Three Questions.... plus extras

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Three Questions.... plus extras

Post by Shades of gray »

1) (just curious) is shizune long or near sighted?

2) (Devs, feel free not to answer this if it spoils too much) In the demo, it was mentioned that Hisao's meds may be changed, now we know (or at least seem to know) that hisaos meds will affect his *cough* overall health, will this be a highlight in the game (I.E will he have issues due to changed meds etc? as someone who takes specific amounts of Mycophenolate and tacrolimus per day, i know how slight changes in medication can have affects.)

and 3) will we have control over if hisao does or doesn't take his meds? (i.e option at start/end of day?)

that is just some Qs i had.
Last edited by Shades of gray on Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Re: Three Questions....

Post by Suriko »

1) Shortsighted

2) No comment (sorry).

3) Don't think so. If there is (in a 'not confirming, nor denying' way), it's quite indirect.
Akroma

Post by Akroma »

I can imagine certain events that could lead to Hisao accidentaly not taking his pills, but I think he is aware enough of his condition to not forget them on purpose

for instance, and kind of H-scene that doesn't take place in his room, like for example one of the girls rooms.

if he hasn't taken his meds before, he would have to sneak out at night to get them. not very romantic, is it? but romance aside, considering his stamina, he will probably fall asleep quickly afterwards, and forget his pills.

the only way I can see this averted is the h-scene causing immense chest pain, which reminds him to "swallow two daily to not die".

similar can even happen in his room, when he and one of the girls are making out, and he feels it's just grossly inapropriate to suddenly go "hey, wait a second, will ya?" and then proceeds to down the probably absurd amount of pills he will have to swallow.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

This makes me wonder whether there are some medications that he absolutely has to take daily in order to live. That seems somewhat extreme. While dangerous, I think he could handle being off his medication for a while if he couldn't help it. It would become an issue quickly, but not so immediate that he wouldn't have time to react. And perhaps if he misses, it wouldn't be instant death, but he'd get sick, or more prone to a cardiac event.

Actually, all of the above works rather well.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
PureLionHeart

Post by PureLionHeart »

I must admit, I've always pictured a rage scene in the game where his trouble dealing with his condition comes to a head and he just says "fuck it" and goes without the meds for a day or two, leading obviously to further debilitation and even further depression over the matter. It's the trigger I can't visualize, though...at least until coming to these boards and learning the whole ED issue. There's something to send an already somewhat depressed teenager over the edge - threat of being an eternal cherry. >_>
"We ruin the countries we govern and the people in our care. We slaughter our enemies, and sacrifice all our allies. We'll keep killing until there's nothing left but to destroy ourselves. It will never be enough. We are incorrigible warmongers, aren't we?"
a3d

Post by a3d »

I don't think Hisao will be stupid enough to stop taking his meds, unless it would be a part of one girl's path or we would be steaming towards a bad end.

Although the second question is a very interesting, I could see him changing his medication which would cause him mood swing possibly putting a strain on a relationship with one of the girls, and lets be honest folks; if that were the case in Hanako's path we would definitely get a suicide bad ending somewhere along the path.
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

a3d wrote:Although the second question is a very interesting, I could see him changing his medication which would cause him mood swing possibly putting a strain on a relationship with one of the girls, and lets be honest folks; if that were the case in Hanako's path we would definitely get a suicide bad ending somewhere along the path.
ah i think you may have missed one thing : when i said having his meds changed, i meant officially by the Nurse.

my own meds get changed every now and then to try and reduce the number i take.

Suriko, many thanks for your answers, it was just idle curiosity on my part.
PureLionHeart

Post by PureLionHeart »

a3d wrote:I don't think Hisao will be stupid enough to stop taking his meds, unless it would be a part of one girl's path or we would be steaming towards a bad end.

Although the second question is a very interesting, I could see him changing his medication which would cause him mood swing possibly putting a strain on a relationship with one of the girls, and lets be honest folks; if that were the case in Hanako's path we would definitely get a suicide bad ending somewhere along the path.
He was stupid enough to race the girl on the track team after two days of running with a heart condition, let's not rule out anything. :P

And I like that second idea, I have to say.
"We ruin the countries we govern and the people in our care. We slaughter our enemies, and sacrifice all our allies. We'll keep killing until there's nothing left but to destroy ourselves. It will never be enough. We are incorrigible warmongers, aren't we?"
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Considering he had his condition since birth without taking any meds, he probably won't go into cardiac arrest from forgetting to take them once, even if he is still weakened from his long hospital stay. He doesn't even have fixed times when he has to take them (other than "after waking up" and "before going to bed").
He probably won't be so foolish as to neglect taking them several days in a row.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

Remember kids. Hisao's condition is a lot worse than it was originally. The heart attack pretty much put him on the brink.

So forgetting to take his meds is going to leave him in bad shape or at the very least incredibly sluggish.
Shades of gray

Post by Shades of gray »

in regards to tablet taking, (and this may just be me) but i know when I've forgotten to take mine, and this may sound nuts but i get a sort of under the skin itch behind my left ear.

nowadays i barely even think about taking them, its just automatic for me to take my tabs with a cuppa tea in the morning and night.

Hey devs, how many tablets does hisao have anyway? cos i have 4 to take morning and night, and i just whack them all down in one. just another curious Q from me.
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

Shades of gray wrote:in regards to tablet taking, (and this may just be me) but i know when I've forgotten to take mine, and this may sound nuts but i get a sort of under the skin itch behind my left ear.

nowadays i barely even think about taking them, its just automatic for me to take my tabs with a cuppa tea in the morning and night.

Hey devs, how many tablets does hisao have anyway? cos i have 4 to take morning and night, and i just whack them all down in one. just another curious Q from me.
An itch under your left ear? When I forget to take my meds I get crippling nausea, headaches, impotence, cold sweat, shakes, blurry vision, lethargy... The list goes on and on. And I only take Ritalin!(or some equivalent of it)
Hisao takes like a hundred pills every day, I'll be surprised if his head doesn't explode if he forgets about them.
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
Shades of gray

Post by Shades of gray »

Minister of Gloom wrote: An itch under your left ear? When I forget to take my meds I get crippling nausea, headaches, impotence, cold sweat, shakes, blurry vision, lethargy... The list goes on and on. And I only take Ritalin!(or some equivalent of it)
Hisao takes like a hundred pills every day, I'll be surprised if his head doesn't explode if he forgets about them.

i think its a psychological response, but god knows its useful to have a reminder, it usually only takes 2 hours after my tablet time (if i've forgotten) before i get the itch. and i wont even dare to miss several days worth of tablets (I ain't going back on dialysis)
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Shades of gray wrote:Hey devs, how many tablets does hisao have anyway? cos i have 4 to take morning and night, and i just whack them all down in one. just another curious Q from me.
We didn't make up a list ahead of time, unless you count the "wall of drugs" in the OP, but I found a good sample later.

Then a couple of the writers picked up on the number and stuck it in the narration, so that kinda sorta became retroactively "official".
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

SirMax

Re: Three Questions.... plus extras

Post by SirMax »

Weird. When I forget my medication, I just don't get the effects. No withdrawal symptoms like that.