What you wouldn't have wanted to happen in the story

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

scott1and

Re: What you wouldn't want to happen in the story

Post by scott1and »

Shujoxa wrote:Also, while I understand Misha's going to be important for a while in Shizune's route, I really don't want to put up with her through the whole goddamn thing, if it's all the same to the devs. I'm not saying I want her dead (not that I'd care) but if you look at it, in Shizune's act 1 ending (and I think there's another scene or two where Misha's not around Hisao and Shizue) you see a brilliant chemistry between the two that as far as I can tell, Misha just destroys.
Yeah, they'll just kill off Shizunes INTERPRATOR FOR THE HEARING WORLD!!!
ReinerSkye

What tropes do you least want to see?

Post by ReinerSkye »

Just out of curiosity what tropes do you guys really hate that you absolutely don't want to see in Katawa Shoujo. I HATE when VN's have the protagonist lose memories specifically of their significant other. I hate it even more when the significant other forces it to happen through some bullshit method "for their own good."

Luckily for me my most hated trope isn't likely to come up. But what about the rest of yall? What do you just never want to see in Katawa Shoujo?
Hanako = Rin > Lily > Shizune > Kenji > Emi > Misha
bintoy

Re: What tropes do you least want to see?

Post by bintoy »

I don't like... cumshots on the face. it's just not cool to do that on the woman you really love.
heresy grows from idleness! -warhammer space marine
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

"It's okay, I'm on a safe day!" and not getting knocked up as a result

Also, misunderstandings that could be easily diffused, like say... a girl seeing Hisao talking to one of the other girls and spending days pissed off instead of actually trying to clear it up.
DMGnome

Post by DMGnome »

If one of the girls goes yandere, the writers'd better do a damn good job setting it up beforehand. Also seconding that whole "wacky miscommunication!" plot. And with a serious medical presence on campus, it'd be nice if they didn't ignore safe/unsafe sex issues.
Fans destroy things by loving them too much. This is one of the fundamental laws of the universe.
Limbless

Post by Limbless »

"Cannot spit it out" taken to extreme levels like it often is. Always annoys me.
ReinerSkye

Post by ReinerSkye »

I should of known this thread existed already, thanks to whoever moved my post here.
back on topic, the "It's not what it looks like" moments are easily my second most hated trope its the reason I can never finish a Romance manga ( or maybe i just have bad luck choosing them) Every time theres a stupid misunderstanding that could be cleared up in 2 sentences that causes all kinds of drama makes me want to hunt down the writers and strangle them.
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

ReinerSkye wrote:I should of known this thread existed already, thanks to whoever moved my post here.
back on topic, the "It's not what it looks like" moments are easily my second most hated trope its the reason I can never finish a Romance manga ( or maybe i just have bad luck choosing them) Every time theres a stupid misunderstanding that could be cleared up in 2 sentences that causes all kinds of drama makes me want to hunt down the writers and strangle them.
In that case, watch To love Ru or Ormamori Himari if you ever wanna really get pissed off. Either one is FULL of these moments. Usually though it doesn't end with drama, just the main character getting beaten sensless.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe..."
-Albert Einstein

Friends are temporary, love is eternal.
ReinerSkye

Post by ReinerSkye »

Raiden wrote:In that case, watch To love Ru or Ormamori Himari if you ever wanna really get pissed off. Either one is FULL of these moments. Usually though it doesn't end with drama, just the main character getting beaten sensless.

I don't really mind it that much when the misunderstanding leads to the protagonist immediately getting the crap beat out of them, then everything gets cleared up. I'm talking about when it leads do one or both characters getting emotionally hurt for a extended period of time. I just can't stand how watching those kind of situations make me feel. :/
Yukimi

Post by Yukimi »

ReinerSkye wrote:
Raiden wrote:In that case, watch To love Ru or Ormamori Himari if you ever wanna really get pissed off. Either one is FULL of these moments. Usually though it doesn't end with drama, just the main character getting beaten sensless.

I don't really mind it that much when the misunderstanding leads to the protagonist immediately getting the crap beat out of them, then everything gets cleared up. I'm talking about when it leads do one or both characters getting emotionally hurt for a extended period of time. I just can't stand how watching those kind of situations make me feel. :/
As fr as I remember there's not much silly missunderstandings in Kare Kano but it's been years since I read it. It was a so dmn good shoujo manga.
Shizune=Akira > Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Rin (but all of them have a place in my heart and some other more interesting locations XP).
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

Stalker Misha.
.__.

On the Shizune path, while you're trying to put the moves on Shizune more and more, Misha just starts stalking the both of you. Please don't let that happen. :cry:
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi
PasterOfMuppets

Post by PasterOfMuppets »

something anti-climatic.
unless it was on kenji or emi's path.
Good joke... Everybody laugh... Roll on snare drum... Curtains...

Hanako = Shizune = Lilly = Rin > Kenji > Placeholder > Emi
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Rohalmen509 wrote:Stalker Misha.
.__.

On the Shizune path, while you're trying to put the moves on Shizune more and more, Misha just starts stalking the both of you. Please don't let that happen. :cry:
Surely you didn't mean to say S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Misha?
Pic related, I capped it 20 days ago and haven't really had a good opportunity to use it until now
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

.__.
I just imagined Misha trying to be stealthy. Does not compute.
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

Panty Supervisor wrote:
.__.
I just imagined Misha trying to be stealthy. Does not compute.
She could probably pull it off as long as nothing funny happens.

One thing I hope to not see is similar to the misunderstandings others have brought up, but it isn't an accident. It happens a lot in anime, manga, and VNs when a girl finally accepts her feelings for the protaganist and starts to accept him, then her worst enemy that's been her rival in everything and has made her life a living hell for years tells her something bad about the guy which she naturally accepts as the gospel truth without batting an eye.