kosherbacon

Re: Who Stole Kenji's Lifeforce?

Post by kosherbacon »

G3n0c1de wrote:
a3d wrote:It was Hanako.

Then Hanako dumped him.

Kenji torched her house.

The rest is history.
Wasn't she 12 when this happened? That's a bit young to suck out a man's life force...
This is Japan, here.

Anyways, as much as I'd like it to be Yuuko, part of me is hoping for someone completely unexpected, like Miki or Hisao's mom or something.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

kosherbacon wrote:Anyways, as much as I'd like it to be Yuuko, part of me is hoping for someone completely unexpected, like Miki or Hisao's mom or something.
or Mutou. He's a reverse trap, man.
[LaZa]

Post by [LaZa] »

Smoku wrote:
kosherbacon wrote:Anyways, as much as I'd like it to be Yuuko, part of me is hoping for someone completely unexpected, like Miki or Hisao's mom or something.
Thanks, now I'll never see him the same way I did before.

Now, did that make any sense? I had trouble formulating this sentence.
...The answer? Use a gun, and if that don't work, use more gun!
----------------------
Ranking no more, mWahaha~!
Nobody inportant

Post by Nobody inportant »

Smoku wrote:
I need someone to do me a favor. Will some kind soul please drill a hole into my forehead and pour some bleach into my brain?
luinthoron

Post by luinthoron »

kapparomeo wrote:I'd prefer it to be Yuuko - her involvement seems the most plausible, especially given her nervous disposition and her anxious desire to help... but not entirely succeed at it. Similarly (as I've written in a couple of other posts) she tries to help bring an unhappy, lonely boy out of isolation with a measure of closeness and tenderness - but Yuuko's attempt at amateur therapy backfires messily to drive Kenji into the "enervated" state we find him in now.
No matter how nice this sounds, I just don't see this happening. Yuuko is way too afraid of doing anything even a little bit wrong in her job, and a relationship with a student would be quite definitely in the category "Wrong" for her. She would not risk her job for this, even if she wanted to "help" him.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

luinthoron wrote:No matter how nice this sounds, I just don't see this happening. Yuuko is way too afraid of doing anything even a little bit wrong in her job, and a relationship with a student would be quite definitely in the category "Wrong" for her. She would not risk her job for this, even if she wanted to "help" him.
Actually, Yuuko is less of an adult than you think. I think a dev has stated that she is a college student who is working at the school (and elsewhere) part time. Kenji is a high school senior, and this 'incident' happened a while ago. Perhaps when Yuuko was still in high school she met Kenji and was his dick vampire.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
kapparomeo

Post by kapparomeo »

Kenji says in "The Deep End" that he came to know his girlfriend in the Biblical sense "a year ago" - which incidentally makes his paranoiac personality actually a fairly sudden swerve, and the fact that it's relatively recent is probably why no-one else has communicated with him and attempted to bring him out of it before now. Yuuko can't be older than twenty, twenty-one at most, so if she was Kenji's girlfriend that would put her at 19 and him at 17, which isn't inconceivable.
There was a young clerk who took exception to Curzon's memorandum. He thought it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, 'Round Objects'. Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
-Sir Alan Lascelles
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

the fact that Kenji's a damn psycho doesn't make it inconceivable? I think it's none of the heroines appearing in the game.

Unless...

I wonder what kind of person Kenji was when he met the life-stealer girl. The one that showed him that he NEEDS A MAN.
a3d

Post by a3d »

kapparomeo wrote:I'd prefer it to be Yuuko - her involvement seems the most plausible, especially given her nervous disposition and her anxious desire to help... but not entirely succeed at it. Similarly (as I've written in a couple of other posts) she tries to help bring an unhappy, lonely boy out of isolation with a measure of closeness and tenderness - but Yuuko's attempt at amateur therapy backfires messily to drive Kenji into the "enervated" state we find him in now.
For some reason this theory sounds nearly EXACTLY the same as a similar sub-plot in Crescendo, in nurse route.
Nobody important

Post by Nobody important »

kapparomeo wrote:Kenji says in "The Deep End" that he came to know his girlfriend in the Biblical sense "a year ago" - which incidentally makes his paranoiac personality actually a fairly sudden swerve, and the fact that it's relatively recent is probably why no-one else has communicated with him and attempted to bring him out of it before now.
Not sure I agree with your logic here. I see no reason to assume Kenji wasn't insane before that incident, and I suspect that his sudden mojo loss just gave him somewhere to focus his tinfoil-hattery.

(And just once I'd like to see someone who's paranoid and isn't a conspiracy theorist. The world's plenty hopeless and the people in it are plenty horrible when taken at face value, folks!)

Post by Guest »

Over a year ago someone posted on /v/ claiming to be A22, saying Kenji and Yuuko had a thing going at some point and she was the one who "stole his lifeforce," but I've no way to prove if that is true or actually was A22. Regardless, I like the idea so that is what I'll believe until shown otherwise.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Guest wrote:Over a year ago someone posted on /v/ claiming to be A22, saying Kenji and Yuuko had a thing going at some point and she was the one who "stole his lifeforce," but I've no way to prove if that is true or actually was A22. Regardless, I like the idea so that is what I'll believe until shown otherwise.
A22 comes by enigmatically, says something totally out of place and shifts to the internet abyss. So I think that wasn't him.
kapparomeo

Post by kapparomeo »

Nobody important wrote: Not sure I agree with your logic here. I see no reason to assume Kenji wasn't insane before that incident, and I suspect that his sudden mojo loss just gave him somewhere to focus his tinfoil-hattery.
Fair point, well-presented. Thinking about it, it could actually indirectly lend further support to the Yuuko theory; If she wanted to "help" Kenji he'd have to be in a state which broadcast that he needed help in the first place.
There was a young clerk who took exception to Curzon's memorandum. He thought it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, 'Round Objects'. Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
-Sir Alan Lascelles
luinthoron

Post by luinthoron »

G3n0c1de wrote:
luinthoron wrote:No matter how nice this sounds, I just don't see this happening. Yuuko is way too afraid of doing anything even a little bit wrong in her job, and a relationship with a student would be quite definitely in the category "Wrong" for her. She would not risk her job for this, even if she wanted to "help" him.
Actually, Yuuko is less of an adult than you think. I think a dev has stated that she is a college student who is working at the school (and elsewhere) part time. Kenji is a high school senior, and this 'incident' happened a while ago. Perhaps when Yuuko was still in high school she met Kenji and was his dick vampire.
Kenji also says that he had the girlfriend in Yamaku, though. Yuuko doesn't seem to be even a former Yamaku student, so she would have had at least to be working there at that time as well. Which, as said, would most likely rule out any such relations with Yamaku students, considering her personality.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

The possibility that it was Yuuko is new to me. Is this an IRC thing?

Voted for the last option by the way, twice.