What you WOULD have wanted to happen in the story

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

bjwasdf

Re: What you WOULD want to happen in the story

Post by bjwasdf »

G3n0c1de wrote:
Brogurt wrote:as well as >implying that Hanako needs a psychiatrist
No, dude, you've got it all wrong. She definitely needs one in her present state. It would surprise me more if she didn't have one. Though, the antidepressants bring up an interesting point. Until now, I hadn't thought about her needing pills like that. I mean, it's pretty obvious now, but I've only ever thought on her just wallowing in self pity, running away from all contact, and burying herself in Lilly's care as her coping mechanisms.

Even so, I don't think Hanako can stop taking her medications on her own. She is simply not strong enough. But in your scenario, it could be said that the addition of Hisao into her life is what gives her the strength to remove her crutch, and live normally.
But, a strong case can be put that she hasn't been seeing a psychiatrist as of late. Of course, it all depends on the strength of one's will too. But looking at her current state, I would think she's not coping well. In fact, it seems as though she's been skipping appointments with the doc.

Then again, I don't have personal experience on this.
bintoy

Post by bintoy »

G3n0c1de wrote:and burying herself in Lilly's care as her coping mechanisms.
I WOULD prefer that Hanako buries herself in Hisao's care, so I could see it in the game. XDXD
heresy grows from idleness! -warhammer space marine
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

bintoy wrote:I WOULD prefer that Hanako buries herself in Hisao's care, so I could see it in the game. XDXD
Of course. What I said covers before Hisao enters Yamaku. Once they establish a relationship Hanako will be weaned off Lilly, and will fall into Hisao's care.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
DMGnome

Post by DMGnome »

Point the first: Hanako would benefit so, so much from a psychiatrist's help. Antidepressants would be helpful; anti-anxiety meds might be more useful for her specific situation but there's a fair bit of overlap in those sorts of medications.

Point the second: Antidepressants do not work that way. While Hanako being happier and more social is of course a good thing, a few weeks of cheer after finding a boyfriend is not cause to cut her off her meds completely. Even after several months of improvement, the psychiatrist's strongest reaction would be to lower the dosage.
Fans destroy things by loving them too much. This is one of the fundamental laws of the universe.
Actionman3457

Post by Actionman3457 »

I personally think it would be interesting if Hisao became extremely pissed off at one of the girls in the later acts of the game. I don't just mean that he gets angry like he did with Misha and Shizune when they invaded his room and he yelled at them for asking about his medicines. What I mean is that he gets into a conflict with the girl he was going for and he stays mad at her. Then some of the characters try to patch things between the two, which should boil down to Hisao choosing to get with the girl or to leave her. This way there is a good and bad ending.
"Your fine words and shining armor will get you nowhere!"-Travis Touchdown, Project Heroes
LadyLately

Post by LadyLately »

G3n0c1de wrote:
Brogurt wrote:as well as >implying that Hanako needs a psychiatrist
No, dude, you've got it all wrong. She definitely needs one in her present state. It would surprise me more if she didn't have one. Though, the antidepressants bring up an interesting point. Until now, I hadn't thought about her needing pills like that. I mean, it's pretty obvious now, but I've only ever thought on her just wallowing in self pity, running away from all contact, and burying herself in Lilly's care as her coping mechanisms.

Even so, I don't think Hanako can stop taking her medications on her own. She is simply not strong enough. But in your scenario, it could be said that the addition of Hisao into her life is what gives her the strength to remove her crutch, and live normally.
I just want to respond to this, as a chronically depressed person. Meds are -not- a crutch. They're...meds. Medicine for a disease. Depression is not a matter of not being 'strong enough' as a person. Even though it's a mental disease, the mind is an organ. To use an analogy: My depression is genetic. It's like Hisao's heart condition-- something I was born with, and I got it from my mother and grandmother. It's permanent, but treatable. Hanako's is, assuming that her was incited by the fire instead of being already present at the time of the tragedy, like a stab wound. Survivable and sudden, but goddamn are you going to need some recovery time. You may never again b quite as healthy as you were before, and there's scar tissue. Antidepressants and therapy are legitimate treatments. While your recovery time or ability to live with a heart injury/condition partially depends on how hardy you are, you can't expect someone to recover through sheer force of how healthy they are otherwise. Likewise you can't will yourself out of depression.

Feel free to substitute a slightly less cheesy organ than the heart in this analogy. Liver, maybe.
High-ranking member of the feminist conspiracy.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

LadyLately wrote:Meds are -not- a crutch. They're...meds. Medicine for a disease. Depression is not a matter of not being 'strong enough' as a person.
I agree with you, and I meant no offense. I wrote what I did because it sounded concise.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
bintoy

Post by bintoy »

Actionman3457 wrote:Then some of the characters try to patch things between the two, which should boil down to Hisao choosing to get with the girl or to leave her. This way there is a good and bad ending.
if Hisao changes his mind and leaves the girl, Kenji's ending is waiting. it is a PUNISHMENT. :mrgreen:
heresy grows from idleness! -warhammer space marine
Normal Deviant

Post by Normal Deviant »

I want all story arcs to have as much to do with Hideaki as possible.
Break a leg.
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

How about a wee bit of dialogue (possible during an H scene) where Hanako tries to act "sexy" but it doesn't quite work out, then Hisao says something like "I like you for who you are" and it all works out for the better while being pretty cute and romatic at the same time.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

scott1and wrote:How about a wee bit of dialogue (possible during an H scene) where Hanako tries to act "sexy" but it doesn't quite work out, then Hisao says something like "I like you for who you are" and it all works out for the better while being pretty cute and romatic at the same time.
B-B-BELLY DANCING!
I would kill for a scene (if not a whole path) written Bromont-style. Not gonna lie.
Normal Deviant

Post by Normal Deviant »

Silly Hisao. It's rude to speak in all caps.
Break a leg.
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

Brogurt wrote:
scott1and wrote:How about a wee bit of dialogue (possible during an H scene) where Hanako tries to act "sexy" but it doesn't quite work out, then Hisao says something like "I like you for who you are" and it all works out for the better while being pretty cute and romatic at the same time.
B-B-BELLY DANCING!
http://i55.tinypic.com/qog2mu.jpg
I would kill for a scene (if not a whole path) written Bromont-style. Not gonna lie.
omg wtf did that come from??? :lol:
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi
OneMore

Post by OneMore »

Brogurt wrote:I would kill for a scene (if not a whole path) written Bromont-style. Not gonna lie.
Who is Bromont?
Limbless

Post by Limbless »

Rohalmen509 wrote:
Brogurt wrote:
B-B-BELLY DANCING!
http://i55.tinypic.com/qog2mu.jpg
omg wtf did that come from??? :lol:
OneMore wrote:
Brogurt wrote:I would kill for a scene (if not a whole path) written Bromont-style. Not gonna lie.
Who is Bromont?
Hello and welcome to the forums, please enjoy your stay.

Since this is your first time here, allow me to give you some context: Katawa Shoujo is a visual novel set in a school for the disabled.

sorry for the sarcasm, but being here and not knowing who Bromont is... I think that's illegal or something