What you WOULD have wanted to happen in the story

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Re: What you WOULD want to happen in the story

Post by Shades of gray »

I want the kenji path to = misha path, or harem.... or Psyco!Hisao rape path hmmm... actually, scratch that last one
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
vaelant

Post by vaelant »

A dark side to Hanako. Something really sinister that wouldn't be expected from a character like that. Like in School days with Kotonoha going mad and all, but then that would sound plausible for Hanako, I'd imagine that she has some idea that no one will ever love her, and when the only person that did stops/dies, she wouldn't except it and go insane, or curl up in a ball and never be seen again
Hanako > Shizune > Lily > Rin > Ami
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

vaelant wrote:A dark side to Hanako. Something really sinister that wouldn't be expected from a character like that. Like in School days with Kotonoha going mad and all, but then that would sound plausible for Hanako, I'd imagine that she has some idea that no one will ever love her, and when the only person that did stops/dies, she wouldn't except it and go insane, or curl up in a ball and never be seen again
Actually, because Hanako is the 'quiet one' with emotional damage, she's the girl you'd most likely expect to go yandere. It's Rin and Shizune that are least likely.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
vaelant

Post by vaelant »

True, but in my head, id imagine the yandere effect would be lost with shizune, as she would have to sign it, it just imagine a lot of the slowed down speech effect would be gone. Also I think her confidence in herself would kind of prevent her going yandere. Seeing as all then yandere i know of tend to either have no self esteem, or something generally wrong in their head. Though being unable to talk to 99% of the world, I guess she would have no ability to talk to someone about it, besides Misha, and probably lose it.
Rin... Now that would be interesting how that's pulled off
Sgt_Frog

Post by Sgt_Frog »

G3n0c1de wrote:
vaelant wrote:A dark side to Hanako. Something really sinister that wouldn't be expected from a character like that. Like in School days with Kotonoha going mad and all, but then that would sound plausible for Hanako, I'd imagine that she has some idea that no one will ever love her, and when the only person that did stops/dies, she wouldn't except it and go insane, or curl up in a ball and never be seen again
Actually, because Hanako is the 'quiet one' with emotional damage, she's the girl you'd most likely expect to go yandere. It's Rin and Shizune that are least likely.
Shizune is more likely to go yandere than Emi. Emi would most likely throw herself into her exercise routine, be hospitalized for extreme exhaustion and eventually go into a depression spiral. Shizune would probably pull a "If I can't have you, no one can!" type thing.
vaelant

Post by vaelant »

Sgt_Frog wrote:
G3n0c1de wrote:
Shizune is more likely to go yandere than Emi. Emi would most likely throw herself into her exercise routine, be hospitalized for extreme exhaustion and eventually go into a depression spiral. Shizune would probably pull a "If I can't have you, no one can!" type thing.
That was the conclusion i was starting to some to, considering she cant communicate with 99% of people, i'd imagine meeting new people is rather difficult. She also wont be able to confide in people. Although, maybe she could be okay with it, but Misha talks her into it as Misha is the only person she can really talk to
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

vaelant wrote:That was the conclusion i was starting to some to, considering she cant communicate with 99% of people, i'd imagine meeting new people is rather difficult. She also wont be able to confide in people. Although, maybe she could be okay with it, but Misha talks her into it as Misha is the only person she can really talk to
She can communicate with anyone who can read and write. That covers most people she'll ever meet.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
vaelant

Post by vaelant »

Aura wrote: She can communicate with anyone who can read and write. That covers most people she'll ever meet.
But that would get tedious really, and conversations would be reasonably slow. In a practical view
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

vaelant wrote:
Aura wrote: She can communicate with anyone who can read and write. That covers most people she'll ever meet.
But that would get tedious really, and conversations would be reasonably slow. In a practical view
You meet people by the Internet. You post, you use a communicator, that slow?
No.
They have to get used to it then.
vaelant

Post by vaelant »

Smoku wrote:
vaelant wrote:
You meet people by the Internet. You post, you use a communicator, that slow?
No.
They have to get used to it then.
But its not just meeting people, as far as I know from the story, the only person she really talks to is Misha, getting close to someone like that is the problem I mean. Although there probably is a website for deaf people to hook up, there's something for everyone now D:
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Website? There's an entire deaf subculture. And that's pretty much due to communication.
vaelant

Post by vaelant »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:Website? There's an entire deaf subculture. And that's pretty much due to communication.
I wouldn't really call it a sub-culture, but i do know that every language has its own sign language. Which confused me, i though it was universal.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Back to yandere Shizune, it is hard for her to connect with others because of the communication barrier. But she doesn't seem affected by this, in fact, it appears that this is how she lives life. She has Misha, and that's all she needs. Because of her personality, she seems cold, and she pushes people away. But she's used to this. So her inner strength is the reason she won't go yandere.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

vaelant wrote:
Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:Website? There's an entire deaf subculture. And that's pretty much due to communication.
I wouldn't really call it a sub-culture, but i do know that every language has its own sign language. Which confused me, i though it was universal.
There's a proposed universal sign language, but I don't know how common it is. What's even stranger is that American and UK sign languages are different. American is more similar to sign language in France.

But I would call deaf a subculture, in a stronger sense than most other subcultures in that it has its own language(s). The outer fringes of deaf culture don't consider deafness a disability, only a difference, and some are even against treatments like Cochlear implants, partly because it could eventually wipe out deaf culture. There are even arguments if someone like Misha is part of deaf culture or not. About the only mainstream notice was in 1988 when Gallaudet U. was shut down for a week by protests to get a deaf president (they got one, BTW).

I hope this isn't too off-topic; it's the sort of thing Shizune would be all over.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

The Deaf culture definitely is not offtopic (though it's a bit of a derail in this thread, even if it is like three thousand times more interesting subject than speculating whether some character is yandere or not). It's a significant phenomenon. Anyway you all forget that Yamaku has around 100 other deaf kids for Shizune to talk with in her native language. The communication barrier (that is real, even if you can talk through writing with anyone) is less of an issue when a significant amount of people you socialize with daily actually know sign language.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents