What you wouldn't have wanted to happen in the story

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Lawls

What you wouldn't have wanted to happen in the story

Post by Lawls »

Okay chaps this one is for things we hope won't be apart of X's route. They can be plot points or endings or maybe some cliche's you would like to see avoided. I'll get things rolling with this:

Ikezawa- Arc is mostly just overcoming ghosts from the past
Ibarzaki- suzuka the VN
Satou- story is mostly about her sister
Tezuka- identity crisis
Hakamichi- story is all about her brother

I'm interested in hearing everyones thoughts on what they hope is not in the story
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

"But it’s looking like it may actually happen before we all die." - cpl_crud
  • "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare
ContinualDoWhat

Re: What you don't want to happen in the story

Post by ContinualDoWhat »

I swear to god, if the Devs pull some 'But your scars are beautiful' shit in the Hanako arc, I'll strangle myself.

... Please don't see that as an added incentive.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Lawls wrote:Ikezawa- Arc is mostly just overcoming ghosts from the past
Ibarazaki- suzuka the VN
Satou- story is mostly about her sister
Tezuka- identity crisis
Hakamichi- story is all about her brother
That is actually what I think will happen in Hanako's path. Her guilt over the fire and her complex over her scars are her most present and direct problems. Helping her get past this is something that has to happen in order for her to grow as a person.

And the Shizune/Lilly paths being about their siblings? Ridiculous. I mean, yes, I don't want the paths to be focused on that, but they won't. So it's not a problem.

I haven't given much thought about what I don't want to see in the game, yandere I guess. I just can't see any of the girls falling that far off the deep end. To add another point to the discussion, what is your opinion of Iwanako returning to the story, along any of the paths? Would you approve or disapprove of it and why? Personally, it seems like an interesting idea, but it would have to be done right, as it might detract from the girl the actual path is on. Seeing how Hisao comes to terms with his former crush, and how the girl would react to that. How would Iwanako feel about seeing Hisao? Does she have guilt over what happened? And how would she feel about Hisao tapping some crippled ass?
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

As has been brought up in the erotica thread, I'd hate to see a lot of the unrealistic or typical hentai cliches show up. (Fountains of jizz, ahegao, etc)

I myself wouldn't mind Iwanako appearing again. It'd really highlight who Hisao is at that point in the story versus who he was before he HNNG'd. Plus, I'd like to see how she'd react knowing that her former crush is dating a girl with missing parts, one who's disfigured to the extent of Hanako, a towering caucasian amazon, or Kenji.
Last edited by kosherbacon on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
a3d

Post by a3d »

ContinualDoWhat wrote:I swear to god, if the Devs pull some 'But your scars are beautiful' shit in the Hanako arc, I'll strangle myself.
Oh god this, I'll rage with the force of thousand soviet tanks if such shit ever comes up.

Also why do I have a strange feeling that this rivalry between Lilly and Shizune will lead to Hanako being bullied by some strange twist. I would rage hard if that were the case.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

I don't want the story to be adapted into a live-action movie.
Akroma

Post by Akroma »

Is Misha is actually gay for Shizune and turns Yandere on Hisao, then I am going to hang myself

I am fine if she gets anxious or even angry that her best friend, with whom she usualy spends every waking minute suddenly has no time for her anymore, but dear god don't let it turn into needle-time
[LaZa]

Post by [LaZa] »

About the h-scenes:
Assaults involving sexual intercourse. Simpler? Rape.
Seriously, that's a big DO NOT WANT from me, rough sex is ok I guess.
I wouldn't like an "DO IT WITH EM' ALL" path either.
About the story:
As stated before, no killing sprees plz.
...The answer? Use a gun, and if that don't work, use more gun!
----------------------
Ranking no more, mWahaha~!
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

It should be pretty obvious from just Act 1 that identity and trauma are primary themes in the game, regardless of path, so the OP confuses me a bit.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: What you wouldn't want to happen in the story

Post by Silentcook »

Topic name altered, since we are... shall we say, a fair bit along into getting stuff done? And I wouldn't want anybody to think they have a CHOICE to affect that. :evil:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

kapparomeo

Post by kapparomeo »

I think that you're barking up the wrong tree with Hanako, Lawls - of course her storyline is going to involve that! Breaking Hanako out of her shell will surely be one of the chief objectives of her route, and that means that the issue of her scarring is inevitably going to have to be confronted. Hisao will need to convince her that her scarring is not a mark that separates her from society, and that people can look at her without disgust or pity (remember that part of the reason Hanako is friends with Lilly is precisely because she's blind). If not "your scars are beautiful" then at the very least "your scars don't matter, you're beautiful anyway", maybe showing his own operational scars on his chest and reassuring her that everyone's scarred by something in life and that she's no different. It's both necessary and desirable.
Last edited by kapparomeo on Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
There was a young clerk who took exception to Curzon's memorandum. He thought it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, 'Round Objects'. Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
-Sir Alan Lascelles
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Okay chaps this one is for things we hope won't be apart of X's route. They can be plot points or endings or maybe some cliche's you would like to see avoided. I'll get things rolling with this:
I'm hoping we're not gonna see Shizune's and Lilly's little feud explained as some twisted Romea & Jules-story with Akira and Hideaki at the center. (was there ever an official statement from the devs on who or what Hideaki is to begin with?) Due to their personalities, I can easily see Lilly and Shizune annoying the hell out of each other if they were forced to work together on something for even less than an hour, so far-fetched outside factors explaining their mutual dislike would seem unnecessary to me.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

I'm hoping we're not going to see any yandere at all.

What?
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

I hope to see people referred to by their first names. Especially when you're talking about siblings. I, personally, would want Akira Satou's sister to be the focus of Satou's path.
Wokka

Post by Wokka »

Something that's done in nearly every VN I've read: Everyone's a virgin but they're willing to have sex with the main character immediately (well, within a dew days of meeting/starting to date). I find it unrealistic that you could pull a random group of 6 18-19 year old high school seniors and every one of them is a virgin.

Other than that, overdoing the effects of Hisao's medications. I'm on the same drugs he would be and have had a whopping 3 side-effects in 3 years. Only 1 was big enough to change medicines. Just because a side-effect is possible doesn't mean it must happen and doesn't mean it'll be the worst possible incarnation of the side-effect.

Wokka
You know, like Pac Man: wokka wokka wokka wokka