What you WOULD have wanted to happen in the story

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Member22

Re: What you WOULD want to happen in the story

Post by Member22 »

ContinualNaba wrote:Just because they say it don't mean it's true. Especially wit Aura, that rascally fellow.
Maybe Rin's path only? But idk... I'd prefer that it would happen in all good endings... it makes Hisao a stronger character
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Member22 wrote:
ContinualNaba wrote:Just because they say it don't mean it's true. Especially wit Aura, that rascally fellow.
Maybe Rin's path only? But idk... I'd prefer that it would happen in all good endings... it makes Hisao a stronger character
I believe Aura said it as a joking remark because of the wording.
Aura wrote:Hisao dies at the age of 34 leaving behind his loving wife [insert name here] and two daughters ;_;
Having a remark on how this could be easily said about any of the paths, and because the original topic was just to make comments on how Hisao must "own up" to his condition. What else is there to say but 'he dies, the end'.

And yes, I agree that Aura is not to willy nilly about giving out information.
And in reality I don't think it makes Hisao really a strong character to have him always die young. Once is alright, but for all the girls is just to feeble. Also, where does that place the girl in this manner?

Emi would feel like it was her fault some how.
Hanako would lose another person close to her.
Shizune, if Misha disappears, loses one of her few friends it seems.
Lilly I don't know about.
Rin might end up being more philosophical about the whole thing so I think she would manage.

I know they would be older but still you don't lose your personality to a large degree from when you were an older teen.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

Member22 wrote:
The only way I can see it at this point how a death at the end of a path could remotely be considered good is if it would happen to Hanako to give her full circle and show her growth as a character by portraying how much she has changed from an introverted person who has had her childhood be consumed by tragedy to a young woman who is not crippled by her fear to shape her own future - in fact this process is already beginning because she is warming up to Hisao out of her own free will and through some gentle nudging by the player. :)

Still, to die young in an epilogue, quasi as an afterthought seems to be realistic but ultimately pointless to Hisao's personality and thus his character, although the effect on the player would probably be really interesting to see.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Deimos wrote:The only way I can see it at this point how a death at the end of a path could remotely be considered good is if it would happen to Hanako to give her full circle and show her growth as a character by portraying how much she has changed from an introverted person who has had her childhood be consumed by tragedy to a young woman who is not crippled by her fear to shape her own future - in fact this process is already beginning because she is warming up to Hisao out of her own free will and through some gentle nudging by the player. :)
Of course, the dark reversal of this good end would be a bad end where Hisao dies, and Hanako has only learned to rely on him for emotional support. The depression, and perhaps guilt from this, added on to her preexisting complexes would be the straw that breaks the camel's back, and she would be driven to suicide, or perhaps institutionalized.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Akroma

Post by Akroma »

sorry I have to spoil the party, but unless you for some strange reason count Iwanako, whomever path you chose, this would be Hisao's first girlfriend

statisticaly speaking, it is more than probable that they are not going to marry.

they could have a wonderful relationship for all that matters, lasting for many months, possibly years. But chances are, they will eventually have some problems, develop an interest for other people, or one of the many other things that could occur

since the game only covers 3 months (or something), unless one of the writers deems it proper to add a short epilogue "and they lived happily after until death part them", I doubt the actual progress of the relationship after the 3 months will not be mentioned

there will be no canon-ending of what happens afterwards and how many children will emerge
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

Ah, this is how such a relationship would likely develop in real life.
But this isn't about real life here. This is a beautiful little romantic story, a fairytale about a boy with a broken heart (literally and figuratively) who arrives in a strange new place and despite all hardships, finds the love of his life and helps her overcome whatever difficulties she suffers (it's most obvious right now in Hanako's case, but I'm pretty sure that every girl is going to go through some hard times during the story. We need some sort of conflict).
probably.
It wouldn't be totally nonsensical for them to marry, because this is a story. But of course, it would also make a lot of sense for them not to. It's still a nice story though, I think.
Just my opinion about it.
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

G3n0c1de wrote:Of course, the dark reversal of this good end would be a bad end where Hisao dies, and Hanako has only learned to rely on him for emotional support. The depression, and perhaps guilt from this, added on to her preexisting complexes would be the straw that breaks the camel's back, and she would be driven to suicide, or perhaps institutionalized.
Precisely, even the most lucid explanation why death could be a moment of grandeur for a certain character needs only a new perspective or slightly readjusted parameters to reemphasize the implications of man's mortality and the loss those left behind have to endure.
Akroma wrote:sorry I have to spoil the party, but unless you for some strange reason count Iwanako, whomever path you chose, this would be Hisao's first girlfriend

statisticaly speaking, it is more than probable that they are not going to marry.

