new guy.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SoulisS

new guy.

Post by SoulisS »

so from what i gather this game will be (more or less) like Kanon?
i'm downloading the first act thing right now but its moving so slow.
Ozymil

Re: new guy.

Post by Ozymil »

Is Kanon your only experience with VNs?

In answer to your question, it's more or less like it in regards to the high-school romance aspect. Only less magic and weird paranormal shit. I guess I'd put it closer to Clannad than Kanon :|
Donnes-moi le chocolat, Hisao! Gib mir die Schokolade, Hisao! Dame el chocolate, Hisao! Dammi il cioccolato, Hisao! Ge mig choklad, Hisao! Giv mig chokolade, Hisao! 私にチョコレートを与える, 久夫! Daj mi czekoladę, Hisao! Geef me de chocola, Hisao! (Thanks for the Dutch ver. Leotrak) Bigyan mo ako ng chocolate, Hisao! Geef mij de chocolade, Hisao! Дайте мне шоколад, Хисао! Dá-me o chocolate, Hisao!
SoulisS

Post by SoulisS »

not my only experience just the first one i remembered.
ok sounds cool, playing around with the demo/act 1 thing atm but it looks fun, any word on the full version release date?
Rhaegar

Post by Rhaegar »

SoulisS wrote:not my only experience just the first one i remembered.
ok sounds cool, playing around with the demo/act 1 thing atm but it looks fun, any word on the full version release date?
'when its done'. i think the most specific answer given was 'sometime before december 2011'.
SoulisS

Post by SoulisS »

Rhaegar wrote:
'when its done'. i think the most specific answer given was 'sometime before december 2011'.
this information makes me sad, what am i supposed to do until then?
i already beat the demo 100% and i'm stoked for the full game.
Bara

Post by Bara »

SoulisS wrote:
Rhaegar wrote:
Practice patience? Start a new hobby? (cross-stitch is taken btw.) Hang around in the IRC channel and BS with folks? Write some FanFic? Come up with some bad jokes for the Emi/Horatio Caine joke series? Make some hilarious KS photoshops?
In other words, let yourself be inspired if you choose.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Ozymil

Post by Ozymil »

SoulisS wrote:
Rhaegar wrote:
Personally, I got my fill of the Shimmie art and forum fanfictions, which sated my immediate lust for our lovely cripple lasses.

My advice is to just forget about it, as simple as that. I've done it on several occasions for things I'm too impatient to wait for, such as Unlimited Blade Works. In the end, it's probably better than dwelling incessantly on a project which, in this case, has the risk of not even being finished.
Donnes-moi le chocolat, Hisao! Gib mir die Schokolade, Hisao! Dame el chocolate, Hisao! Dammi il cioccolato, Hisao! Ge mig choklad, Hisao! Giv mig chokolade, Hisao! 私にチョコレートを与える, 久夫! Daj mi czekoladę, Hisao! Geef me de chocola, Hisao! (Thanks for the Dutch ver. Leotrak) Bigyan mo ako ng chocolate, Hisao! Geef mij de chocolade, Hisao! Дайте мне шоколад, Хисао! Dá-me o chocolate, Hisao!
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

It's like for translation of Fate/Hollow Ataraxia - I just stopped waiting. Do whatever suits your fancy. (I write FanFics, I'm proud of my touhou x ks fanfic, but most readers don't understand it because of accidental lack of knowledge about Touhou/KS. There is still hope though ;.; )
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

SoulisS wrote:this information makes me sad, what am i supposed to do until then?
Trust me, we know how you feel, guy.
Just be glad you don't have to wait too long, I know some of the posters here have been following the project since it started up like five or six years ago.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Ozymil

Post by Ozymil »

Smoku wrote:It's like for translation of Fate/Hollow Ataraxia
DAMMIT SMOKU, I HAD JUST FORGOTTEN ABOUT THAT
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Wait...
You were downloading Act 1 at 3:57am and had 100% completion at 7:48 ???
Is that even possible???
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
DemonOfRandgris

Post by DemonOfRandgris »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Wait...
Is that even possible???

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say he finished in 15 minutes. That's more or less 3 hours to...

....yeah. That's not possible. <___< Even if he skipped all the dialog as fast as he could, I don't think there's any way he could have possibly gotten 100% in just 3 hours.
G3n0c1de wrote:Harvey Dent is not moe.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Wait...
Is that even possible???
All auto-skip, all the time? :?
My troll sense is tingling...
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

AapoAlas

Post by AapoAlas »

Ozymil wrote:
... Or like Shuffle! translation by Game-Patch... (God damn that.)
Nothing to be seen here. Do check out my little dabbling in the art of words, though.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

AapoAlas wrote:
Ozymil wrote:
... Or like Shuffle! translation by Game-Patch... (God damn that.)
hm? I only have the... Mangagamer one =/ and some lines I knew are different by just listening to the voices and I don't know Japanese >.>
Better this then nothing.

I occasionally look at the Ataraxia translation status ( http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php?ti ... w_Ataraxia saving time for interested people to google), but I guess We all will be able to learn fluent Japanese even before it hits 50%.
Japan, open up for us, poor western nations :cry:

So.. new guy. Explain to us the wonder of passing the game on 100% completion in 3 hours, reading the whole content (cause I'm guessing simple text skip won't make anyone excited about KS)