what are the best quotes from the game?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Paragon

Re: what are the best quotes from the game?

Post by Paragon »

"I'd say 'see you tomorrow', but that would be like predicting the future, and I'm pretty sure I can't do that." - Rin
Stupid internet! Why can't you understand how I feel...?
Keita

Post by Keita »

"He´s slightly more predictable in his unpredictability" - Hisao about Mutou
Hanako=Lilly>Rin>(Misha)>Shizune>Emi 1089
Deli

Post by Deli »

toad

Post by toad »

Off topic: I just thought about it. There is a person out the world who is Rin's mind....An actual person.....Should we all be afraid?
Yuurei

Post by Yuurei »

According to the "favourite girl" poll's results, more than to be afraid we all should love that person.
Naevius

Post by Naevius »

Misha (translating for Shizune): "You're right, the difference between us is like heaven and hell."
Lilly: "And it's not hard to guess which one you might represent."

Misha: "Shicchan admires your fighting spirit and would be a benevolent dictator who would spare your people if you agree to join the student council! Hahahaha~!"

I love the entire Risk game--it's pretty much where Shizune definitively became my favorite character.

Hisao: "Damn. So it's true. The student council is really only you two."
Shizune's looks as if she's stuck wondering whether to be ashamed or explode with anger, and Misha is equally divided between laughing and trying to stop her.

Hisao: "Shizune is...well, not an idiot, but clearly, she's unable to just come out with things."

Hisao: "When he is pushed to the edge of despair, a man has no choice but to sink, or grasp at the fleeting wisps of hope, fight with all his power against the inevitabilities of his fate and struggle against the impossible. For even if he fails, at least fail knowing that he dared greatly...or something like that."

Misha (translating for Shizune): "Junk food is the essence of celebrations!"

Misha: "Misha, stop doing that! Wait... I'm Misha..."

And, of course:

Hisao: "The image of Shizune standing forcefully before the stars themselves, denying my self-pity, does not leave my mind easily. If...If it only takes a moment for there to be love, I think I may be falling in love with her. ...Just a little bit."

You know, I've never understood why some people were annoyed by Hisao's line there considering they've only known each other a week. If you ask my parents, both would tell you that theirs was a love at first sight. Get past the fact that their favorite pastime seems to be verbally sparring with each other and my dad's not good at showing his feelings, and you won't find a more devoted couple. That kind of thing doesn't happen often, but it DOES happen and I found that line to be a really sweet way to end Shizune's first act. But, you know, this isn't the thread for that topic, so I'll shut up.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Naevius wrote:Misha (translating for Shizune): "Junk food is the essence of celebrations!"
That line is not Misha translating for Shizune - it is a Misha original:

Mutou "...Please keep the meaning of this festival in your minds…"
Misha "Games and fried food!"
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Naevius

Post by Naevius »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Naevius wrote:Misha (translating for Shizune): "Junk food is the essence of celebrations!"

No, what I quoted was from "Throwing Balls" when Hisao asked "Are there any foods that aren't fried?" Shizune "..."s and Misha translates "Candy! Junk food is the essence of celebrations!" I just left out the "Candy!" part. Trust me, I was playing the game when I quoted this, so there's no chance it's wrong.
Anajamois

Post by Anajamois »

Hisao - I thought you didn't go outside.
Kenji - I wear a hat now.
I decide not to point out that he isn't wearing a hat.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Naevius wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:
No, what I quoted was from "Throwing Balls" when Hisao asked "Are there any foods that aren't fried?" Shizune "..."s and Misha translates "Candy! Junk food is the essence of celebrations!" I just left out the "Candy!" part. Trust me, I was playing the game when I quoted this, so there's no chance it's wrong.
The candy was Shizune but Misha added the extra portion; if i'm correct. So it would be just Misha because you left out "Candy!". I also think Misha added the exclamation point!
Last edited by neumanproductions on Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Naevius

Post by Naevius »

Bah. It's terribly difficult sometimes to figure out who's saying what with those two. I hope Hisao learns sign language quickly so he can translate Shizune's "..."s.

Regardless of who said it, I found the quote amusing.
Napalm

Post by Napalm »

Yuurei wrote:"I wonder; how much exactly someone must feel lonely to invent a game like that? But, before knowing what I'm doing, I find myself sights every step so that it lands on the right tiles." -Hisao
When I read the first part I was like "Fuck you, Hisao!".
I do it all the time, specially not stepping on the edge of tiles and trying to step only on the center. Also, when I was a kid, when crossing a street I'd try to step only on the white lines.

My most remembered quote would probably be

Misha: Stop doing that, Misha... Wait, I'm Misha.
Nyo ho ho~
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Naevius wrote:Bah. It's terribly difficult sometimes to figure out who's saying what with those two. I hope Hisao learns sign language quickly so he can translate Shizune's "..."s. Regardless of who said it, I found the quote amusing.
That just got me thinking, when Hisao does learn sign_language we will get to see words in the place where "..." once stood. Or the devs could be devious and still maintain the iconic "..."s with Hisao narrating everything that Shizune is saying.
That actually is a very interesting question I pose.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Naevius

Post by Naevius »

I was just thinking that in the place of Shizune's "..."s it'd be something like "<I'm subverting the Tsundere archetype, Hisao!>" with the <> to designate that it's a translation. No telling how or if they'll do it, though.