Crippled/Heart

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Sessha

Crippled/Heart

Post by Sessha »

Joke-ISH thread.

/a/ wants a Melty Blood version of KS. Concensus has seemed to name it "Crippled/Heart".

And the /a/ssholes have crazy ideas. All the girl's are murderous.

Hanako has wierd pyrokinetic powers like Akiha, Lily has turned into a crazy yandere girl with a rabid dog and a beating cane, and Rin can apparently do gravity-defying kicks and jumps all over the place.

Just wanted to let you guys in on this, if the original game ever gets finished soon.

How do you like the idea of adding more work to the pile even after the game is finished?
Emi> Lilly is a grizzly bear
<Sessha> THAT'S NOT A FRIENDLY CREATURE OF THE SEA
<climatic> FUCK YEAH UNDERWATER BEAR
<Emi> OH YES IT IS SO. EVER HEARD OF BEARS IN A SUBMARINE?
<Sessha> DAMMIT YOU GUYS
TcDohl

Re: Crippled/Heart

Post by TcDohl »

This has been discussed in the IRC channel, and here are some ideas I remember we have.
Sessha wrote:Rin can apparently do gravity-defying kicks and jumps all over the place.
She'd also have a special move where she paints your death... and it happens.
Sessha wrote:Lily has turned into a crazy yandere girl with a rabid dog and a beating cane
She is wearing her Chinese dress and is using T'ai Chi, and uses her cane in the same way as a Chinese sword.
<@Delta_Kurshiva> I'm tiny~

[10:43] <@A22> Damn Dohl never changes, all he thinks about is ass
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

It sounds super. I'd play it.

However, this team probably should (could?) not make a fighting game. Most of that is programming and making animations right, something we are not really geared for with our extensive writing staff and sole artist and programmer.

I guess the writing team could think of the special move names and a cheesy backstory i and i could crunch the numbers for the game balance with Tc while Syu draws the girls in hot action poses. Sounds good Y/N?
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Sessha

Post by Sessha »

TcDohl wrote:This has been discussed in the IRC channel, and here are some ideas I remember we have.
Sessha wrote:Rin can apparently do gravity-defying kicks and jumps all over the place.
She'd also have a special move where she paints your death... and it happens.
Sessha wrote:Lily has turned into a crazy yandere girl with a rabid dog and a beating cane
She is wearing her Chinese dress and is using T'ai Chi, and uses her cane in the same way as a Chinese sword.
Ah. So you guys like it more of a fighting game. I was liking the idea of a MB-ish plot where everybody is as muderous as hilarious, but I like the idea of Lily in a Chinese dress a lot.
<Sessha> DAMMIT YOU GUYS
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Disclaimer: i have no idea what kind of a game Melty Blood is, except that it has 2d fighting.

At any rate, discussing our *next* project is beyond silly but yeah, fighting games.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Syureria

Post by Syureria »

I wouldn't mind jumping directly into another project with this team once we finish this one
TcDohl

Post by TcDohl »

Syureria wrote:I wouldn't mind jumping directly into another project with this team once we finish this one
Well, I've got at least one very good ideas for what comes next for this ragtag team, but that's a long ways off and we should concentrate on this.

But until then, we have two choices, both visual novels. One choice is called "Feral Girl" and the other one is called "Gaijin Girls".
<@Delta_Kurshiva> I'm tiny~

[10:43] <@A22> Damn Dohl never changes, all he thinks about is ass
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

I would totally be down for writing up highly implausible biographies for the characters of the ol' Crippled/Heart--but alas!

I fear we don't have any animators to make the dream a reality.

As for another visual novel, I suspect that sort of decision will be made after I see whether or not my writing on this one turns out to be any good, though I certainly wouldn't say no to the idea out of hand.

After all, this whole experience has thus far been one hell of an opportunity to force myself to work on a schedule, as well as, you know, work on dialog (something which I've never been satisfied with, ever). I can't imagine not doing another one if this one turns out well.
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

A word to the wise: Brawlers are notoriously hard to code, even harder to balance, not to mention the very special requirements on the art (a lot of it, and it has to be well-animated to boot). There's a very good reason that most brawlers made by non-professionals tend to be not very fun at all (hell, the original Melty Blood is one of the best and it's horrible to play).
Sessha

Post by Sessha »

delta wrote:A word to the wise: Brawlers are notoriously hard to code, even harder to balance, not to mention the very special requirements on the art (a lot of it, and it has to be well-animated to boot). There's a very good reason that most brawlers made by non-professionals tend to be not very fun at all (hell, the original Melty Blood is one of the best and it's horrible to play).
I don't know a lot about programming, but is MB pretty open like MUGEN? MUGEN is a load a crap, but if we can get inside MB itself, can't we just cannibalize the nuts and bolts what's there the same way? Or is that plagarism?

Theoretically, if no one's squeamish about it, we could simply even just patch MB so that it plays the Crippled/Heart girls.

...Though...then everybody'd complain about how similar it is and how we just killed the number of characters one could use....

That's a big point everybody. There are five girls and one main character. We'd need more side characters to be a real game.
<Sessha> DAMMIT YOU GUYS
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

There are quite many side characters. Misha, Kenji, Yuuko, Muto, Nomiya, Nurse and probably a few more students and teachers who i forgot or are unnamed.
Penguinmayhem

Post by Penguinmayhem »

Aura wrote:There are quite many side characters. Misha...
QUADDRILL ATTACK!
Sessha

Post by Sessha »

Misha is going to be a closet favorite looking back on it.

You guys sure that we can't add another path...?

This is going to end up with all the Anonymous crying about where their "Aya/Gaypuff" path is (from Yume Miru Kusuri) all over again.
<Sessha> DAMMIT YOU GUYS
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

We have discussed Misha's status at least a dozen times ever since she was created back in May or so. We are pretty sure.
Sessha

Post by Sessha »

Oh. Okay then. Sorry to bring up old decisions.
<Sessha> DAMMIT YOU GUYS