" often means lunch.
On topic:
Not a line of dialogue, but when the musicbox starts playing in Lilly's god ending. Gets me every time.
bronko

Post by bronko »

Oogy wrote:"Use protection, every time."

You know who.
My favorite character by far 8)
I apologize for any grammatical and spelling mistake I may do. English is not my native language.

Post by Guest »

I heard someone say something about Emi's "rape face

ben

Post by ben »

"Anal"
Aspirin

Post by Aspirin »

§ Lilly
"Have I ever apologized for my blindness even once? You can't help the way you are born, Hisao. There's no point in apologizing for who you are. You are a beautiful person, Hisao. Please don't apologize for that."

"I love you, Hisao. I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you! Don't go away, I beg of you. Never ever, go away. I love you, so please...!" :cry:

§ Hanako
"Then, please accept my first gift to you, Hisao."

§ Emi
"Wanna swoop in your white charger and save the day? Stop the nightmares, the phantom limb pains? Restore what's lost? Well, you can't. Nobody can. Nobody will." :cry:

"Anal." :mrgreen:

§ Rin
"I'm having my period and I need some help regarding that. However, I don't feel that our relationship is yet on the level where I could allow you to pull my underwear down in the girls' toilet even if you offer to."

"I'm hugging you, Hisao."

§ Mutou
"This school is about giving you all a future that you would have been denied in regular education. Think of it this way. If we wanted you to graduate and go straight into a hospital, do you think we'd put in this much effort? "

§ Nomiya, Auguries of Innocence (William Blake)
"To see a World in a grain of sand
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour."

§ Hisao
"Like a statue. Or a zombie. A statue of a zombie." :D
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

Hanako
"This is me. All... of me. I know... Im not pretty... like Lilly. I just... wanted you... to see me. The real me."

Hisao and Lilly
In the feilds
Lilly
"I love you, Hisao. I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you! Dont go away, I beg of you. Never, ever go away. I love you, so please...!"

Hisao
"You idiot."

Lilly
"Hi... sao?"

Hisao
"I said it before, didn't I? It's only natural to feel concerned about those around you. Im still here, and Ill always be here, because I want to see you more each day. To share in your happiness, to support you in your sadness... But most of all, Ill still be here because I want to see your smile. Your true smile. Smile when you want to smile. Cry when you want to cry. I love you, Lilly. So you dont have to hold back any more."

Lilly
"Hisao! Hisao! Hisao!"

Hisao
"It's okay, Lilly. Ill never go away. I promise."

Back in the house
Lilly
"Don't apologize for it. Please dont."

Hisao
"Lilly?"

Lilly
"Have I ever apologized for my blindness, even once? You can't help the way you were born, Hisao. There's no point in apologizing for who you are. You are a beautiful person, Hisao. Please, don't ever apologize for that."

It isnt nearly as touching without all the narration text, but I still love it.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Emi's quote about keep going and going and eventually, you'll be great at it. (or I think it goes something like that.)
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
darkrei

Post by darkrei »

This sounds pretty unimportant,but when hanako says "i like singing...and computers,a-a little..." it's just so cute.
And also "here it is...my first gift"
And finally hisao's quote:"no,you're more than that,I love you hanako,and I was so frightened of losing you