The Thread Thread: Questions about alternate outfits, etc.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

kapparomeo

Re: The Thread Thread: Questions about alternate outfits, etc.

Post by kapparomeo »

It makes sense for Rin to have footwear. After all, after spending the day shuffling along dusty floors and dirty ground barefoot, I doubt that she'd exactly want to bring her feet close to her face, or let them get near food.
There was a young clerk who took exception to Curzon's memorandum. He thought it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, 'Round Objects'. Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
-Sir Alan Lascelles
Bara

Post by Bara »

kapparomeo wrote:It makes sense for Rin to have footwear. After all, after spending the day shuffling along dusty floors and dirty ground barefoot, I doubt that she'd exactly want to bring her feet close to her face, or let them get near food.
And probably washes them like anyone washes their hands during the day. Basic hygiene is still basic hygiene you know, even if you are missing limbs that is not a good excuse for letting it slide if your a girl. Adaptability is one of peoples strong points so I'm sure Rin's wardrobe is full of clothes that are practical for her.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Bara wrote: Basic hygiene is still basic hygiene you know, even if you are missing limbs that is not a good excuse for letting it slide if your a girl.
So it's ok, if you're a boy? No thanks, I think I'm going to take a shower anyway ;-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
a3d

Post by a3d »

It's only logical for Rin to wear something that can be taken off and on very quickly, and as far as clothes go I'm pretty sure that we will see each girls "casual" wear for sure, and of course we'll see them naked.

I'm not so sure about extra/fanservice outfits though, I'm very doubtful about those. However the idea of Kenji in a thong makes me all tingly.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Csihar wrote:
Goldilurks wrote:Getting back on topic, question for the Devs: do you have any non-CG scenes where shoes/footwear will be visible and/or significant? I know that you've rendered the girls from head to toe, so...
Not a dev obviously, but if you're asking what I think you're asking, I don't think the sprites go all the way down to the feet, but they do extend a bit further down than usually shows up in the game - I recall one of the devs posting an Emi sprite that showed her striped leggings, although the bottom edge of the screen is usually somewhere around the bottom of her skirt.
What I get from that, is there is really no need to show that far down on a sprite. For one thing, it saves time if you don't have to worry about drawing even the smallest thing. Meaning one can focus more on the factors that people will be paying most attention to such as facial expression and body language by use of the arms (shoulders work to Rin). The legs might run that far down but little detail would need to be payed to them. [self praise mode on]I'm exceptional on figuring out how to cut corners. [self praise mode off]
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
PureLionHeart

Post by PureLionHeart »

kosherbacon wrote: I find the presence of heels on an already tall(by comparison) Lilly to be most titillating.
While not a fan of exceptionally tall glasses of water, I love those shoes on dear sweet Lilly.
Aura wrote:Rin uses a sort of flip-flop sandals normally. Easy and fast to take off and put on. She also can (and does) put on a normal bra by herself but tends to wear camisoles more often.
How on Earth does she put on a normal bra by herself? Is she more of a yoga master than we've been privy to this far?
"We ruin the countries we govern and the people in our care. We slaughter our enemies, and sacrifice all our allies. We'll keep killing until there's nothing left but to destroy ourselves. It will never be enough. We are incorrigible warmongers, aren't we?"
EDiot (unb&, yay!)

Post by EDiot (unb&, yay!) »

PureLionHeart wrote: How on Earth does she put on a normal bra by herself? Is she more of a yoga master than we've been privy to this far?
dressing stick, judging by the devs' source material.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

EDiot (unb&, yay!) wrote:
PureLionHeart wrote: How on Earth does she put on a normal bra by herself? Is she more of a yoga master than we've been privy to this far?
dressing stick, judging by the devs' source material.
My speculation on Rin going braless was based partly on the degree of difficulty, but she also strikes me as bohemian/60s-hippie sort who wouldn't always bother with a bra, even if she had arms.

Oh, all right, some Rin nipple bumps are also a reason.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:Oh, all right, some Rin nipple bumps are also a reason.
Take heart! This happens pretty frequently with camisoles.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

Aura wrote:Rin uses a sort of flip-flop sandals normally. Easy and fast to take off and put on. She also can (and does) put on a normal bra by herself but tends to wear camisoles more often.
see, I love stuff like this. finding out what the characters wear, favorite foods and stuff like that, just makes them seem more real, makes the game better. I remember an argument about the measurements listed on the main page in another thread, and I was like, who cares about that, there's more interesting things to know about them.

and keeping that idea in mind, I kinda figure that Emi wears a sports bra all the time, and Shizune probably has a small collection of really fancy lingerie. just 'cause. :mrgreen:
Csihar wrote:
Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:Oh, all right, some Rin nipple bumps are also a reason.
Take heart! This happens pretty frequently with camisoles.
woohoo!
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

Thanks to the devs for their replies!
neumanproductions wrote:What I get from that, is there is really no need to show that far down on a sprite.
I'm oddly disappointed in Hisao's studliness, but impressed by his gentlemanly conduct, to imagine that he's never going to look a girl up and down. Especially given what some of the ladies look like in casual clothing.

Either that, or all his elevator glances will occur in CGs.
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Mercutio wrote:and keeping that idea in mind, I kinda figure that Emi wears a sports bra all the time, and Shizune probably has a small collection of really fancy lingerie. just 'cause. :mrgreen:
Not official, but there's this from the shimmie: [shimmie]724[/shimmie]
PureLionHeart

Post by PureLionHeart »

And Lilly continues to make a strong play for my favorite girl with that picture. >_>
"We ruin the countries we govern and the people in our care. We slaughter our enemies, and sacrifice all our allies. We'll keep killing until there's nothing left but to destroy ourselves. It will never be enough. We are incorrigible warmongers, aren't we?"
trhvmn

Post by trhvmn »

PureLionHeart wrote:And Lilly continues to make a strong play for my favorite girl with that picture. >_>
Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Such fancy underwear is absolutely wonderful.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari-kari rock.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

trhvmn wrote:
PureLionHeart wrote:And Lilly continues to make a strong play for my favorite girl with that picture. >_>
Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Such fancy underwear is absolutely wonderful.

I totally agree. That's why I'll go for that route absolutely first when the full version comes out.