Some questions in bulk

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Kantaro

Some questions in bulk

Post by Kantaro »

Hello everybody,

I have some questions :

1) In a old topic, "Does Raita actually know ?" (or something like this), someone said he's actually know and had posted about this on his website/blog. As I'm unable to read Japanese, can someone explain what he said about this ? (I'm not demanding necessarily an exact, word for word translation, but the global idea).

2) If the concerned person doesn't want to answer, no problem. In an old interview of some of the devs on a board, Aura said that Kenji's personality is a parody of the personality of one dev. But which one ?

3) I know "there is no girls on the Internet", but is there some girls in the devs ?

4) There is a lot of topics about estimated length of the full game, but I hadn't seen topic about estimated size (in MB or GB).

Thanks for your answers.
All the best.
Mirage_GSM

Re: Some questions in bulk

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I'd like to know about 1) myself, but...

2) A22

3) Yes. As far as I know, Weee, Moekki, Pimmy and Kamifish are female. Might be more.

4) I remember one of the devs mentioning the file size approaching 1GB in the devblog. No idea if that information is up to date. The word count for the complete VN is supposed to be around 650.000 iIrc.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

1) Reportedly, "I'm not involved in that, but wow!". This is secondhand info for me too, though, so take it with a couple kilos of salt.

2) A22.

3) Yes.

4) We don't quite know yet, either.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Member22..

Post by Member22.. »

Kantaro wrote:Hello everybody,
2) If the concerned person doesn't want to answer, no problem. In an old interview of some of the devs on a board, Aura said that Kenji's personality is a parody of the personality of one dev. But which one ?

4) There is a lot of topics about estimated length of the full game, but I hadn't seen topic about estimated size (in MB or GB).

Thanks for your answers.
All the best.
Welcome to the KS forum...

Answer for number 2 is in the manifest convention panel transcript: "Kenji, unfortunately, is loosely based off of Anonymous22, the Shizune writer. Yeah, I think it’s sort of self-inserted him into the story like that. It was one of those characters… we had wanted to put a friend character in because there was not enough characters early on. There were only the five girls and the one guy and we felt we needed more people so he just popped up one day and it was like let’s just put a guy in his hall, he can wear glasses, he can be blind, whatever. And from then on he took his own spin and A22 just forced his character in there which became that sort of nutjob."

As for number 4... refer to http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2375
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

1) Also, notice that Four Leaf Studio's twitter feed indicates that they follow Raita's tweets

3) is interesting in that nearly all of the character artists are female, while all the path writers are male. That kind of makes sense if you think of the game as being told from Hisao's (or a male fantasy) point-of-view, but I think excessively unrealistic behavior by the female cast would have some of the other devs object. On the other hand, Pimmy drew [shimmie=1225]this.[/shimmie]

It's also confusing in that some of the male devs use avatars of KS girls; I still think of Suriko as Lilly.
GMKGoat

Post by GMKGoat »

You know, the Nightmare Fuel pictures A22 has been doing start to make frightening sense when you look at it from Kenji's perspective...
ze spy

Post by ze spy »

GMKGoat wrote:You know, the Nightmare Fuel pictures A22 has been doing start to make frightening sense when you look at it from Kenji's perspective...
Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
"That weird motherfucker"
trhvmn

Post by trhvmn »

GMKGoat wrote:You know, the Nightmare Fuel pictures A22 has been doing start to make frightening sense when you look at it from Kenji's perspective...
...perhaps he has a yet-unknown disability akin to Fuminori's, from Saya no Uta.

It all makes sense now!
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari-kari rock.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

trhvmn wrote:a yet-unknown disability
That's what you call schizophrenia, my good chap.
Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:It's also confusing in that some of the male devs use avatars of KS girls; I still think of Suriko as Lilly.
The fact that Suriko is a female Japanese name doesn't help matters.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

HOLY FUCK. I would never have thought of that!
Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:
It's also confusing in that some of the male devs use avatars of KS girls; I still think of Suriko as Lilly.
Even the great devs can succumb to the need for a waifu. However, I must admit, the avatar does give him a distinguished feel.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

The answer to your fifth question is 2012, and the answer to your sixth is diabeetus.

You didn't hear this from me.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

To answer 1) Riata does know.

He commented on the project before Act 1 was released.

From what I remember of reading it someone commented on his blog, asking if he had heard of it. He said that he had.
I sent him an email when we released Act 1, but I never heard back from him OTL.

I haven't checked his blog in a while.

Also lol avatars for the girls. I guess Suriko and I shattered some dreams in Melbourne then.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

What are you talking about. I am the prettiest girl.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Suriko wrote:What are you talking about. I am the prettiest girl.
If you say so; we'll just blame the voice on the recording of the panel on too much whiskey and smokes then. :mrgreen:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?

Post by Guest »

I've already accepted the fact that Natsume is really the girl trapped inside Aura's body.