what are the best quotes from the game?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

YZQ

Re: what are the best quotes from the game?

Post by YZQ »

300BillionDegrees wrote:
Charmant wrote:
Rhodri wrote:But the instant I try to put it into words I feel that I lose something, it doesn’t feel as real, as true as it did inside my head.
Having experienced a few times the scenario of something in my head being damn near impossible to adequately translate and tormenting myself for hours on end trying to put it to words, I can say that the feeling really sucks.
A few times? This is my whole damned life :(
Only way to improve is to write it down somewhere. May not be a diary, but just take time off to pen down the feeling. The writing may suck initially, you don't feel like continuing, but press on. Perhaps magic may appear one day.
Charmant wrote:
Nantes wrote:Hisao: "Do you ever... regret that you can't see what things look like for yourself? It's just something I've been thinking about."
Lilly thinks carefully for a time.
Lilly: "Do you ever regret that you can't hear people whispering on the other side of a room?"

She has a very good point there! It got me thinking.
I often regret that though...
Is it me, or do I interpret that line as Lily teasing Hisao that she has sharper hearing because she can't see, and so might hear things which he may not be able to?
SpunkySix wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:
Charmant wrote:"Try as I might to picture this mystery sister, all I can think of is Lilly in a suit. And I can't imagine that not being attractive. Not at all. "

Mmmm.
He's not exactly wrong. Akira? Woof. :wink:
Not wrong in the slightest.
Girls in dresses are overrated. In fact, if I every do marry, I do expect my bride to agree to a suit on the wedding day.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
300BillionDegrees

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

YZQ wrote:
300BillionDegrees wrote:
Charmant wrote:Having experienced a few times the scenario of something in my head being damn near impossible to adequately translate and tormenting myself for hours on end trying to put it to words, I can say that the feeling really sucks.
A few times? This is my whole damned life :(
Only way to improve is to write it down somewhere. May not be a diary, but just take time off to pen down the feeling. The writing may suck initially, you don't feel like continuing, but press on. Perhaps magic may appear one day.
I did that once over in the blooper reels thread. I recently went back and put spoiler tags over the story to prevent accidental brain damage to any who might stumble across it :?

It did feel good to get it out of my head, but words aren't really my thing. I've been trying desperately to try and relearn drawing and painting and whatnot so I could get all these visions I have out of my head, but it's very difficult :(
kimono

Post by kimono »

I don't have a memory as good as some people, so I'll stick to just sentences and not parts of a conversation :lol:

"Walls are starting to fall apart, even if it hurts so much"

"Stop Hisao! Just this time... let me worry about you just these time"

And of course, the best way to end a route:

"Hey, Hisao... Which is the word you use when in your heart knows that everything is fine?"

edit: Ah, yeah, I forgot this one:

"I don't think Rin wants to be understood."

Poor, poor Rin.

P.D. I guess that the quotes are not exactly like that, but I don't remember the exact words.
Routes: Lily>Rin>Hanako>Emi>Shizune
brythain

Post by brythain »

Kenji, Hisao and Shizune have met at the entrance to Hisao's room in Shizune's Act 4.
Kenji is attempting to communicate with Shizune.

Hisao: "No, stay out of this. I'll have to translate anything you say to her, and I'm not sure if I could even handle it. And she'll probably misunderstand it, and then you'll probably misunderstand the reply, and I'll have to translate your rebuttal."

Kenji (smiling): "Rebuttal? Why would I rebutt? I like my butt."

Shizune (frustrated): "What is he saying?"

Hisao: "He says he has no rebuttal."

Shizune (puzzled): "Rebuttal to what? I haven't even begun to challenge him yet."
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
layarion

Re: your favorite quotes

Post by layarion »

Xanatos wrote:"Wait, I'm Misha!"
that one when i seen it got me good