What you wouldn't have wanted to happen in the story

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

DemonOfRandgris

Re: What you wouldn't want to happen in the story

Post by DemonOfRandgris »

neumanproductions wrote: Shizune: For my sense, now you'll understand why she is last behind even Misha on the list in my sig, is because she is to controlling and comes off as what I think of a bitchy some times. Now i'm sure there are men out there who would take advantage (actually it would probably be the other way around) but why does it appear that Misha is her only friend...because no one else wants to be around her. Kind of stands out when there are no other members in the student council and why Shizune and Misha are always wanting to go into town for lunch or stay in the council room for hours on end.

I dunno about, but I personally want to see how she develops as a character because of that. It would be nice to see her change a little from her interactions with Hisao, become a better person because of it, and have more members in the student counsil. Maybe that's just me.

As for something I don't really want to happen?

Hostility between Lilly and Shizune never being resolved or increasing by the end of either path.
G3n0c1de wrote:Harvey Dent is not moe.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Sorry demon, I'll have to disagree with you there. I'm unsure of your opinion of Shizune, but it appears that you are viewing her from the outside, as the antagonist. To you, and many others, she's a bitch, and they don't want anything to do with her. As neuman pointed out, it's the reason that her only real friend is Misha. Actually, I think it has a lot more to do with her disability. Her being deaf and mute has left her shut off from the outside world, and she developed a strong, and independent personality because of it. Misha is one of few able to take part in Shizune's world, and is one of her closest friends. To others, she comes off as cold, and unapproachable. Many of them are turned off by her initially, and won't give her a chance (yes, I'm looking at you). I feel that while she may not be liked by all of her peers, they at least respect her as a leader and trust her in that regard.

Back to the point I'm trying to make, I wouldn't want Shizune to change into a 'nicer' character. I love her just the way she is. And there is nothing wrong with her, really. She's perfectly capable of kindness, she just doesn't show if it's not necessary. The Shizune under the shell is reserved for Misha, and Hisao should he choose to go down that path.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

ze spy wrote:Yes, it's a game where you fuck cripples and you're trying to inject logic into it, don't do that.
Seconded.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

neumanproductions wrote:I wouldn't want to see any of the 5 main girls not-a-virgin.
No luck there. Aura as much as said that at least one of the girls won't be.
Though I agree with your arguments, I trust that this will be an important part of the story for that character and not just some part of backstory, because "they can't all be virgins"
Shizune: For my sense, now you'll understand why she is last behind even Misha on the list in my sig, is because she is to controlling and comes off as what I think of a bitchy some times.
She is last on my list as well, but I really liked her in Throwing Balls, and if she shows that side more often in Acts 2-4, she might grow on me yet.
I don't care to see anyone die on a good ending.
Yes, Akira's "good" end in Tsukihime was a real downer. I wouldn't care for anything like that in KS. I'm not worried about that, though.
for one thing Hisao couldn't keep up with Makoto Ito's sex activities anyways...
This had me snickering for reasons that will soon become apparent.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Mirage_GSM wrote:No luck there. Aura as much as said that at least one of the girls won't be.
No I didn't.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Linch

Post by Linch »

Aura wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:No luck there. Aura as much as said that at least one of the girls won't be.
No I didn't.
Or did you. <.<
"Games And Fried Food!"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

The probability is non-zero.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
a3d

Post by a3d »

Aura wrote:The probability is non-zero.
I'm confused now.

So very very confused.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

a3d wrote:
Aura wrote:The probability is non-zero.
I'm confused now.

So very very confused.
Just according to keikaku. 8)
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Escalator

Post by Escalator »

I wouldn't want it to suck. This may be an unrealistic expectation, considering VNs.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Aura wrote:... If we consider every character in KS being a virgin unrealistic (I'm not saying every character is a virgin, because every character is not), would adding a token non-virgin suddenly make the setup realistic?
Aura wrote:
No I didn't.
You said not every character, which I tried to take into account by saying you as much as said.
Of course if you've been talking about Kenji, we already know he's not a virgin anymore and with Muto, Nurse and Akira it is almost a given. (Not so sure about Yuuko.) I wouldn't expect you to make such an obvious statement.
I'll be happy if I misinterpreted you, though, as I personally pictured them all as not having had a boyfriend before.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

I think it was possibly just to show that in the KS world people of Hisao's age aren't all virgins, rather than necessarily talking about any particular characters.

And/or Aura is just purposely sowing confusion to avoid spoiling anything.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

I guess what I wouldn't want to see is relationships between the girls disappearing because Hisao is dating one of them, ie: Hanako/Lilly or Shizune/Misha [ok last one doesn't count but you get my point]. It'd feel pretty bad to destroy a freindship for a sake of a romantic relationship. I'm sure the devs already thought of this though.
They should have called him Hisao S Thompson.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

I wouldn't like yaoi!

Also no chocolate from Hisao.

ok, hilarity aside.
Escalator wrote:I wouldn't want it to suck.
Simple and all what we want.

Escalator wrote:This may be an unrealistic expectation, considering VNs.
Well, uh...hm... then don't play VNs?
trhvmn

Post by trhvmn »

Hmmm, I don't really think that there are any things that could possily be major turn-offs to me, but there are two that I somewhat hope don't happen.

1. Iwanako not appearing again. Like it has been said by many people in the past, I would like to see her reaction to Hisao's new life (possibly while he's dating one of the girls).
2. In a route, having a single BAD END scene which is used for all bad ends in that route, akin to Yume Miru Kusuri. Though the likelihood of this happening is pretty small (if not zero), I'd assume, as the devs know what they're doing here.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari-kari rock.