Hanako's Face

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mirage_GSM

Re: Hanako's Face

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Doesn't it say "Dakimakura"?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Keita

Post by Keita »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Doesn't it say "Dakimakura"?
That´s what it is and that´s something I know but he didn´t say "Dakimakura"! And "Daikatana" is too fundamentally different from it so I was not sure if this was a mistake or on purpose with a meaning behind.
Hanako=Lilly>Rin>(Misha)>Shizune>Emi 1089
PureLionHeart

Post by PureLionHeart »

Keita wrote:
Guest wrote:The scar patterns on Pimmy's Daikatana are canon. She got an H CG to compare them to.

http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/1528
Am I the only one who doesn´t know what Pimmy´s big japanese sword (aka "Daikatana") is?
I have a theory, but it is so dark, disturbing, and sexy, I dare not put it into words.
"We ruin the countries we govern and the people in our care. We slaughter our enemies, and sacrifice all our allies. We'll keep killing until there's nothing left but to destroy ourselves. It will never be enough. We are incorrigible warmongers, aren't we?"
Keita

Post by Keita »

PureLionHeart wrote:
Keita wrote:
Guest wrote:The scar patterns on Pimmy's Daikatana are canon. She got an H CG to compare them to.

http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/1528
Am I the only one who doesn´t know what Pimmy´s big japanese sword (aka "Daikatana") is?
I have a theory, but it is so dark, disturbing, and sexy, I dare not put it into words.
Now you´ve made me interested. I´ve some ideas what you´re thinking of but the word "sexy" doesn´t fit into it...
Hanako=Lilly>Rin>(Misha)>Shizune>Emi 1089
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Nice derail, guys.

And by "nice", I really mean "closing on the edge of banworthy" here.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Qaenyin

Post by Qaenyin »

Figuring her scarring looks something along those lines. It's superficial scarring, not deep tissue damage. She got burned in a fire, not set ON fire.
Yuurei

Post by Yuurei »

You're great. I searched for scars like those a lot and never find. I see them exactly on her.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Qaenyin wrote:She got burned in a fire, not set ON fire.
Now why do I have the feeling that this is going to be used in some way, shape, or form either in the final release as a joke that someone will make about poor Hanako, Kenji, or the next poplar meme.

But those images are indeed the same idea I had of what Hanako's scars would look like IRL. An issue of how the skin cells try to re-grow after a severe burning is what has caused these types of scars. It's like scars from chicken poxs or acne for example; they leave a lasting, i'll say divot, in the spot where the skin tried to grow but was blocked by the infection. In this case the cells would have built heavily on top of each other trying to repair the damage because the body can only work from the inside-out so it must cover the damaged area; most commonly know as the scab. You can sometimes think of the raised portions as scabs that never fell off.
At least that's my take on this.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Qaenyin

Post by Qaenyin »

True. Essentially her scars are very visible if you scrutinize her appearance, but are subtle enough to be not obvious if you just see her.

Really obvious and serious scarring like the earlier pictures in the thread would have been noticed by Hisao at a glance, whereas Hanako's scars went relatively unnoticed until he got a good look at her.

The acne example is a good one. Someone who had very serious acne as a kid would have severe facial scarring and pockmarks on their skin, but if you just saw them from a distance or at a glance you wouldn't notice since the scars are more about the texture of the skin and not severe discoloration, warping of facial features, etc.
Chevauleger

Post by Chevauleger »

I guess it could be similiar to this (its photoshopped tough). About 1/3 of her face was burnt to probably 2nd degree (3rd degree would boil her eye nearly for sure). Considering it took place nearly 10 years ago and than it doesnt look too bad in game i bet this is quite close, her skin isnt probably as smooth tough.

Also she can get a plastic surgery for her face at least, people in far worse condition and with much larger scars are often reviwed to pretty normal look.

Post by Guest »

Also you can watch this girls videos i guess thats as close as it can get
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

I imagine that Hanako's scar is so much worst that makes people jumps and avoid her.

But then again, i have never really see 'real' burn scars before.
so i would like to ask, how bad can a burn become?
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
Chevauleger

Post by Chevauleger »

It can't be 3rd degree becouse it would sirously damage her eye as i mentioned. People just focus on her face first when they see her what in conjuction with her shyness and complexes make both side feel akward. I guess her scars are like those of the girl from second vid who suffered same accidnt as Hanako.
Medical Psycho Man

Post by Medical Psycho Man »

I will verify some stuff for you from medical point of view. What kind of scars Hanako proabably has on her face?

3rd degree burns mean skin is just totally burnt, fat layer and even muscles can be damaged too. Skin transplants are in most cases mandatory in order to save pacient. If Hanako suffered this degree her eye would be burnt out and proably 1/3 of her face (the scared part) would be bit shapless and covered with transplant or freash skin. rest of her face would proably suffer lower degree bruns as its nearly impossible for live fire to burn such small area so extensively without damaging sorounding area at all. We can disard this option.

1 degree burns Top layers of skin can be slightly burnt but generally only surface is damaged. With propaer treatment person can be left nearly scarless withot any transplants.
Hanako proabably suffered such burns in areas sorouding heavier burns.

2nd degree burns Depper skin damage that can destroy surface layers entirely but not go past it. Depending on treatment and patient's case scars can vary but generally they can be healed pretty well. Skin might not be very smooth and have slightly difreant colour like orangeish, pinkish or whiteish (depending on skin tone nad few otehr things) but as long as it covers 1/3 of one's face or any other comaparble area it wont be looking really scary or ugly. On most pictures Hanako scars look like that and thats the kind of burns she could suffer.
1st degree would leave nearly no scars and 3rd degree would melt half of her face including her eye and ear which are officially fine.

Also the smaller and flatterr (like cheeks) burn is it's easier to be covered with skin transplant. Rebuilding a nose, ears, mouth is often pretty chalanging but transplantaion of flat piece of skin onto sombodys cheek is rather trivial task. Hanako can get rid of her face scars pretty easily if wants too, it may cost her a bit tough.

Psychological state
Burns are not as terrible as Hanakos mental scars are. First of all they are conected to tragic memories: death of her parents, lonely life on orphanage, beeing loathed by other kids.
She became shut in and fearfull of others people, a mere looks at her face was enough to startle her as it was remind her of all those sad experiences. People werent able to became friends with her not becouse of their disgust towards her look but becouse of the mental barier (as its mentioned in game most of classmates tried to be friends with her with mostly pure intentiones). Starngers avoided looking at her becouse of the way she reacted to it not becouse of her looks. Just like at the antiqe shop where it's owner started for a bit on her face and seeing her reaction he imediality pulled away trying not to burden her too much.
I am a psychologist mainly and i know cases where arguably lightly scared girls displayed huge complexes about her body, espiecially in intersexual relationships. Hanako's case is magnified by her dark past what makes her much mroe fragile than others would be.
Medical Psycho Man

Post by Medical Psycho Man »

Aditionally please difreance burn wounds from burn scars. Harvey Dent would be surely dead within hours as his burns go even beyoond 3rd degree mad spaon over 50% of his body. Carbonized skin and flesh like his is burn wound. Hanako has just some old scars which may be slightly less smooth than her normal skin and have difreant colour. Remember that its first world country with good care so watching some photos of african war victims or arabian etc bomb victims is not a good reference.