they could have a wonderful relationship for all that matters, lasting for many months, possibly years. But chances are, they will eventually have some problems, develop an interest for other people, or one of the many other things that could occur

since the game only covers 3 months (or something), unless one of the writers deems it proper to add a short epilogue "and they lived happily after until death part them", I doubt the actual progress of the relationship after the 3 months will not be mentioned

there will be no canon-ending of what happens afterwards and how many children will emerge
The actual game may focus extensively on the first three months of Hisao settling in at Yamaku but that is if one excludes the prologue and while all of the paths will be taking place in these three months there is no point in speculating whether there is a mandatory epilogue that allows a brief glimpse into the future or none at all.
But we need to acknowledge that we are talking about a fictional story that contains "True Love", something that is even contained in the address of the website and because of this it can thankfully ignore empirical evidence regarding how first relationships usually fare.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
Keita

Post by Keita »

Deimos wrote:The actual game may focus extensively on the first three months of Hisao settling in at Yamaku but that is if one excludes the prologue and while all of the paths will be taking place in these three months there is no point in speculating whether there is a mandatory epilogue that allows a brief glimpse into the future or none at all.
But we need to acknowledge that we are talking about a fictional story that contains "True Love", something that is even contained in the address of the website and because of this it can thankfully ignore empirical evidence regarding how first relationships usually fare.
And even in real life it´s not impossible to marry your first girlfriend. My uncle did it and they still live happily together!
Hanako=Lilly>Rin>(Misha)>Shizune>Emi 1089
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Member22 wrote:I'd prefer that it would happen in all good endings... it makes Hisao a stronger character
Just how does dieing make anybody a stronger character?
Character-development could happen by the way a character reacts to impending death. Said reaction could be an indication whether the character was a "strong" or a "weak" one. But no character will be better just by dieing...
On second thought, there might be some characters who would be better dead...
(Just ignore the german text...)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Member22

Post by Member22 »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Just how does dieing make anybody a stronger character?
Character-development could happen by the way a character reacts to impending death. Said reaction could be an indication whether the character was a "strong" or a "weak" one. But no character will be better just by dieing...
Without a doubt, I agree that ONLY dying doesn't make a stronger character... but idk... I think I have seen way too many happy endings in other VN's and they are just too sweet/saturated/unreal. When mortality is brought into the story, it makes the story a lot more tragic, the stakes are raised, there is much more to be lost, tension builds up etc it tends to remind me a lot more on real life... but thats my opinion
Mirage_GSM wrote:On second thought, there might be some characters who would be better dead...
(Just ignore the german text...)
Lol, just judging from the pics... I could see where you're coming from :lol:
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Member22 wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:Just how does dieing make anybody a stronger character?
Without a doubt, I agree that ONLY dying doesn't make a stronger character... but idk... I think I have seen way too many happy endings in other VN's and they are just too sweet/saturated/unreal. When mortality is brought into the story, it makes the story a lot more tragic, the stakes are raised, there is much more to be lost, tension builds up etc it tends to remind me a lot more on real life... but thats my opinion
That's actually not having the PoV character die. You are going from Hisao's PoV so if he dies what do you really get to see unless the devs show what happens afterwards; they didn't on the Manly Picnic ending but there really wasn't much developed yet so i'll give them that. If you were to kill off someone it would be the female (or Kenji) role as that would be the part that would effect you, as Hisao, the most and further the story. There just isn't a real reason to kill any of them off though. Then again, I can only imagine where the devs thoughts are and speculate.

M22: You can delete your own posts you know. The devs don't need to do it for you.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

If you were to kill off someone it would be the female (or Kenji) role as that would be the part that would effect you, as Hisao, the most and further the story. There just isn't a real reason to kill any of them off though. Then again, I can only imagine where the devs thoughts are and speculate.
Apparently, many here would like to see Misha die somewhere during the Shizune route (or are we already over with the whole "Misha has cancer" theory?). So who knows, you might get your wish, in an indirect sort of way.
And if we are already on the topic, since this is a "What would you want to happen" thread, how many of you really, actually want Misha to die? I mean, sure she's annoying but... that's being a bit mean, isn't it?
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

neumanproductions wrote:Looking back I, probably against popular opinion, would want Hisao to have another attack later in the Emi route, or any of the other girls except Rin. Hanako would be in complete shock. Rin wouldn't have that issue and I just don't see her reacting to worried; at least early in the route. Again Rin really is a hard one to peg, which is why I like her so much.
I really liked one of the fan stories that had Hisao have an episode while he was with Rin, so she had to get his pills and feed them to him mouth-to-mouth. Tension, drama, sexy kissing, armless Rin to the rescue, all at once.
Scarlet Fox

Post by Scarlet Fox »

I recently re-watched Angel Beats! episode 10 (Yui's episode) and I wondered how Katawa Shoujo would be like with a girl who can't move anything but her head. I know it won't happen, but it would be interesting to see that. It was really heart-warming (though felt a bit forced) when Hinata said he'd accept her even if she couldn't move, and then they showed some images and scenes of what life could have been like if they met and fell in love while they're still living.

Add it in the expansion, along with the Misha, Akira, and Nomiya route.
Member22

Post by Member22 »

neumanproductions wrote:M22: You can delete your own posts you know. The devs don't need to do it for you.
I know how to, but it doesn't let me, it says that post cannot be deleted idk why..