What you WOULD have wanted to happen in the story

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

kosherbacon

Re: What you WOULD want to happen in the story

Post by kosherbacon »

I too wonder how the Nakais would react to seeing their son bring home a disfigured/deaf-mute/foreign girl.
Bara

Post by Bara »

kosherbacon wrote:I too wonder how the Nakais would react to seeing their son bring home a disfigured/deaf-mute/foreign girl.
I bet their first thought would be, "OMG, what if he has a heart attack during sex with her.". Parent tend to go to the worst case scenario first with their kids.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

I'm also wondering whether or not they'd be worried about appearances and reputation, since Hisao doesn't look disabled. Probably wouldn't be a huge difference with Emi, Shizune would be more an issue of difficulties interacting, while Rin's and Hanako's issues are quite obvious. Also, there's that blind foreign-looking amazon.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

kosherbacon wrote:Also, there's that blind foreign-looking amazon.
I would think that would be the same thing as if I brought a girl from Japan or something to meet my parents. Actually I sometimes imagined it, probably the same with Hisao and Lilly in that case.
Otherwise I don't think his parents would be that weirded out, more like some of the nice fic on her involving this topic. I think it might be awkward but they would easily adjust for they only wish to see their son happy; once again the same with my family.
Last edited by neumanproductions on Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

I have a suspicion Hisao's family is going to be a non-issue at this point. Don't bet money on it, though.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
EDiot

Post by EDiot »

neumanproductions wrote:
kosherbacon wrote:Also, there's that blind foreign-looking amazon.
I would think that would be the same thing as if I brought a girl from Japan or something to meet my parents. Actually I sometimes imagined it, probably the same with Hisao and Lilly in that case.
Not quite. Japan is, as a culture, much less open-minded and tolerant of foreigners than most other first-world countries. Reaction would probably be similar to if Hisao brought home a man, if Lilly is foreign-looking enough.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

EDiot wrote:Reaction would probably be similar to if Hisao brought home a man, if Lilly is foreign-looking enough.
Somewhere here it was said that she looks totally Caucasian... so yeah.
Ozymil

Post by Ozymil »

EDiot wrote:
Not quite. Japan is, as a culture, much less open-minded and tolerant of foreigners than most other first-world countries. Reaction would probably be similar to if Hisao brought home a man, if Lilly is foreign-looking enough.
As un-PC as it is, if this were the case with the parents I would LOVE to see them trying to speak horribly broken English (or hell, even German) to Lilly upon first meeting her, only to be met with extremely formal, polite, and proper Japanese speech. :lol:

Dohohoho... oh come now, it's not in THAT bad taste.
Donnes-moi le chocolat, Hisao! Gib mir die Schokolade, Hisao! Dame el chocolate, Hisao! Dammi il cioccolato, Hisao! Ge mig choklad, Hisao! Giv mig chokolade, Hisao! 私にチョコレートを与える, 久夫! Daj mi czekoladę, Hisao! Geef me de chocola, Hisao! (Thanks for the Dutch ver. Leotrak) Bigyan mo ako ng chocolate, Hisao! Geef mij de chocolade, Hisao! Дайте мне шоколад, Хисао! Dá-me o chocolate, Hisao!
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

ContinualNaba wrote:I have a suspicion Hisao's family is going to be a non-issue at this point. Don't bet money on it, though.
I don't know - considering how long KS is supposed to be, I think it's a very real possibility. It's comparable in size to Clannad, which pretty fully explored Tomoya's and at least three of the girls' families, along with several more side characters' stories than KS seems to have. Not that I'm expecting Clannad to be a template for KS in any way, shape, or form, but I imagine you'd probably start running out of things to write about in a realistic-ish relationship-based story of that length without involving family somehow.
EDiot wrote:Not quite. Japan is, as a culture, much less open-minded and tolerant of foreigners than most other first-world countries. Reaction would probably be similar to if Hisao brought home a man, if Lilly is foreign-looking enough.
It might not be quite to that extent, but it would probably be comparable to, say, an American white boy bringing home a black girl or vice versa. Not necessarily an attitude of outright disapproval, but there would probably still be a little unconscious hesitancy there.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Ozymil

Post by Ozymil »

Csihar wrote:
EDiot wrote:Not quite. Japan is, as a culture, much less open-minded and tolerant of foreigners than most other first-world countries. Reaction would probably be similar to if Hisao brought home a man, if Lilly is foreign-looking enough.
It might not be quite to that extent, but it would probably be comparable to, say, an American white boy bringing home a black girl or vice versa. Not necessarily an attitude of outright disapproval, but there would probably still be a little unconscious hesitancy there.
Now see, that's something that I've always wondered about. The whole idea that most of us get about Japanese people being narrow-minded and general dicks to one another probably stems from what we've seen in animé. Much like how stereotypes about American culture are played up in western animation, this is most likely an inaccurate representation of how Japanese people act.

So, what is the real deal? Is there any evidence (testimonials and such) that can verify this claim?
Donnes-moi le chocolat, Hisao! Gib mir die Schokolade, Hisao! Dame el chocolate, Hisao! Dammi il cioccolato, Hisao! Ge mig choklad, Hisao! Giv mig chokolade, Hisao! 私にチョコレートを与える, 久夫! Daj mi czekoladę, Hisao! Geef me de chocola, Hisao! (Thanks for the Dutch ver. Leotrak) Bigyan mo ako ng chocolate, Hisao! Geef mij de chocolade, Hisao! Дайте мне шоколад, Хисао! Dá-me o chocolate, Hisao!
Member22

Post by Member22 »

Ozymil wrote:So, what is the real deal? Is there any evidence (testimonials and such) that can verify this claim?
I remember I asked a Japanese friend about this, and he thought that this 'Gajin' complex was mostly taken seriously by elderly ppl... while middle aged and young ppl tend to actually be more interested and curious in foreigners...but he said that there were exceptions, like in any country.

It would be interesting to see the girls parents and how the girls get along with them... especially rin
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

ContinualNaba wrote:I have a suspicion Hisao's family is going to be a non-issue at this point. Don't bet money on it, though.
Well we basically know nothing about them or their personality, so what they think about the girls he brings home and how open minded they are is sort of a mystery.
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

Chances are Hisao's family probably wont make much of an appearance. Since he's living at the dorm, he probably will seldom, if at all see them and probably wont see them again until after he graduates. So unless the story goes that far into the future, I wouldn't bet on Hisao's parents make any impact at all.
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

Shintai wrote:Chances are Hisao's family probably wont make much of an appearance. Since he's living at the dorm, he probably will seldom, if at all see them and probably wont see them again until after he graduates. So unless the story goes that far into the future, I wouldn't bet on Hisao's parents make any impact at all.
Some of the students brought their parents to the festival, I think. Even if I am wrong, I don't think it's extremely unlikely for his parents to pay a visit at least at some point, if only to check up on him. And what about holidays or other events?
Worst case scenario, what about phones?
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
trhvmn

Post by trhvmn »

I would think that, were Hisao's parents supposed to play a bigger role in the story later on, they would have already appeared at least once, in the beginning.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari-kari rock.